Carnival Legend Thoughts

Many good points and only a few negatives from our time on her in January.

The Good and the Bad:

Ship could have used a bit of cleaning, bit of rust and dirty areas, but not horrid. Tacky looking tape EVERYWHERE with bits of garland attached to it from XMAS decorations, EVERYWEAR ya looked, every urn, column and ceiling.

Food was so..so, BUT!!!Never a line in the buffet and never a wait for a personal table for 3 in the MDR the 2 breakfats and 2 evenin g meals we had there.

Waiter never greeted or smiled and I asked for tabasco sauce the first 2 MDR meals...never got it, so never asked again.

Comedians were good, shows were not bad.

Pass Guest Party and Return guest party had nice appetizers and drinks flowed fast and quick.

Never seemed crowded on ship ( though I do avoid poolside Lido at all costs)

Staff was the biggest downfall, we caught staff twice getting into loud verbal arguments and they all seemed edgy, something MUST have gone down amongst them prior to cruise. One fight was over who would clean up a buffet room mess (finally my wife cleaned it up in front of them to the appllause of the other diners.)

Room was quiet and smooth (Interior , mid ship Riviera deck), though daughter was sad towel animals only appeared a few times.

Ports were great, were not fans of Cozumel, but did enjoy wandering the other side of the island. Belize City and Roatan (inland) became our new favorite 2 ports.

Tampa has so much to see with Tarpon Springs, Clearwater etc...

You'll love Legend

Don't miss sailing under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge! It is about 6:30 pm and you will not believe that the ship is going to fit under the bridge!

We will be sailing our 4th time on the Legend the week before you. Just one thing I like about Legend is that they have a mini specialty coffee station in the Lido Buffet. So if you need some extra punch in your coffee you can get it right there at breakfast...not just on Deck 5 or where ever the other main specialty coffee and cake station is.

Legend never felt as crowded as other ships to me. And she has a pool (not just a hot tub) in her Serenity (Adult Only) area.

Helen ... We are also on the Legend for the September 2 departure from Tampa. Thanks for the tip on "some extra punch in your coffee" as 'weak' coffee is often an issue for us on this casual level of cruising. We had booked 4 cruises in a row with Azamara Club Cruises because the 'high end' coffee is available anytime in a specialty coffee area like you described and also because we love wine and it is also provided free flowing at lunch and dinner. We were offered such a good deal on this cruise for a balcony that we thought we'd take a chance. It is great reading the positive reviews so far since the refurbishment. Cheers ... maybe we'll see you on board! Dan & Linda

Legend is our favorite ship so far. We were on the Dream last December and just didn't like it as much. In fact, I think we like the Destiny better.

Sailed both Legend and Destiny, and loved both. The Legend is just a beautiful ship. We loved the variety of options for entertainment. Seemed there was no shortage of goings-on to tickle your fancy, without feeling crowded or overwhelmed.

We're going on the Legend again soon and I. can't. wait!!! Taking our kids this time and going to have a blast.

It's very nice sailing out of Tampa on such a beautiful cruise. 20 minutes and we're there. :D

Our fav port of all time is Roatan. Would love to move there.

Legend is good, but I think the Port of Tampa is great. It's very convenient to get to -- either by shuttle, cab, or parking yourself in the garage across the street. We were actually the very first no-specialty people to check in (a couple of wedding parties were in front of us). It's my favorite port to sail from. The last one was out of Ft. Lauderdale, which was VERY confusing (fortunately, I got good advice from here that said to park at one of the shuttle lots instead of at the pier); Vancouver (absolutely horrid! Wait time to board was excruciating -- I think close to two hours! -- I guess because of going through customs before boarding the ship); Miami twice (I don't really remember much about this because it was many years ago. I do remember no waiting -- the first time because we were about the very LAST people to board, and the second time because we boarded pretty early).

• 3 weeks later...
The Legend is my favorite ship so far. We sailed on her Last September, had so much fun we cruised again this past April. We loved the Spirit Class ships and really enjoyed the itinierary.

We sail on her for the 4th time this October. The Legend is our favorite ship.

The crew to me has always seemed so friendly. I think they are happier on that ship.

Great to see this thread come back! I had posted in it when I was still deciding. I have decided since then and will be sailing on the Legend in January. Managed to score an AFT extended balcony, so am really happy about that.

Booked a night at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point. (no park and cruise available for that date at the Holiday Inn, but that's okay)

I'm psyched and so impatiently waiting!

We booked and paid for our Legend Cruise back in February. It's been a long wait... I love this class of ships. The Pride and Miracle are my favorite ships so I am really psyched about this upcoming cruise!

Great to see this thread come back! I had posted in it when I was still deciding. I have decided since then and will be sailing on the Legend in January. Managed to score an AFT extended balcony, so am really happy about that.

Booked a night at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point. (no park and cruise available for that date at the Holiday Inn, but that's okay)

I'm psyched and so impatiently waiting!

We were on the Legend from Jan 1-8 this year, and we had a nice time. The ship was easy to get around, most of the staff seemed kind and helpful (except for our waiter at the early dinner service - he was pretty slow and forgetful). The food was good but not as special as we remembered on our other cruises.

We had an obstructed view balcony which was a great deal, and we could see the water and sky, and some lifeboats too. It was clean and we got towel animals every day.

The only unfortunate thing for me was that our ship had to skip Grand Cayman because of high winds (and I wanted to go there the most). Roatan was beautiful, and Belize was definitely my favourite with the ATV and cave tubing adventure that we booked through cave-tubing.com.

Overall we had a great time, and this year we were down to the Legend again and the Eurodam out of Fort Lauderdale, which is what we went with because we wanted to try something a little different.

I hope you have a great time!!

Archived