Help! Atlantis Bahamas Excursion

We are going on the Jewel in Dec and on our stop to Nassau we were going to go to the Sheraton and purchase a day pass to sit on the beach.

Many people have told me that the Atlantis resort is where we should go.

Has anyone been there ? What does the prices include (110$) is there a food voucher, can we go on the waterslides and the aquarium?

I also want to know if it is extremely busy we are going at the end of Dec the 30 I think, and I don't want to spend all that money just to wait in line for 2 hours to go on a waterslide.

Any help would be appreciated !!!!!

Perhaps you did not see it or do not believe me but this info is directly from NCL's excursion page. There are many things to do in the largest waterpark in the caribbean including wave pool and lazy river etc....

You can look up all excursions by going to My NCL and loging in, or creating an account to the right of the log in screen, then hit the tab for excursions for your ship. this is a typical Atlantis Shore excursion.

Port: Nassau, Bahamas

It’s new, it’s big; and it's fun for the entire family. Come play at Aquaventure, the centerpiece of the Atlantis Resort’s recent billion-dollar development. Containing over ... more

It’s new, it’s big; and it's fun for the entire family. Come play at Aquaventure, the centerpiece of the Atlantis Resort’s recent billion-dollar development. Containing over twenty million gallons of water, this non-stop water experience consists of thrilling new water slides, a mile-long river ride with high intensity rapids, wave surges, and never-before-seen special effects. The excursion also includes access to the huge, open-air marine habitat where you can find over 50,000 fascinating sea creatures. Whether you prefer a thrilling ride through a shark-filled pool or a gentle float on a never-ending lagoon, you'll find it at Atlantis. Note: Participants ages 3 or younger receive free admission if accompanied by a participating paying adult (parent or guardian at least 18 years of age). There is a considerable amount of walking on this tour (approximately 0.4 miles). Participants must be at least 48" tall to ride the water slides. Lounge chairs, towels and life jackets are provided. Non-motorized water sports are available for rent. Guests should bring a credit card for drink and food purchases. The transportation for this tour is by bus, approximately 25-minutes each way depending on traffic conditions. Guests participating on an Atlantis Shore Excursion must arrive at the place and time stated on the Shore Excursion ticket. Atlantis tour tickets will not be honored at the resort. This tour is available for all ships except Norwegian Epic and Norwegian Sun. The last transfer back to the ship will be one hour before sailing time. Prices may vary by sail date. less

Approximate Duration 7 hours

Adult $119* Child $79* Child Under 3 Free

Find a Cruise for this Excursion

We've been to the Bahamas twice on cruises and we've always chosen to skip Atlantis because we think the price is ridiculous for what you get. My suggestion is to try the "Bahamas" port board here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58 and read other people's suggestions for Nassau. We did do the day pass at Sheraton in 2011 and we thought it was lovely. I've also read good things about Blue Lagoon. We are going again in January and we're probably going to do a sailing excursion this time.

Perhaps you did not see it or do not believe me but this info is directly from NCL's excursion page. There are many things to do in the largest waterpark in the caribbean including wave pool and lazy river etc....

You can look up all excursions by going to My NCL and loging in, or creating an account to the right of the log in screen, then hit the tab for excursions for your ship. this is a typical Atlantis Shore excursion.

Port: Nassau, Bahamas

It’s new, it’s big; and it's fun for the entire family. Come play at Aquaventure, the centerpiece of the Atlantis Resort’s recent billion-dollar development. Containing over ... more

It’s new, it’s big; and it's fun for the entire family. Come play at Aquaventure, the centerpiece of the Atlantis Resort’s recent billion-dollar development. Containing over twenty million gallons of water, this non-stop water experience consists of thrilling new water slides, a mile-long river ride with high intensity rapids, wave surges, and never-before-seen special effects. The excursion also includes access to the huge, open-air marine habitat where you can find over 50,000 fascinating sea creatures. Whether you prefer a thrilling ride through a shark-filled pool or a gentle float on a never-ending lagoon, you'll find it at Atlantis. Note: Participants ages 3 or younger receive free admission if accompanied by a participating paying adult (parent or guardian at least 18 years of age). There is a considerable amount of walking on this tour (approximately 0.4 miles). Participants must be at least 48" tall to ride the water slides. Lounge chairs, towels and life jackets are provided. Non-motorized water sports are available for rent. Guests should bring a credit card for drink and food purchases. The transportation for this tour is by bus, approximately 25-minutes each way depending on traffic conditions. Guests participating on an Atlantis Shore Excursion must arrive at the place and time stated on the Shore Excursion ticket. Atlantis tour tickets will not be honored at the resort. This tour is available for all ships except Norwegian Epic and Norwegian Sun. The last transfer back to the ship will be one hour before sailing time. Prices may vary by sail date. less

Approximate Duration 7 hours

Adult $119* Child $79* Child Under 3 Free

Find a Cruise for this Excursion

You are incorrect . I did see your post and it was helpful.

But it is not a personal experience. I am looking for people that actually went to the resort and can tell me things about it. Your explanation there does not tell me about a food voucher it also does not tell me what the park is really like and if I should veer away from it in December due to high tourist rates.

Unless you wish to use Atlantis' waterpark, there's NO reason to pay those prices to go to a beach!

There are public beaches in Nassau, or you can do as you plan, and go to a hotel and use their beach and facilities for MUCH less than Atlantis!

I was on the Allure of the Seas last October and did the ships excursion to Atlantis. We were taken by bus to Atlantis and allowed to use all of the facilities. Atlantis covers many acres and there is a lot to see there.

I don't recall receiving any food vouchers that came with the excursion. I am glad that went and got to experience it. I may go back and stay a few days at Atlantis sometime.

We've been to the Bahamas twice on cruises and we've always chosen to skip Atlantis because we think the price is ridiculous for what you get. My suggestion is to try the "Bahamas" port board here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58 and read other people's suggestions for Nassau. We did do the day pass at Sheraton in 2011 and we thought it was lovely. I've also read good things about Blue Lagoon. We are going again in January and we're probably going to do a sailing excursion this time.

Thank you I will !

We did Atlantis by reserving a room at comfort suites next door. However I don't think this would be a cheaper option, as it is a holiday week. I do believe most ships' excursions are more than $110 pp for the aqua adventure (full access), and don't include food vouchers. It's cheaper to buy the pass at atlantis, but I really doubt they'll be selling them that week. It will be very crowded, with very long lines.

We have also done day passes at the hilton and sheraton, and prefer the sheraton.

We have been to Atlantis both on ship excursions (from the RCL Allure and the Oasis), and direct travel to Atlantis (4x) for a few day's vacation to stay at the resort. We have greatly enjoyed it every time. The resort is constantly changing, and it keeps us busy, as I personally don't like to sit on a beach. I have never been there during the week you are planning, but every time I have been there the lines have been manageable. I would recommend that you consider taking a taxi back to the ship, as the departure point is a long walk from the waterpark, and you can save a lot of time.

We have been to Atlantis both on ship excursions (from the RCL Allure and the Oasis), and direct travel to Atlantis (4x) for a few day's vacation to stay at the resort. We have greatly enjoyed it every time. The resort is constantly changing, and it keeps us busy, as I personally don't like to sit on a beach. I have never been there during the week you are planning, but every time I have been there the lines have been manageable. I would recommend that you consider taking a taxi back to the ship, as the departure point is a long walk from the waterpark, and you can save a lot of time.

Do you get acess to the aquarium ?

We did the water park as an excursion on the Sky last year. No food included. We did have full access including "the dig". If you love water parks, it's a lot of fun. I wouldn't necessarily do it again at that price, but I'm glad I did it once.

When you purchase the day pass for Atlantis from NCL, it includes everything at the resort (pools, slides, aquarium, etc). It does not include food purchases or swimming with the dolphins but you are free to watch the other groups.

Atlantis is HUGE. And is is impossible to see or do it all in one day. We tried and only got to one aquarium and missed the shark aquarium. We loved the slides and lazy river. I could spend all day there. We spent a little time at the beach and the beautiful pool too. But you cant see or do it all so the resort really makes out on the price. The slide lines move very very fast so I dont think you would be waiting hours. We never had to wait at all. The slides are amazing and extremely fast. They are not just for kids.

Bring comfortable shoes and sandals that can get wet since the pavement gets HOT. Rent a day locker to keep your valuables. They will not allow women with earings on any of the slides. So do not wear any jewelry to the park. Yes it is expensive but I truly believe everyone should go once, esp if you have kids. I dont have kids but really enjoyed the day. So much walking my feet were killing me.

One of the Atlantis excursions which is not offered through NCL is the Trainer for a Day. If Atlantis offers it when you'll be there, it is definitely the one to do if you aren't turned off by the price. It is a full day (7 hours), it includes all your food/drinks and you do spend the whole day with the trainer doing things you don't do on any of the shorter excursions, in addition to everything they do on the other excursions at Dolphin Cay.

Since it isn't available through NCL, you need to book it directly with Atlantis on your own and they require payment in advance and it is non-refundable. So, if you do go for it, be sure you have travel insurance if for some reason you have to skip Nassau or cancel the trip.

It was definitely the best excursion we've been on in all our cruises, and we have done some pretty good excursions previously.

Howard

I've been to Atlantis many times and even at that price, you shouldn't miss it. There are numerous slides, some for young kids and some not, lazy rivers, beautiful pools and the aquarium is amazing. Definitely plan on taking a taxi back to the ship as another poster mentioned. There are taxis in the front each tower lobby (there are 3 towers). If you can't find lounge chairs, find a pool attendant and for a small gratuity he/she will set you up. The food is pricey (think about $8-$10 for a hamburger). There are servers at all pools - you can eat poolside or walk up to one of the outside restaurants - there are several of them. Enjoy a cocktail while you're there - they have delicious frozen drinks (margaritas, pina coladas, etc.) I will be happy to answer any other questions you have. Enjoy yourself!

When you purchase the day pass for Atlantis from NCL, it includes everything at the resort (pools, slides, aquarium, etc). It does not include food purchases or swimming with the dolphins but you are free to watch the other groups.

Atlantis is HUGE. And is is impossible to see or do it all in one day. We tried and only got to one aquarium and missed the shark aquarium. We loved the slides and lazy river. I could spend all day there. We spent a little time at the beach and the beautiful pool too. But you cant see or do it all so the resort really makes out on the price. The slide lines move very very fast so I dont think you would be waiting hours. We never had to wait at all. The slides are amazing and extremely fast. They are not just for kids.

Bring comfortable shoes and sandals that can get wet since the pavement gets HOT. Rent a day locker to keep your valuables. They will not allow women with earings on any of the slides. So do not wear any jewelry to the park. Yes it is expensive but I truly believe everyone should go once, esp if you have kids. I dont have kids but really enjoyed the day. So much walking my feet were killing me.

I am glad to hear that the lines moves fast! And I am super interested in the aquariums! I am definitely going to look into this further , thanks for your help

I looked on another thread and found out about a 70$ day pass that just includes acess to the beach and to the aquarium. Has anyone ever done this ? And do we just take a cab to the hotel and ask costumer service for a pass a pay for it there?

Thanks so much !

Archived