Vote on the New NCL Breakaway  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on the New NCL Breakaway

• I Can't wait and I am already booked.
    • I intend on Booking soon
    • Haven't booked but love it so far
    • Have no desire to book the Breakaway
    • I do not sail on Mega Ships

Already booked it so I hope it is as good as I think it will be. The ship seems to be amazing with something for everyone. Very excited for next June.

I agree, I am sailing out on June 9. I picked a solo which I also did on the Epic. I am from Boston but the Dawn has no solos so a quick train ride down to NYC and then a slow boat to China, ooops Bermuda LOL:D

I'm thrilled at the entertainment announcement and I think the Top decks look great....Like you say, something for everyone, What I did notice and kinda sad about is there seems to be no bowling.....Oh well...can't have everything:(

Kev:cool::cool:

very funny:D I saw the aft section as well, those S6's look gorgeous. Is the S6 considered a Haven category for access? Have they come out with your floor plan yet?

Kev:cool:

S + number = Haven access. :) No floor plan, and trust me, I'm checking daily. :p

S + number = Haven access. :) No floor plan, and trust me, I'm checking daily. :p

Isn't one of the concerns of the S6 floor plan is whether it is 2 rooms or 2 bathrooms etc?:confused:

With all the monitoring the NCL boggers do you would think and hope they will address this oversight soon. Just glad you booked it sight unseen cause there does not seem to be many of them and they do look awesome. You really cannot beat an Aft View:D

already booked for the first run to the Bahamas and CANNOT WAIT. I don't have a ticker because it's a surprise Christmas present for my husband and sometimes I show him stuff here on CC so I don't want him to see a ticker.

I'm so psyched - booked an aft balcony.

We also booked an S6 and cannot wait until our cruise!!! See description below. This would definitely be separate rooms and and extra half bath in the livingroom/dining area

Private access to the best of everything and aft views, too

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse accommodates up to four guests with plenty of room on your spacious balcony. Rest on a luxurious king-size bed complete with a pillow-top mattress and fine linens from The Bliss Collection by NorwegianTM. Stretch out and relax in your luxury shower and oversized tub. Ring your butler for anything you might need.

Roomcat-The-Haven-Aft-Facing-Penthouse-with-Balcony.gif

INCLUDES

• Includes a separate living room, dining area and guest half bathroom
  • Living area includes double sofa bed, DVD player, mini-bar, refrigerator and coffee maker
  • Floor-to-ceiling windows and an extra-spacious private balcony
  • Features a luxurious king-size bed with pillow top mattress (Bliss Collection by Norwegian)
  • Separate luxury shower, oversize tub and two vanity sinks
  • Energy efficient by utilizing key card access to control lighting in the room
  • Guests also have access to The Haven and the secluded Haven Courtyard area, private restaurant and lounge
  • Concierge service and 24-hour butler
  • 8 available
  • Accommodates up to 4
  • 548 sq ft.
  • Located on Deck 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13

We also booked an S6 and cannot wait until our cruise!!! See description below. This would definitely be separate rooms and and extra half bath in the livingroom/dining area

Private access to the best of everything and aft views, too

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse accommodates up to four guests with plenty of room on your spacious balcony. Rest on a luxurious king-size bed complete with a pillow-top mattress and fine linens from The Bliss Collection by NorwegianTM. Stretch out and relax in your luxury shower and oversized tub. Ring your butler for anything you might need.

Roomcat-The-Haven-Aft-Facing-Penthouse-with-Balcony.gif

INCLUDES

• Includes a separate living room, dining area and guest half bathroom
  • Living area includes double sofa bed, DVD player, mini-bar, refrigerator and coffee maker
  • Floor-to-ceiling windows and an extra-spacious private balcony
  • Features a luxurious king-size bed with pillow top mattress (Bliss Collection by Norwegian)
  • Separate luxury shower, oversize tub and two vanity sinks
  • Energy efficient by utilizing key card access to control lighting in the room
  • Guests also have access to The Haven and the secluded Haven Courtyard area, private restaurant and lounge
  • Concierge service and 24-hour butler
  • 8 available
  • Accommodates up to 4
  • 548 sq ft.
  • Located on Deck 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13

All I can say is Wow,:eek: Wowww,:eek: Wowwww:eek: I am so jealous

Wow almmost 600 Sq Feet. Almost as big as my condo.

Wow.

I however have one of the famous solo cabins with mood lighting and a 7 inch clearance between legs and wall while on the toilet.....LOL 100 Sq feet

But hey I am just happy to be sailing the Breakaway at a decent price:D

I would love to sail her....but I need to wait for prices to drop. I just can't justify paying what they are asking right now.

My sailing (first run to the Bahamas/FL) was pretty reasonable (I think). I originally booked during an oceanview for a balcony sale and got a BA for $979 pp. But then I changed to an aft balcony for $1099 pp (during another sale) plus I got OBC (amex and HSN so $175 total).

I thought that was pretty good pricing.

Bermuda is definitely higher.

Very Excited!!! :):):):)

We are booked on the one-day (04/28/2013) Rotterdam to Southampton and the 7-day (04/30/2013) Southampton to New York.

Am on Deck 11 mid-ship balcony port side (so we can see the Statue of Liberty) when we arrive in New York.

If you'd like to introduce yourself we'd like to know our fellow passengers beforehand. We are seniors and its just the two of us.

This should be some trip.

Does anyone know what is going to be in the Aft section of Deck 15 that now says To Come. It looks like a fairly large area. We seem to have gotten all the areas except for this one. I know the spa is on Deck 14 so is this the gym and men's and woman's lockers with steam and saunas:confused:

Not really that stoked about Breakaway as I am about the Epic. It doesn't seem to have the very unique things that the Epic has such as Blue Man Group or the Ice Bar or the crazy toilet bowl slide and so on. It somehow seems more conservative. And I may be wrong, but will wait and see what folks say after she sails.

Like many people I also booked an Aft-facing Penthouse Suite. I'm looking forward to the haven access. I can't wait for the floor plans to come out. Also, I am a little surprised that you don't think that the Breakaway has many unique things. It seems to have a lot of different things than other ships including new shows, 5 water slides, the rope course and zip line, different restaurants than some other ships, etc. Very excited for my June 9th cruise!

Like many people I also booked an Aft-facing Penthouse Suite. I'm looking forward to the haven access. I can't wait for the floor plans to come out. Also, I am a little surprised that you don't think that the Breakaway has many unique things. It seems to have a lot of different things than other ships including new shows, 5 water slides, the rope course and zip line, different restaurants than some other ships, etc. Very excited for my June 9th cruise!

I agree, the mini golf, Savor MDR(Different menu), the Broadway shows, the Boardwalk outdoor Dining(Major) The Ropes Course, the Vertical drop and side by side twisting racing slides, the Breezeway also sounds more extensive than say the Bier gartens,The classic design, Vibe Beach club,Cafe seating, Overlook from Moderno and Cagneys to Manhattan Room etc.... Ocean Blue Seafood, All seem like great additions.

The Ice Bar on Epic was unique but people only stayed 10 minutes,

K Sheehan nixed the faux Ice skating after Undercover Boss, The bowl slide was great but took up huge amounts of deck space that was better served by the new innovative slides, Blue Man group is an EPIC signature and people who travel on the Breakaway(From what I have seen have already sailed the Epic) Want new options and they are going for NYC style entertainment, The Homeport year round in NYC.

So all in all I think I would have to agree that they took the best of Epic and went a few(more than a few) steps further:D

Very Excited!!! :):):):)

We are booked on the one-day (04/28/2013) Rotterdam to Southampton and the 7-day (04/30/2013) Southampton to New York.

Am on Deck 11 mid-ship balcony port side (so we can see the Statue of Liberty) when we arrive in New York.

If you'd like to introduce yourself we'd like to know our fellow passengers beforehand. We are seniors and its just the two of us.

This should be some trip.

Come join us. Roll call for 4/28:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625264

4/30:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500570

Okay. Maybe I should take back what I said about not being really that enticed by Breakaway. I don't think they have announced the entertainment yet and that might make a difference. The outdoor restaurants might be interesting-love to dine outdoors-just hope they are not all for fee. I do think the cabins may have done an extreme pendulum swing from being overly new concept on the Epic to extremely conservative -maybe even boring- on The Breakaway. Still, it would be nice to have some feature on the Breakaway that was just really different.

Okay. Maybe I should take back what I said about not being really that enticed by Breakaway. I don't think they have announced the entertainment yet and that might make a difference. The outdoor restaurants might be interesting-love to dine outdoors-just hope they are not all for fee. I do think the cabins may have done an extreme pendulum swing from being overly new concept on the Epic to extremely conservative -maybe even boring- on The Breakaway. Still, it would be nice to have some feature on the Breakaway that was just really different.

You must have missed the huge entertainment announcement. They are having 2 broadway shows - Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor. Also, Slam Allen will be there, Second City, Howl at the Moon and Cirque Dreams.

http://breakaway.ncl.com/experience/entertainment/

You must have missed the huge entertainment announcement. They are having 2 broadway shows - Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor. Also, Slam Allen will be there, Second City, Howl at the Moon and Cirque Dreams.

http://breakaway.ncl.com/experience/entertainment/

Yes I thought the entertainment announcement was phenomenal. Blue Man on Epic was great but this is a new ship so it needs to get its own entertainment identity. I also believe that most booked and about to book passengers have already sailed Epic and thus have seen the Blue Man Show.

Oh! Theres an idea for a new Poll!:D

I do think the cabins may have done an extreme pendulum swing from being overly new concept on the Epic to extremely conservative -maybe even boring- on The Breakaway. Still, it would be nice to have some feature on the Breakaway that was just really different.

At the future cruise presentation and the Breakaway presentation on the Pearl back in May, the cruise consultant mentioned several times that the Breakaway-class ships would incorporate all the best features of the EPIC, but in a design that was "just like the Jewel-class ships." As the Jewel-class ships are NCL's most popular, this is an obvious aesthetic choice, and it is a point that NCL is really going to emphasize. And, I think the Breakaway Sisters will prove to be exceptionally popular.:)

I think the Waterfront is going to be hugely popular, and it is a feature that will be unique to this class of ships. (Along with the five water slides, and the unique Broadway-show entertainment.)

Archived