For those of you who have choesn Select Dining.....

Muushka

We were always asked if we wanted to share - and we did. Because we tended to eat at the same time each evening and we were sometimes seated at the same table - we dined with some of the same people more than once.

• 1 month later...

quick question.... are you still able to make reservations for dinner when doing "Select Dinning"? I cannot find the link on the website that allows me to do that. About a month ago I was able to make reservations for my Jan 2013 cruise, and now I cannot see them nor can I make any further reservations.

quick question.... are you still able to make reservations for dinner when doing "Select Dinning"? I cannot find the link on the website that allows me to do that. About a month ago I was able to make reservations for my Jan 2013 cruise, and now I cannot see them nor can I make any further reservations.

Apparently, when Celebrity made their last update to the web site, they broke the section allowing one to make reservations for select dining. Just hang in there and they will figure out it's broken and get it working again.

We have just returned from the Eclipse and had select dining, the tables for two are very close to tables for four or six,so they are not isolated, there were four of us and we always got the table size we requested each night, usually the same table, so we only ever ate in the same part if the restaurant with the same waiters each night. It seemed to defeat the object of select dining.

My experience on the Millie was totally different. Sometimes my DH and I chose a 2 top, sometimes joined another table, and sometimes i went alone and asked to join others. Never ate in the same place twice and met lots of great people. Usually got there when they opened, but never had to wait very long to fill a larger table.

Archived