Jigsaw Puzzle Table

Grandants

When I saw these, I wondered if they are community puzzles. Can anyone work on a given puzzle? Or if I finished someone's puzzle while they were, say at lunch, would that be frowned upon? I just wasn't sure what the etiquette was there :confused:

I love a good puzzle!

By all means.....

Anytime you walk by and see a puzzle, feel free to play with it as much as you wish. :)

It is there for everyone to enjoy.

Oh how fun!

Now next time when I'm passing through I can take a couple of minutes to play!

When my kids were growing up we always had one in progress on the dining room table. Then puppies and a grandchild put an end to that practice. Too many pieces went missing or got eaten! Now that grandson and dogs are older it's time to break out the puzzles again.

I think it would be a great to spend some time, especially on a cruise with a lot of sea days.

Beware of the puzzles on the ships. My friend and I were diligently working on one on the Noordam. We were having great difficulty in finding pieces that we knew had to fit in a certain spot. Eventually the Explorations Librarian came over to check on our progress and mentioned that there were 26 pieces missing from the puzzle. He showed us the jigsaw puzzle boxes and each were marked with the number of missing pieces. You may want to hit the dollar store to buy some new puzzles to work on the ship.

Beware of the puzzles on the ships. My friend and I were diligently working on one on the Noordam. We were having great difficulty in finding pieces that we knew had to fit in a certain spot. Eventually the Explorations Librarian came over to check on our progress and mentioned that there were 26 pieces missing from the puzzle. He showed us the jigsaw puzzle boxes and each were marked with the number of missing pieces. You may want to hit the dollar store to buy some new puzzles to work on the ship.

Good idea.

Our next cruise, I shall bring a few new puzzles to donate to the ship. Guests will enjoy having all the pieces to finish the puzzle. :)

I thought I was the only one who still enjoyed jigsaw puzzles! As a child, it was a favorite "snow day" activity. Hopefully will find time on a cruise to "find a few pieces". :cool:

Oh no, I'm addicted to jigsaw puzzles. Some years ago I started one on the table in the Great Room at our Hospice, and since then there is always a puzzle on the go, it's so therapeutic for family members.

But I didn't know anyone could do the puzzles onboard.... I always thought it belonged to a pax who had just wandered away for awhile. Now I know I will get my fix while cruising:D

Glad to hear the news about the puzzles. There was a table on our deck on the Radiance of the Seas on our last cruise. I grew up doing puzzles with my grandmother when I would stay overnight at her house when I was a kid - great memories. I also have a puzzle program on my computer - nice thing about that is the pieces are always right side up - and you can't lose them.

I hate to be a party pooper -- I love jigsaw puzzles, too, but onboard I kept away from them in case they were germ-laden. In retrospect, I used the keyboards in the Explorations Cafe without a qualm, so I guess I missed out on some fun for no good reason. Next time I'll indulge and wash my hands right after.

Mrs M

There are numerous containers of hand wipes all over Explorations Cafe. While I agree handwashing is much better than those wipes, they are better than nothing and are available. I would use them and plan to wash my hands first chance.

Archived