Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

I'm not doubting you or your sources. The only issue I have is that this was true at a certain point in time. Since that time,...who knows?

I was on a cruise recently and I saw an official list of ships and sailings where the December Celebration will be taking place. Most notably, MN and MJ were not on the list. This was prior to the announcement.:eek:

The next day, MJ and MN had been added to the list. Also prior to announcing.

I hope your report is correct!!:cool:

Quite frankly, this project was a little more extensive than simply adding 2 ships to a flyer which were most likely overlooked in the first place by RCCL's nototiously poor proof readers. :rolleyes:

Thanks Loyal2RCCL for sharing with us.

Life in general always has its scoffers, naysayers, a those who always see the cup as half empty. I learned to ignore them and their negative vibe. If they don't want to take my word as truth, then that is their problem - Life goes on.

I am on the August 5 sailing of the Freedom and I am looking forward to the new menu. Thanks again.

Hey this is my 100th post. Yeah me!

Just my luck that I will be disembarking the Allure as those Maine Lobsters are making their way into the MDR! :mad: Crossing my fingers that just maybe they implement it a week early....

I had a vision of you going down the gangway only to be met with a swarm of Maine Lobsters, crawling up and heading to the MDR. :eek:

Quite frankly, this project was a little more extensive than simply adding 2 ships to a flyer which were most likely overlooked in the first place by RCCL's nototiously poor proof readers. :rolleyes:

Of course it was more extensive. And the proof readers may or may not have had something to do with the omission.

Even so, we both captured the printed word at a specific moment in time. I'm sure both lists were works in progress at one time. Quite simply, things change.

As stated by others Royal has been looking at menu changes for a long time. How good it will be remains to be seen. As long as their bookings remain strong the financial end will take care of itself. Food is and has been one of the prime reasons people cruise and if you are constantly being criticized for mediocre food than you have to up your game. Carnival went through that phase in the 90's.

I just hope if the menu changes are implemented on schedule that I am not eating at one of the specialty restaurants on a night of an upgrade. We did our bookings based on the current menu.

Well is is sure over due.

After cruing other lines who food is above par, R.C. food has always been compared to cafeteria food.

If you don't eat at fine dining restauants, you might like R.C. food.

I have sailed R.C. for the family,now we might get a good meal besides eating at Chops.

I don't have the time to read all the pages like some of you have, but I read the first two. So if this is true (and according to the OP we should know with this weeks Freedom cruise), all I can say is Hallelujah! When my husband and I sail Royal Caribbean alone now we exclusively do the specialty restaurants. When we go with the kids and the extended family we do the MDR mainly. We have sailed over 20 cruises on Royal Caribbean and not the cheapie shorty ones. The week or longer in Europe, Alaska and the Caribbean. The food has gone so downhill in taste and imagination that this is indeed good news as next up is the Allure with the whole family. The last time we did Allure we did only specialty restaurants, this time we will probably eat in the MDR 4-5 nights. So this is indeed good news!

First of all, I didn't post this to start any debate over whether or not the info is true or false. It IS true, as I mentioned, I saw the info in print from my source, who is DIRECTLY involved in this project.

Just want to say THANKS Loyal2RCCL for the news! Really appreciate it. I will let you know if it is rolled out on our cruise in 10 days!

Any TA's that viewed RCCL's presentation yesterday?

Just my luck that I will be disembarking the Allure as those Maine Lobsters are making their way into the MDR! :mad: Crossing my fingers that just maybe they implement it a week early....

I'd wanna turn around and march up the gangplank with the Lobsters!!!:D

And I was told that when Enchantment does her itineraries in the summer that include the stop in Boston, lobsters are always ordered and delivered to the ship while they are in port.:confused:

Patti, that was true on our May 31st Enchantment cruise. The day after we were in Boston they had lobsters on the menu in CHOPS. We ate there that night :)

Beef Stroganoff replaced Rack of Lamb -- one of the dishes I hope his being added back into the menu.

I can only hope that the Rack of Lamb is back... we have stopped going to Chops because they removed the Rack of Lamb from the menu. We are going on the Brilliance of the Seas in October and do not see that ship as one being upgraded. I cannot eat lean beef or chicken breast because of difficulty in swallowing for medical reasons but lamb and pork are easier. Escargo really sound good sometimes I have two of these and forget the entree.

Thank you for letting me know of the menu changes that might take place. We had given up on the MD room on the Allure and Oasis and gone to the Windjammer so we could have a selection of food that I can swallow without choking. The radiation and chemo treatments for tongue 1982 and breast cancer 2010, finished off my ability to eat like normal people.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Loyal to Royal

Quote:

Join us for a can't-miss webinar featuring two special guests from our Onboard Activities and Food & Beverage departments, who will provide their expert insights about our exciting fleetwide upgrades. Learn how to effectively make these enhancements part of your talk track every time you sell a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Did anyone ever hear from a TA if this webinar yesterday had anything to do with the MDR food? Just wondering. :)

ANYONE JUST OFF THE NAVAGATOR or who may have heard when the NOS will join her sisters and brothers with the new menus in MDR...thanks in advance...this is just absoultely wonderful news...thanks to LOYAL2RCCL....I WOULD ALSO KEEP MY SOURCES A DEEP DARK SECRET...

I had a vision of you going down the gangway only to be met with a swarm of Maine Lobsters, crawling up and heading to the MDR. :eek:

Funny:D just yesterday I bought 3 chicken lobsters at my local fish market for $10...only problem is DH and I were on our bikes, so I had to pack 3 live lobsters( in a bag;)) into a small " trunk" on the back of his bike. I was teasing him the whole way home that they were crawling out of the trunk about to claw his butt!:eek::p

I do hope this is true, not doubting Loyals sources, but like a reporter, the story is only as good as the sources...but this one sounds lie a trial balloon...so that bodes well for some for of the changes as long as we receive it positively ( s far so good!)

Well is is sure over due.

After cruing other lines who food is above par, R.C. food has always been compared to cafeteria food.

If you don't eat at fine dining restauants, you might like R.C. food.

I have sailed R.C. for the family,now we might get a good meal besides eating at Chops.

That's a pretty pathetic statement, if I might say.

I've eaten at some of the world's best restaurants, personally know some of the best chefs in our area, like to think we are foodies who adore wine, and still love MDR food.

If you want to be a snob, and pretend that you are above the MDR, fine. You obviously wont be alone. But I certainly won't.

We are looking forward to the changes, as long as they keep the menu items that we like reasonably close.

Hi Steve,,,Tobyhilda here,,we are doing Sept 8,Oasis, Dec 8, Indy,,,will I see you.???

Hello Tobyhilda. I was thinking about you the other day. Nice to hear from you.

No, our only RCCL booking is on the Freedom right now. Perhaps our paths will cross on on some other sailing.

Give my best to Mel.

Quote:

Join us for a can't-miss webinar featuring two special guests from our Onboard Activities and Food & Beverage departments, who will provide their expert insights about our exciting fleetwide upgrades. Learn how to effectively make these enhancements part of your talk track every time you sell a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Did anyone ever hear from a TA if this webinar yesterday had anything to do with the MDR food? Just wondering. :)

It didn't discuss any prospective menu changes in the main dining room. Food topics were primarily a description of the various new dining venues (Izumi, Park Cafe, Rita's Cantina,Samba Grill, Starbucks coffee stations, etc.) being added during the revitalization process. Someone asked about possible changes in the MDR menus but the only response was to stay tuned - nothing specific. Before we go all gaga about the proposed changes, however, it is important to remember that the food is only as good as the talents of those preparing it, and we are still talking about feeding thousands of guests at each meal, with all the limitations that such a process involves.

Archived