Johnny Rockets and Vinegar

Do they have vinegar at Johnny Rockets? I remember that most US folks don't do french fries and vinegar and I can't remember if they had some at Johnny Rockets.....anyone know?

Just out of curiosity, what part of the country are you from?

Do they have vinegar at Johnny Rockets? I remember that most US folks don't do french fries and vinegar and I can't remember if they had some at Johnny Rockets.....anyone know?

If they don't it should be a crime! Fries without vinegar......is criminal! :)

If I recall they do serve salads at Johnny Rockets, so I am thinking they would have vinegar to put on your fries if you asked for it.

I was first introduced to having vinegar on fries in upstate New York at a county fair. Incredibly good fries! Also, lots of people like malt vinegar on fish and chips, so it's not so surprising.

Enjoy!

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love vinegar on my fries also. It seems to be easy to find if a eatery sells fish & chips or salads. I am also a big fan salt and vinegar potato chips.

Hmmm! Fish & Chips! Vinegar on fries seems like a north east/mid Atlantic thing. The majority of restaurants in my area always have malt vinegar on the table with the ketchup. Can't beat it.

What type of vinegar do you put on fries? Is it malt, white, wine, or other? Sorry to be uninformed - I use either ranch dressing or nothing on my fries.

I don't remember seeing any vinegar in JR's, but I haven't looked for it either. I remember seeing a tray of condiments in WJ that included malt vinegar. I don't remember seeing any of the other types of vinegar, although they do have wine vinegar on the salad bar. If the JR folks can't provide some, you can pour some in a bowl from WJ and take it with you to JR.

Have to say we were surprised that whereever we went and ordered fries we got those little ranch dipping plastic tubs and sachets of tomato sauce - never ever had fries with ranch - we loved it by the end of our month in the US, and now buy ranch sauce back home (we like the Paul Newman ranch sauce that is sold over here).

As to vinegar, cant respond to that one - other to say son and hubby used to drown their chippies (fries) in either white or malt vinegar also.

I'd say it's a Northeast thing because the Northeast is more closely connected with our British roots than any other part of the US.

If they have it, they will give it to you. From my experience, JR has some of the best service on the ship...they aim to please, and will do so if they can.

Have to say we were surprised that whereever we went and ordered fries we got those little ranch dipping plastic tubs and sachets of tomato sauce - never ever had fries with ranch - we loved it by the end of our month in the US, and now buy ranch sauce back home (we like the Paul Newman ranch sauce that is sold over here).

As to vinegar, cant respond to that one - other to say son and hubby used to drown their chippies (fries) in either white or malt vinegar also.

Americans have a healthy obsession with ranch (which I must say I've never fully understood). It's amazing how many Americans will put ranch on just about everything possible.

Vinegar on fries is a UK and Canadian thing. I remember many years ago asking the waitress in Florida for vinegar, she laughed at us and said we clean windows with vinegar.

There is nothing better than malt vinegar on fries.:D On the other hand I can not perceive putting ranch dressing on fries.:confused: Yes we have seen vinegar in the North East

I was first introduced to vinegar on fries while visiting in Canada as a kid. With my family, we saw the vinegar on the table and very curiously inquired of the waitress about it. It was an interesting novelty at the time (you know, the whole "when in Canada..." thing) but I don't do it now.

Interestingly, just in case you didn't know, ketchup is basically vinegar with tomato paste and sugar, so it really isn't that much of a stretch. From the Heinz website nutrition information:

INGREDIENTS: TOMATO CONCENTRATE FROM RED RIPE TOMATOES, DISTILLED VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SALT, SPICE, ONION POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORING.

Theron

What type of vinegar do you put on fries? Is it malt, white, wine, or other? Sorry to be uninformed - I use either ranch dressing or nothing on my fries.

I don't remember seeing any vinegar in JR's, but I haven't looked for it either. I remember seeing a tray of condiments in WJ that included malt vinegar. I don't remember seeing any of the other types of vinegar, although they do have wine vinegar on the salad bar. If the JR folks can't provide some, you can pour some in a bowl from WJ and take it with you to JR.

Malt vinegar. SOOOOO GOOOOD! Country fair food LOL. Large, hand cut steak fries with Malt. Also found in most Irish pubs.... But, then again, I am in the Northeast and according to posters that may be why.

They DO have it in the WJ and I don't expect it would be difficult to take some 'to go' for JR's just in case.

Now I've got a craving....:o

I would love Malt vinigar.

I would love Malt vinigar.

I am originally from the midwest, however my father was from Wales. We always had malt vinigar for out fries. I love it. My husband puts catsup. That is not for me.

Malt vinegar and old bay the only way to go!!

I had never heard of it until I moved to Maryland. Ocean City is famous for Thrasher's Fries,yum. Anyway they are the first place I saw vinegar for fries.

Not my thing, I like ketchup, but my kids liked it.

I had never heard of it until I moved to Maryland. Ocean City is famous for Thrasher's Fries,yum. Anyway they are the first place I saw vinegar for fries.

Not my thing, I like ketchup, but my kids liked it.

Thrasher's has to put vinegar on their fries - it cuts the overload of the grease on their soggy version of fries.

For me, I like to dip my fries in honey mustard (yeah, I know - weird).

I love salt and vinegar potato chips so vinegar on fries must be good.

How much do you put on? (sprinkle a little bit or soak em down?)

Hmmm! Fish & Chips! Vinegar on fries seems like a north east/mid Atlantic thing. The majority of restaurants in my area always have malt vinegar on the table with the ketchup. Can't beat it.

I agree it seems to be a northeast thing. When I travel to the south I have received strange looks from waitresses when I ask for vinegar.

Let me add to the Rhode Island crowd...yep...common in these parts. :D

Being from Woonsocket, I prefer gravy a la poutine on my fries. LOL

I bet JR's does have vinegar, maybe not malt though. They do have it around here, not sure of the ships.

Archived