First Timers

cpbtjb

These questions have probably been asked and answered, but I only have a couple of days and need answers quick. We are sailing on Carnival Sensation July 29. My daughter wants to swim with the dolphins, but we want her to swim not just pet. When I compare the excursions it doesn't really say how the swimming is done. :confused: Can anybody point me in the right direction, please?

The formal dinner--does hubby have to wear a sportscoat or can he just wear a shirt and tie? :eek:

Snorkeling in Freeport or Nassua, which is better? Hubby is not a very good swimmer, but wants to do this.

These questions have probably been asked and answered, but I only have a couple of days and need answers quick. We are sailing on Carnival Sensation July 29. My daughter wants to swim with the dolphins, but we want her to swim not just pet. When I compare the excursions it doesn't really say how the swimming is done. :confused: Can anybody point me in the right direction, please?

The formal dinner--does hubby have to wear a sportscoat or can he just wear a shirt and tie? :eek:

Snorkeling in Freeport or Nassua, which is better? Hubby is not a very good swimmer, but wants to do this.

If swimming with the dolphins is all you want from the excursion, I'd suggest looking into doing your own thing. Search for tour companies that offer this activity; they'll have thorough descriptions on their web sites. You could also do a search here on CC and see if anyone has done the excursion you are interested in and see if they mention it. Maybe they'll mention the company that ran the excursion for Carnival, and then you can cross reference with their web site directly.

Formal dinner on Carnival can be as simple as a shirt and tie or as formal as a tux. When I was on carnival, I saw it all. I personally wore a tux coat and shirt but no cumberbund. As long as you stay away from tee shirts and shorts. Just remember, the MDR is a formal setting. You can always dine in your room, other restaurants or the buffet if you don't like dressing for dinner.

I've snorkeled in the Bahamas and LOVED it. I would say do both! I think either would be fine. Be sure to wear fins; for those who aren't good swimmers, it makes a huge difference!

I hardly ever take ship excursions and mostly do my own touring and things in port. Just search out what you want to do. In Bermuda, I took a public bus to a wonderful beach I had heard about on line and snorkeled for a few hours. In the Azores, I joined a group from CC and we booked our own island tour.

The world is your oyster! Enjoy!

Yes...shopping is right off the ship...just walk! Beaches are fairly easy to do on your own....google your ports, since you haven't had time to get a guidebook. You need info on where you're going if you are going to do things on your own!

We swam with the dolphins on Grand Cayman on a Holland America excursion. We spent about 30 min in the water, as a group of about 6 couples. In addition to touching the dolphin each person had a turn at being pushed and pulled by the dolphin.

The dolphin pushed each of us about 30 feet while we clung to a boogie board. Then we were towed by holding onto one of its flippers. The excursion company filmed everyone and we purchased a package of stills and the video. The excursion and package weren't cheap, but it was tremendously fun and memorable.

I just snorkeled for the first time in February. I am not a good swimmer at all (I can doggy paddle, float, and if necessary do a few strokes but it can be very tiring). Apparently I picked one of the most challenging ones I could have for my first time, lol. We were in the middle of the ocean (just off the shore of Labadee Haiti) and jumped off of a boat to do it. I had never swam in the ocean before and the current exhausted me... after a little over an hour in the water I was lagging behind and the leader/instructor was helping to pull me along so I could keep up to get back to where the boat was. I suspect that had we done one that wasn't that far out from the land it would have been easier on me. So I think the key to this is has he swam in the ocean before and where is the actual snorkeling done from?

These questions have probably been asked and answered, but I only have a couple of days and need answers quick. We are sailing on Carnival Sensation July 29. My daughter wants to swim with the dolphins, but we want her to swim not just pet. When I compare the excursions it doesn't really say how the swimming is done. :confused: Can anybody point me in the right direction, please? What you are looking for is called Royal Dolphin Excursion on Royal Caribbean's website but I am sure that Carnival has the same thing. While I don't swim nor like the beaches I remember seeing photos of it and it looks awesome. You hole onto the dolphins and they drag (for lack of a better word) you through the waters.

The formal dinner--does hubby have to wear a sportscoat or can he just wear a shirt and tie? :eek: Nice shirt and tie will be fine.

Snorkeling in Freeport or Nassua, which is better? Hubby is not a very good swimmer, but wants to do this Sorry can't answer this. If you have time look at the excursions' description, on your booking, to see which one appeals to your husband. Then to save money try and book it yourself from reccommends from people here at CC.

Does the ship dock at most ports or just offload with a smaller boat and is there a charge to get off the ship? RCC by the way.

Can you view the excursions of your cruise before booking it? RCC doesnt have much just a 1800 number.

Does the ship dock at most ports or just offload with a smaller boat and is there a charge to get off the ship? RCC by the way.

Can you view the excursions of your cruise before booking it? RCC doesnt have much just a 1800 number.

When the ship has to anchor away from the pier, you'll take a tender to the pier. You never have to pay to get off the ship in any port. (You don't have to even get off the ship until the last day of the cruise when you disembark.) Some ports you may have to go a distance to get to the town -- which often means getting a taxi.

I know that with Princess, you can find out which of your ports are docking ports and which are tender ports, and also beable to check out the excursions available for booking through the cruiseline on their website, usually within a couple of months of your cruise (and you often see a general list of excursions for those ports ahead of time to get an idea).

Have you tried looking at the Royal website and find this info? If you can't find it, try posting your questions on the RC board here.

Archived