what do you guys put in the shoe organizers?

Divamama0609

I never, since the first time I used one (got the tip here on the CC boards), have cruised without one. I love the way it helps give you more space on your bathroom counter so it doesn't feel so cluttered! I also use the one that one of the poster's shared a picture of that is for purses and shoes. I hang it in the closet and I roll up my bras, swimsuits, scarves, beach cover ups, socks, etc. and let the DH have the drawers...that way I get the closet all to myself!:D They do not take up much room at all...as a matter of fact our luggage has two big zippered pockets on the outside lid of it, which is were I pack these indispensable babies!!:D Love them!:D

I use one similar to the one in the Amazon link. I always leave mine fully loaded and use it for all travels that do not include flying. It folds up fully loaded and fits perfectly in a rolling back pack. When at home we hang it on the back of our bedroom door and replenish as necessary. When we arrive at the hotel/cruise ship we unfold it out of the backpack and hang on the bathroom door or on the closet rod, which ever works best, all ready loaded and set for instant use. FYI there are four of us, DH and myself, DS(18) and DD(15).

The top row of mine contains OTC meds, first aid stuff, and sun screen.

The second row contains misc items such as hole punch, small stapler, lanyards, nightlight, sewing kit, safety pins, dress tape, wrinkle releaser, room air freshner, stain stick, etc.

The third row contains playing cards, glasses, contact solutions, jewelry, cameras, etc.

The fourth row contains the guys personal hygene items.

The fifth row contains the ladies personal hygene items.

The sixth row contains dental cleaning supplies and hair grooming supplies.

If we have seperate rooms from the kids, they come and grab what they need and just put them in their bathroom. If not we are set. If we are flying I try to avoid extra baggage fees by putting absolute necessities that are liquids into a larger ziplock that goes into our checked luggage and take the absolute necessities that are not liquids and put them in a ziplock in our carry ons. If not flying the rolling back pack in perfect. Easy to transport and no loading/unloading of anything in it. We just pull it out, hang it up and we are all set to go.

I think I need to get one of these for my next cruise. I have lots of little padded different size bags for stuff that needs protection when I fly, but once on the ship I'm opening more than one bag everytime I need something, or else dumping everything in drawers. I already have something waterproof like this for the bathroom which works well, so a clear pocketed thing to hang in the closet for my electronics would be great. It took me forever one night to find the cord I needed so I could plug in my speaker to my netbook to watch a movie.

I keep hearing about them, but I want to know what you guys put in them?

TIA!

On our Alaska trip...umbrella; gloves; scarf; hat; hand lotion & other toiletries that do not need to be in the bathroom; camera (easy to find); other small stuff.

Other trips...sunscreen; hand lotion & other toiletries that do not need to be in the bathroom; camera (easy to find); dry bathing suits; other small stuff.

We love having it. Makes our room tidier.

I bring two. One has velcro and I wrap it over a closet bar and put shoes in it. (imagine that!)

The other one has hooks and 24 pockets and I hang it on the inside door of one of the closets. Basically anything that fits and needs a fast home goes in there. Lint roller, brushes, some meds, sunglasses, reading classes, camera, pens and scissors, and basically any of the little things that end up making clutter all over the limited counter space. Hubby thought it was a waste of suitcase space until I hung it up and it got filled up with stuff in about two minutes of unpacking our suitcases.

It was like a race to see who could get their stuff in there first!

We only use them if there are more than two in the cabin.

We use two vinyl 6-pocket holders that we get at the Dollar Tree.

One goes on the hook by the upper bunk. It is used as my nightstand for the cruise--glasses, kleenex, book etc.

If we have DD with us one goes into the bathroom for her stuff. If the robe hooks aren't in the right place we make a rope of Dental Floss to help it out.

We use a vinyl garden tote from the 99c store to corral the little things on the vanity.

Like everyone else, we just put anything and everything in them! I have the one shown on Amazon. I hate the plastic feel of it but it's worth it to be able to see everything through the pockets. We hang it on the inside of the closet door where the life vests are....just to cut down on visual clutter (soooo important with 5 in a cabin...EEK!:eek:)

Archived