Strange Email from Carnival

airwick

Does anyone know what's going on with the freedom? The engine issues again? Can't believe we can't embark early..

We are on the Freedom this saturday and just got this email:

July 26, 2012

Hi there!

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Freedom. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM.

For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 1:30 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

vicky_rey_signature.jpg

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

We got that same email before there were any engine issues. We had planned on arriving at 10:30 and didn't get the email until that morning so we continued with our plans. We were on the ship by 11:30 I believe. I think they are just trying to space out the busy times.

Does anyone know what's going on with the freedom? The engine issues again? Can't believe we can't embark early..

We are on the Freedom this saturday and just got this email:

July 26, 2012

Hi there!

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Freedom. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM.

For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited in the cruise terminal, we ask that you please not arrive before 1:30 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

vicky_rey_signature.jpg

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Don't know. It could also be something like their 90 day coast Guard inspection which delays embarkation. We had that in April on the Pride.

I have rec'd phone calls before and have been told that it is Carnivals attempt at crowd control... not enough space in the check in area for 3,000 passengers if they all show up at 10:30.

These letters have been sent to many customers and not just on Freedom. We got one for Dream telling us to be there at 10:30 and others got them saying 1:30-3:00. My sister got the 1:30-3:00 letter for Liberty.

So far, it hasn't had anything to do with immigration inspections or anything. Carnival is just trying to stagger the boarding times so there aren't long lines and short tempers.

I agree, it's all about crowd control and I really don't blame them.:)

We plan on leaving our hotel at around 11a because we will be getting in late the night before and want to sleep in late. As long as we get on the ship by around 1-2p we'll be happy. I'm not going to stress the two teens I'm traveling with by making them get up early just to get onboard early when I know the cabins won't be ready and the boys can't take a nap. They've been playing golf in a tournament in the hot NC sun so have had really early tee times...so sleeping in will be a treat for them!.;)

I've gotten that letter before, and still showed up at 10:30, usually the ship came in late, has an inspection, or just needs to do crowd control. 3,000 people all at once is somewhat overwhelming:p. We sail on the Freedom in 14 days! Enjoy your cruise

Archived