So glad Royal still sends luggage tags!

I just have to post this. It's a small detail but it makes such an impact on us,.

Our last few cruises were on carnival where we printed out paper luggage tags with our cruise documents, fold them in 3 and then attach them by tape or staple to our luggage.

I had forgotten that Royal still mails them so I was pleasantly surprised to open our mail box and find an envelope filled with luggage tags for our upcoming Oasis cruise! :D They were so cute and colorful. We took them out and examined them, smiled at them and put them in our "cruise vacation folder". One more concrete sign that our cruise is near!!!!

Thanks Royal for making ou day in such a simple (logical) way:cool::cool:

I just have to post this. It's a small detail but it makes such an impact on us,.

Our last few cruises were on carnival where we printed out paper luggage tags with our cruise documents, fold them in 3 and then attach them by tape or staple to our luggage.

I had forgotten that Royal still mails them so I was pleasantly surprised to open our mail box and find an envelope filled with luggage tags for our upcoming Oasis cruise! :D They were so cute and colorful. We took them out and examined them, smiled at them and put them in our "cruise vacation folder". One more concrete sign that our cruise is near!!!!

Thanks Royal for making ou day in such a simple (logical) way:cool::cool:

Yea!!! I can't wait to get mine!! :D

And I for one hope they will continue to offer these...I sailed once recently (never again) with PCL and thought it was cheap of them to have you print out your own (I have always sailed with RCI so I guess I just assumed) on printer paper and rig up something to attach them...No big deal and no surprise to some on these boards that sail other cruiselines ..but it was to me.

It's been a while since I received anything in the mail relating to via cruise! We've been cruising on Princess for awhile and I printed EVERYTHING out on my printer. I like being able to do that and the theory is that it is not very green to send all these things that could easily be printed at home.

I could print our boarding passes too. Which leads me to question if RCI still sends out those packets. Maybe there is stîll a doc dance and I don't print out anything from home.

I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

:-)

It's been a while since I received anything in the mail relating to via cruise! We've been cruising on Princess for awhile and I printed EVERYTHING out on my printer. I like being able to do that and the theory is that it is not very green to send all these things that could easily be printed at home.

I could print our boarding passes too. Which leads me to question if RCI still sends out those packets. Maybe there is stîll a doc dance and I don't print out anything from home.

I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

:-)

You still have the option of printing everything yourself with RCI. In fact, it costs money if you want them to mail you a colorful Guest Ticket Booklet.

I still LOVE getting cruise docs in the mail....it's kind of like Christmas but for vacation ;) Disney is the only other cruise line that I know of that still mails luggage tags along with other cruise info.

Luggage tags were a huge thing for us when we went in June. After planning for over a year, it was a nice sign that the cruise was right around the corner. So glad that Royal still does this!:rolleyes:

I wish we still got luggage tags, sadly here in the UK they're no longer sending them, we have to print them ourselves. I've printed ours but frankly they look horrible :(

Mine came in the post yesterday.........I think Merseysides independence referendum failed........

Rogueangel

There is somewhere on the my cruises section in RC where you can request luggage tags and they send them out to you

wendy

x

Where? I've just done my online check-in and there is no mention of luggage tags and I've gone through every bit of the "my cruises" section and can't find anywhere to request them. I remember doing them last year.

Just read on my cruise booklet that they dont send out luggage tags for Gty stateroom bookings. Maybe that's why? I do remember a pinned thread on here about them being withdrawn from UK sailings though.

ETA: just read this on my cruise ticket booklet:

Please find your Bag Tag included within this document. Please note for this sailing you are unable to request Bag Tags via our website and should use the tag included in this document.

I wish we still got luggage tags, sadly here in the UK they're no longer sending them, we have to print them ourselves. I've printed ours but frankly they look horrible :(

Oh no, I hope that doesn't mean it's heading that way across the board.:(

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

I really dont mind printing the boarding documents though. That was A LOT of wasted paper. The packets would be so thick with all of the cruise contract and whatnot. They used to send an excursion catalog too. :eek:

BTW, we really used to love the carnival luggage tags that came in the mail, too. They had elastic strings.. So cute and convenient :) Oh well...

I guess actually receiving them is a fun sign that the vacation is near. But as for not getting them, I've never EVER bothered to print anything up. Really a waste of time and effort. In all the cruises I've taken, I've only received luggage tags a handful of times. The rest of the time, I just give the bags to the porter and show him my boarding info. He or she slaps tags on in about two seconds. Really, it's just like flying. The airline puts the label on my bag. I would never think to print one out at home and tape it on if that were an option. Always seemed like an archaic double standard for cruising....

I had forgotten that Royal still mails them so I was pleasantly surprised to open our mail box and find an envelope filled with luggage tags for our upcoming Oasis cruise!

I totally agree. Our CCL luggage tag experience turned into a pre-cruise arts and crafts session. :rolleyes:

I totally agree. Our CCL luggage tag experience turned into a pre-cruise arts and crafts session. :rolleyes:

LOL, right! We brought packing tape and "lamanated" them onto the suitcase handles. :rolleyes: Some on our roll call actually ordered clear luggage tags and cut the printed paper ones and put them in there. That's where I draw the line!!

Re having the porter do it: We too have had to have the luggage handlers put one on my luggage before but it was a bit of a hassle since so many people were around trying to throw their luggage up and "get on the boat".

I love having my envelope on my dresser with the cool "official" Oasis luggage tags!:) My trip is sooooo close!

-----now, to get packed:eek:

On my last cruise I printed my own luggage tags and doc, I used photo paper to print the luggage tags and it worked great, but I did miss the doc dance.

While most people get their luggage just fine making their own luggage tags, I actually prefer the ones they send you for the quality of them, they don't smear or tear and they are pre-glued with strong glue.

While most people get their luggage just fine making their own luggage tags, I actually prefer the ones they send you for the quality of them, they don't smear or tear and they are pre-glued with strong glue.

Correct! And the last time we stapled the paper one on, it tore off in the process. Eventually we got it since we had our regular luggage id with our name in the little pocket. The packing tape holds on well though.

Just have to say, yes I love them also. Ours arrived today for September and when I saw that envelope in the mailbox, gosh just hard to explain the feeling. And when you open the envelope and pull them out you know you are ready to sail!!!

I also prefer this type of tag for its durability. If I had to print them myself, I would have to come up with some way to protect them or print them on high quality paper. Although, I think the one's used by Princess go in a little pouch that might work.

I wonder, if RCCL stopped issuing them, could you just wait until you get to the pier and have them print it? Would they print the traditional or the new kind? Curious...

Archived