Elite laundry perk - pack light?

aoverby

I have had my quantities/counts corrected by someone else (stewart? Laundry?). Usually it happens when DH slips something in that I don't realize is in the bag.

I, too, was very confused when we first became Elite that we don't keep a copy of the slip. The auditor in me wanted to have some kind of receipt.

If you have a camera or smart phone, just take a picture of the slip before sending it out. Two seconds and you're done. :)

That's a good idea. You get a copy when it comes back but I'd still like a copy when I send it out. I've only had my smart phone four months and that camera really comes in handy. I've been using it to get a copy of a business card when they don't have extra ones. How did I every live without it for so long. And I probably use the "notes" even more often - never could remember where I left my grocery lists - now it is always with me.

Just be sure not to save anything for the last couple of days. They won't be back in time for you to pack up. ~Doris~

Incorrect information. If you disembark on Saturday, you can still send laundry out on Friday morning. You will get it back Friday evening and no surcharge.

Incorrect information. If you disembark on Saturday, you can still send laundry out on Friday morning. You will get it back Friday evening and no surcharge.

I agree,did it on last cruise.

Horst

That's a good idea. You get a copy when it comes back but I'd still like a copy when I send it out. I've only had my smart phone four months and that camera really comes in handy. I've been using it to get a copy of a business card when they don't have extra ones. How did I every live without it for so long. And I probably use the "notes" even more often - never could remember where I left my grocery lists - now it is always with me.
Also, take a picture of your passport, suitcase, or anything else that you might need to refer to at some point. You never know. I take pictures of all kinds of strange things. If I go shopping for a particular product, I have a photo for reference to make sure I get the right thing. Lots of uses.

NOt on our last cruise. We were on the Crown for Christmas last year and I tried to give our steward a couple things Friday morning and he said it was too late. He was the worst steward ever- many things happened or didn't happen that cruise. For being in a suite, service sucked! Almost said goodbye to Princess after that cruise.

NOt on our last cruise. We were on the Crown for Christmas last year and I tried to give our steward a couple things Friday morning and he said it was too late. He was the worst steward ever- many things happened or didn't happen that cruise. For being in a suite, service sucked! Almost said goodbye to Princess after that cruise.

Your problem wasn't Princess, it was your steward. You just said so. He was just lazy. I hope you made your discontent known.

I seem to remember that laundry was limited on Alaskan cruises, something about environmental concerns. Or was that only the laundry rooms on the various decks?

Of course, I buy most of my clothes from Wal-Mart (no, really !!!) and if they ruin something it wouldn't be a big loss. But I've never had anything ruined. They sent back my husband's silk Hawaiian shirt starched so stiffly that it stood up by itself ... not once but twice after I sent it back and wrote in big letters, "NO STARCH."

Also, take a picture of your passport, suitcase, or anything else that you might need to refer to at some point. You never know. I take pictures of all kinds of strange things. If I go shopping for a particular product, I have a photo for reference to make sure I get the right thing. Lots of uses.

Aren't you a little leery of posting a pix of your passport? Or anything else like that, credit cards, license...........What if you lose your phone, or it is stolen?

Archived