Itinerary Challenge 4 | 27 Jul 2012

Which is your favourite itinerary?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite itinerary?

• Adriatic Explorer 2012
    • Mediterranean Medley 2013
    • Red Sea Magic 2012/13

And here is Itinerary Challenge 4. A lot were requesting a certain itinerary, and here it is! I think I have a funny feeling that I know which will win this one, but let's see... :rolleyes:

Choose your favourite itinerary out of these three:

Adriatic Explorer 2012

Corfu Town - Ship at Sea - Koper - Venice - Split - Dubrovnik - Kotor - Corfu Town

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/adriatic-explorer-itinerary-11.html

Mediterranean Medley 2013

Palma - Ship at Sea - Villefranche - Livorno (for Florence & Pisa) - Rapallo - Toulon - Barcelona - Palma

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/mediterranean-medley-itinerary-29.html

Red Sea Magic 2012/13

Sharm el Sheikh - Aqaba - Aqaba - Ship at Sea - Port Sokhna (for Cairo) - Safaga (for Luxor & Hurghada) - Safaga (for Luxor & Hurghada) - Sharm el Shekih

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/red-sea-magic-itinerary.html

Get voting everyone! :) Voting will close on Thursday 02 Aug 2012.

Difficult - so many iconic places to visit on the Red Sea itinerary, the Med I'd happily visit all those again - have very fond memories of some fab excursions but all in all the Adriatic Explorer is just packed with stunning and very distinctive ports of call - so many with the 'Wow' factor so that's my vote.

(I think this one could be a run away winner even though the other two are really good - just goes to show in this respect, Thomson really do have a great product as the combination of ports on all the itineraries seem to beat many other competitors into a cocked hat in my book!)

Adriatic Explorer was immense. Absolutely loved the Med (twice) and would definitely do it again, but every port on Adriatic Explorer was superb. One cruise there has just scraped the surface of the old Yugoslavia and we will be back :)

Adriatic, it had to be not only a fantastic itinerary, but for other sentimental reasons too (25th wedding anniversary on the day we visited Venice and we had a blessing on the sail out, how romantic can you get :o) also our first cruise and the one that has now got me addicted.

Med Medley, just completed and loved it another well thought out itinerary, Red is is on the list.

What cruise this would make if they did it as one big repositioning cruise, Sharm to Palma, taking in all those fabulous venues in the way.

I agree with you Kruzseeka Thompson certainly now how to put a good itinary together.

Adriatic, it had to be not only a fantastic itinerary, but for other sentimental reasons too (25th wedding anniversary on the day we visited Venice and we had a blessing on the sail out, how romantic can you get :o) also our first cruise and the one that has now got me addicted.

Med Medley, just completed and loved it another well thought out itinerary, Red is is on the list.

What cruise this would make if they did it as one big repositioning cruise, Sharm to Palma, taking in all those fabulous venues in the way.

I agree with you Kruzseeka Thompson certainly now how to put a good itinary together.

Topsey, the first cruise we did with Thomsons was repo but the other way to the one you've sugested it included Rome, Naples, Sicily, Malta, Athens through the Suez canal, Cairo, Luxor and Sharm. By the time we got off we felt like we'd been on months we had visited so many places. Don't know why they don't do it any more, it was definitely a hit.

Topsey, the first cruise we did with Thomsons was repo but the other way to the one you've sugested it included Rome, Naples, Sicily, Malta, Athens through the Suez canal, Cairo, Luxor and Sharm. By the time we got off we felt like we'd been on months we had visited so many places. Don't know why they don't do it any more, it was definitely a hit.

Sounds amazing, if it were still available I would book it straightb away :)

Adriatic Explorer winning! Well I am in shock! :rolleyes: ;)

Fantastic itinerary that deserves all the good reviews it gets! Definitely the best itinerary that Thomson have. The problem with it is is that I'd love them to go back to Rovinj in northern Croatia and Trieste again in Italy, but if they did that then it would have to replace one of the other ports which I don't want replacing either! Perhaps a second itinerary, Adriatic Discovery, with all other ports would be a good idea! :D

Adriatic Explorer winning! Well I am in shock! :rolleyes: ;)

Fantastic itinerary that deserves all the good reviews it gets! Definitely the best itinerary that Thomson have. The problem with it is is that I'd love them to go back to Rovinj in northern Croatia and Trieste again in Italy, but if they did that then it would have to replace one of the other ports which I don't want replacing either! Perhaps a second itinerary, Adriatic Discovery, with all other ports would be a good idea! :D

Or 2 weeks in the Adriatic with some overnights. Now that would be something :cool:

On sailawy's Bliss of course :)

Or 2 weeks in the Adriatic with some overnights. Now that would be something :cool:

On sailawy's Bliss of course :)

I really prefer two week cruises not b2b. There are enough ports in the Adriatic to manage this, when we did it quite a few years ago on Emerald the itinerary only included Venice and Dubrovnik from this years. Also overnight in Venice would be great.

Do you think we should all volunteer for Thomsons future cruise dept?:D;).

I really prefer two week cruises not b2b. There are enough ports in the Adriatic to manage this, when we did it quite a few years ago on Emerald the itinerary only included Venice and Dubrovnik from this years. Also overnight in Venice would be great.

Do you think we should all volunteer for Thomsons future cruise dept?:D;).

I think if they did their customer research on this forum they wouldn't go far wrong :cool:

Thanks Little Nell. the ship or the itinery ? both look great. we enjoyed Dream this year as a first cruise . now we're hooked

The ship wasn't my favourite tbh but the recent reviews have been really good. We were on one of the early sailings and I think they have ironed out some of the teething problems. The problem we found was it seemed to feel overcrowded but this doesn't seem to worry most people. The main things, the food, the crew, the cleanliness were all first class. We enjoyed the entertainment too, although it is not the usual Thomson shows. We didn't like our cabin which was an inside on deck 6, which was smaller than a plus but bigger than a standard. Other people said theirs was okay, so I guess we were unlucky. The standard cabins are extremely small and that goes for inside, outside and all decks.

The itinerary was wonderful. Every single port was amazing. If you put "Adriatic Explorer reviews" into the search box at the top of the page you will find loads of info and quite detailed port reviews with useful suggestions about what to do in the ports. You will get a real flavour of the treat that is in store for you. Happy reading :)

Archived