Freebies on Princess?

suntan

I will be sailing on the Sun Princess on Feb.26/06 and being new to Princess I have a couple of questions. Are there any freebies offered on the ship? For instance, I've sailed with Celebrity for the past two years and have been provided with a free beach/shopping bag in the stateroom. Does Princess offer the same? I have heard that on Princess they charge you for ice cream. Is this correct? Does Princess provide you with a beach towel to take to the beach when you go ashore?

I am not sure that there is any such thing as a "freebie" on any cruise line...but, no, Princess does not give you a shopping bag.

You do get beach towels to use at the pool or to take ashore. (they are not yours to take home, though).

Ice cream is always available at no extra charge off the dining room menus, and for an hour or so in the Horizon Court (buffet) during the afternoon. If you want ice cream at other times, you must go to the special ice cream counter near the pools and pay for it.

I remember that in the past @2000 they used to give out a tote in your mini-suite that you could use when you went to the beach or shopping.

So now they don't? I will have to pack my Celebrity beach bag. I don't want to rub it in their face, however it is a great tote for the beach.

Please confirm.

Fran

newfimom@aol.com

I remember that in the past @2000 they used to give out a tote in your mini-suite that you could use when you went to the beach or shopping.

So now they don't? I will have to pack my Celebrity beach bag. I don't want to rub it in their face, however it is a great tote for the beach.

Please confirm.

Fran

newfimom@aol.com

i was on the Galaxy with you last year, what Princess cruise are you sailing on? I'm doing the 4/29/06 Golden, San Juan to New York! :D

pool towel service on Princess sucks. They give you towels in your cabin. make sure you hold on to them. We made sure that we always had an extra two towels in our cabin so that if we decide to go swimming in the late afternoon or at night that we will have towels. No towel service up on deck.

Please confirm.

Fran

newfimom@aol.com

While researching my 2004 Dawn cruise to the Caribbean I found out on this board that Princess does not provide tote bags. So, I packed my HAL tote (given to ALL cruisers) and used it the entire trip. Do you think if enough cruisers used their totes from other cruise lines Princess would cave and give us a tote? Heck, I would even take a plastic tote like RCCL used to give. :)

Personally, I have totes coming out my ying-yang. The totes that HAL give you aren't even big enough to put a beach towel in.

Princess does not give you a tote. Suggestion, take one with you.

Ask your room steward for extra beach towels. There are always 2 in your room.

Personally, I have totes coming out my ying-yang. The totes that HAL give you aren't even big enough to put a beach towel in.

Princess does not give you a tote. Suggestion, take one with you.

Ask your room steward for extra beach towels. There are always 2 in your room.

I guess tote size is a personal thing. Our HAL tote suited us just fine, not too big and not too small--just right.

The Princess tote is no big loss for me. I always pack one. However, if Princess were to give one, that would be one less thing to pack.

I'm with you Newfimom - I will be taking by Celebrity tote bag with me. You have all reminded me of the towel situation on Princess (my aunt who sailed with Princess a couple of years ago told me about the towels). I'm disappointed that you have to pay for ice cream (it's always free on Celebrity) at times outside their schedule. What do they charge for ice cream? Also, do they have an "internet cafe" on the Sun? If yes, what do they charge for sending e-mails?

To the last Poster:

We were on the Sun last month, the Internet Cafe is very nice and has about 30 computers as well as a printer. They charge 35cents a minute, you swipe your Cruise Card through and it keeps track of your time/amount. If want to print anything it is $1 a page if I remember correctly. I did print out our boarding passes for flight home the day before but that was only time I used the printer. I used the computers at least twice a day and had no trouble finding an available one.

Ice cream with a tariff on Princess is “gourmet” ice cream. It used to be Hagen Daaz – don’t know what the brand is now, but I saw some of the concoctions coming out of the ice cream bar on Island Princess and they are quite impressive…well worth the cash, I’d think. Free ice cream is available in Horizon Court in the afternoon and in the dining rooms every night (and I would assume at lunch time). It seems there are plenty of opportunities for free ice cream if that’s what one desires.

Archived