I think this could be considered a "Didja Ever?" moment

newbieMom

DIDJA EVER want to swim like a mermaid? We booked our cruise on the Magic to include Roatan so that my daughter could swim in her mermaid tail. She found directions and I was so blown away by how cool it was that I had to make one for her;) Well, Roatan was canceled (heartbreaking) and we didn't have any beach time in Belize or Cozumel (other excursions planned) BUT, the captain decided to give us a few extra hours in Cozumel and we were able to make her sweet little dream come true:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCgRGWsn8g

DIDJA EVER want to swim like a mermaid? We booked our cruise on the Magic to include Roatan so that my daughter could swim in her mermaid tail. She found directions and I was so blown away by how cool it was that I had to make one for her;) Well, Roatan was canceled (heartbreaking) and we didn't have any beach time in Belize or Cozumel (other excursions planned) BUT, the captain decided to give us a few extra hours in Cozumel and we were able to make her sweet little dream come true:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCgRGWsn8g

Mom, you rock! I love that! I always pretended to be a mermaid when I was a little girl (spent more time under the water than on it), and I would've loved a costume like that! Brava!

Amazing little video, too! Thanks, for posting!

Where was that taped?

In Cozumel (Mr. Sanchos to be exact)

We had booked Little French Key in Roatan and they have beautiful water and fish and even have a bronze mermaid statue with dolphins (her favorite animal of course) I wanted to get pictures of her on some rocks too. Well, mother nature decided we shouldn't go to Roatan :( but at least we got some clear water for her adventure. And she had to settle for a glass dolphin from the ship's gift shop rather than posing with lifesize bronze ones, LOL!

Mom, you rock! I love that! I always pretended to be a mermaid when I was a little girl (spent more time under the water than on it), and I would've loved a costume like that! Brava!

Amazing little video, too! Thanks, for posting!

LOVE your user name! My duaghter is on swim team and she's CONSTANTLY being scolded for being under water instead of listening to directions, LOL! Your post gave me the idea to send this video to her coach so she'll understand the level of compulsion in my daughter;)

Love that ... my daughter talks/jokes about being a mermaid too, I might have to steal your idea :D

Do it! It was such a fun project! Here's a link to the instructions I followed.

I got the monofin on Amazon and added the fringy/finny stuff at my daughter's request (she's 8 and very concerned about an authentic look, no babyish costume! LOL!)

Also, I painted scales with a product called Jones Tones fabric paint. You have to order it online but its the ONLY paint that will stay after washing/swimming AND it stratches so no cracking ;) I used a glittery gold color.

Have fun! But...a warning......once you make this tail be prepared for CONSTANT begging to go swimming, and don't be surprised if you find your daughter just chillin' in the bathtub flippin her fin ;)

My wife is about to get the link for our DD. She will flip out when she sees this! Thanks and I am glad you were able to get some time with the costume on your cruise. The 2 times I went to Mr. Sancho's, the wind kicked up too much sand in the water to make snorkeling any good, so I am glad it worked out for you.

Archived