Solarium Bistro - Dress suggestion

Hi

Going on Oasis and was browsing the speciality restaurants bookings.

For Solarium bistro the dress suggestion is:

"Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire - slacks for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. (No jeans, shorts, or sneakers, please.) On formal evenings onboard, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women."

Now as we're travelling from Australia we have to pack lightly/conservatively due to airline baggage limits.

We have decided not to go to any of the formal nights as we don't want to pack extra dresses, mens pants / dress shoes to wear for only a short amount of time to the formal night in MDR.

If we were to go to Solarium bisto for dinner, would hubby get in wearing his dressy jeans and very nice casual leather shoes (not sneakers). I thought the Solarium Bistro was a casual atmosphere, so was surprised to read their 'dress suggestions'

Hi

Going on Oasis and was browsing the speciality restaurants bookings.

For Solarium bistro the dress suggestion is:

"Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire - slacks for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. (No jeans, shorts, or sneakers, please.) On formal evenings onboard, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women."

Now as we're travelling from Australia we have to pack lightly/conservatively due to airline baggage limits.

We have decided not to go to any of the formal nights as we don't want to pack extra dresses, mens pants / dress shoes to wear for only a short amount of time to the formal night in MDR.

If we were to go to Solarium bisto for dinner, would hubby get in wearing his dressy jeans and very nice casual leather shoes (not sneakers). I thought the Solarium Bistro was a casual atmosphere, so was surprised to read their 'dress suggestions'

I have seen diners in Chops wearing shorts. I doubt that they will block your husband in jeans.

He will be fine in what you described. However, if baggage weights are an issue...don't bring jeans...they are HEAVY....bring lightweight cotton pants...dockers/chinos, etc! That will save you about 1 lb!!!

Archived