120 members have voted

1. 1. Poll on the HSN $100.00 OBC

• I called NCL direct and they applied my OBC
    • I called my TA and they were able to apply my OBC
    • NCL refused the OBC unless I canceled-Rebook and lost other incentives
    • NCL refused because I was not a new booking
    • NCL or TA was unable to help me because I was less than 75 days out
    • Neither TA or NCL helped me to gain this OBC

I would need to be able to answer twice since I called my PCC and she applied my DH's no problem to a Jan 2014 cruise but my TA is still trying to apply mine to our December cruise.....NCL can't find it and say that it is a 9 digit number they need ......the number on the top right of both my DH's and my letters that we received with the brochures are 10 digits not counting the letters above it. I scanned the letter to the TA and he's working on it. It's not in my Lat account??????? Who knows where it is???? But I do have my brochure.:)

I need another choice - My TA is still working on it!

I would need to be able to answer twice since I called my PCC and she applied my DH's no problem to a Jan 2014 cruise but my TA is still trying to apply mine to our December cruise.....NCL can't find it and say that it is a 9 digit number they need ......the number on the top right of both my DH's and my letters that we received with the brochures are 10 digits not counting the letters above it. I scanned the letter to the TA and he's working on it. It's not in my Lat account??????? Who knows where it is???? But I do have my brochure.:)

Hope it gets straightened out. Good to see though that they applied it to the Jan 2014 sailing, that is the same time of our next cruise. I thought it wouldn't be valid :). How long did it take to receive your brochure & letter?

I clicked the buuton on the poll to allow for multiple answers.

I love the polls but I always come up short with the right Questions...AND I have no idea how to edit a poll.

But I am glad you are getting some satisfaction....I suggets trying a different call for a diffrent NCL person. this seems to be working for people.

"Like I called NCL and rep said no so I called again and a very nice rep said no problem and applied it."

Some reps apply this without even having the customer having received the brochure.. That was the case with me.

Kev:cool:

I called the 866 number, she saw my OBC, but had to switch me to CAS. CAS rep was unable to apply it, as it kept coming up zero. She said to try waiting till next week and call CAS back directly.

CAS is my "TA" on this cruise, so they have to make any changes to my trip.

So.. I really should have checked "other" but that wasn't an option. I checked that I didn't get it yet.

:shruggin: would be great to have, but going anyway!;)

I'm not overly concerned.....I did try calling direct and it seemed like they were going to do it and then my phone cut off and when I called back they transferred me to group bookings (????) and then told me I have to call my TA. No one is telling me they can't apply it - they just can't figure out where my "coupon" is to apply it. When our PCC applied my DH's she had also told me that she couldn't see my coupon in my account.

We will be booking a cruise for next year before the promo is over so if they ever find it and cannot apply it - I'll use it for that one.

I'm not overly concerned.....I did try calling direct and it seemed like they were going to do it and then my phone cut off and when I called back they transferred me to group bookings (????) and then told me I have to call my TA. No one is telling me they can't apply it - they just can't figure out where my "coupon" is to apply it. When our PCC applied my DH's she had also told me that she couldn't see my coupon in my account.

We will be booking a cruise for next year before the promo is over so if they ever find it and cannot apply it - I'll use it for that one.

I notice from your boards you are going on The Breakaway out of NYC in January 2014. I was looking at this cruise as well but for January 5th. 12 days and 6 ports and my price in a solo cabin totals 1856.00 This is unbeatable and I am thinking I should do it. However it takes a lot of $$$ planning for me at that time of year...but what a deal!:eek:

I notice from your boards you are going on The Breakaway out of NYC in January 2014. I was looking at this cruise as well but for January 5th. 12 days and 6 ports and my price in a solo cabin totals 1856.00 This is unbeatable and I am thinking I should do it. However it takes a lot of $$$ planning for me at that time of year...but what a deal!:eek:

I really want to go to St Kitts and St Lucia so since the suites are way out of our price line, we are splurging on a aft facing balcony. I can't wait. Be like Nike and JUST DO IT.

I was told that I have to wait until I have the brochure-which still hasn't arrived...

Many people were told that but like me I just called again and got a different rep who saw my account, noticed the credit and applied.

This is the biggest debacle NCL has had in a while. Nobody seems to know what they are doing and all kinds of outcomes are being discussed with some getting it applied no problem and others ending up denied or waiting.:mad:

Try a diffrent rep.

i applied at hsn.com. my pcc called me and told me the credit was applied to my account. i still havent recieved the brochure. apparantly hsn notified ncl through my latitudes account,(something like that) anyways im happy happy

Can't yet choose one of your poll selections either as it has taken me 3 days of just trying to deal with hsn to accept my Canadian address to apply for the brochure and credit. Their web page for the promo says it applies to Canadians however their customer service department has repeatedly told me it doesn't even though lots of Canadians on these boards have confirmed that they did apply and get the credit. Finally reached a NCL rep this morning on the number posted on the hsn promo web page and she entered my information manually in order to send the brochure. Will now await the brochure arrival and watch my latitude account to see if any type of code or credit shows up and then will start calling NCL and TA to get them to apply the credit. ...One baby step at a time!:confused:

I too am still waiting for the form in the mail.

I got it today. It is actually a very cool book of 100 plus pages with all the ships and accomodations and deck plans and itineraries. If you are an NCL fan as I know you are you are gonna really like this book. The letter was interesting, It also says that if you book by August 31, Not a word about a new booking so they cannot use that against us according to the letter.

But like I said previously, I did not need this great brochore/booklet to get the OBC from NCL.

Regardless of the challenges of this promotion I hope all of you are able to secure this extra OBC. It makes it more enjoyable for all of us to know that our fellow cruisers were done right by.:D

I called the 866 # today and was told brochure would be received in about 10 days, also credit would be applied in about 10 days. I was told I needed to do nothing else, no call backs, no needing to find #s on the brochure. I know some have said the credit came up more or less immediately. I have not checked mine to see yet. She did say that I would be assigned a new latitudes # to which the credit would be attached and then the accounts would be merged.

I called the 866 # today and was told brochure would be received in about 10 days, also credit would be applied in about 10 days. I was told I needed to do nothing else, no call backs, no needing to find #s on the brochure. I know some have said the credit came up more or less immediately. I have not checked mine to see yet. She did say that I would be assigned a new latitudes # to which the credit would be attached and then the accounts would be merged.

I was given a new Lattitudes number and I have been told twice when I have called that I can't get the obc :-(. I've been told its for new reservations and would have to rebook. With that being said I am not happy that they changed my number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously I'm late to the game, but what is the HSN promotion and did all prior cruisers received this brochure? If I received one, it must have gone directly into the recycling bin...:rolleyes:

This is one confusing mess. You can go to the boards section for NCL and look for the topic of HSN OBC for background and the latest, but in general, apparently Home Shopping Network has a promotion in which if you request a NCL brochure, it will entitle you to an onboard credit of $100 for cruises booked by a certain date, I believe, 8-31. I tried & failed to find the sign up on the website, but the boards listed an 866# you could call as well. This takes you to a NCl rep. The info given out during these calls varies greatly. I think it is worth putting your name in the hat for. Nothing to loose. Stay tuned for further developments!

This is one confusing mess. You can go to the boards section for NCL and look for the topic of HSN OBC for background and the latest, but in general, apparently Home Shopping Network has a promotion in which if you request a NCL brochure, it will entitle you to an onboard credit of $100 for cruises booked by a certain date, I believe, 8-31. I tried & failed to find the sign up on the website, but the boards listed an 866# you could call as well. This takes you to a NCl rep. The info given out during these calls varies greatly. I think it is worth putting your name in the hat for. Nothing to loose. Stay tuned for further developments!

To order the NCL brochure to be eligible for the $100 on board credit:

If you are a US resident, go to HSN.com and type in NCL in their search line. It will bring up the promo page and on line brochure order form. Though this page does say the promo also applies to residents of Canada, you cannot enter a Canadian address so if you are Canadian, call the 866 number listed at the bottom of that same page and they will enter your info manually. You can also call the number if you are a US resident if you don't want to complete the on line form. The 866 phone number puts you through to NCL. HSN service desk are no help whatsoever and will tell Canadians it does not apply even though their own website says it does.

Thanks for the heads up! Can't believe I missed this one. I've been entering the HSN contest to win the cruise, but didn't see this. I did call the 866#. They said they have a huge response so the original 7-10 day time frame for the brochure is now about 3 weeks.

Sounds a bit like trying to get updated latitudes info. :eek:

Archived