120 members have voted

1. 1. Poll on the HSN $100.00 OBC

• I called NCL direct and they applied my OBC
    • I called my TA and they were able to apply my OBC
    • NCL refused the OBC unless I canceled-Rebook and lost other incentives
    • NCL refused because I was not a new booking
    • NCL or TA was unable to help me because I was less than 75 days out
    • Neither TA or NCL helped me to gain this OBC

Thanks for the heads up! Can't believe I missed this one. I've been entering the HSN contest to win the cruise, but didn't see this. I did call the 866#. They said they have a huge response so the original 7-10 day time frame for the brochure is now about 3 weeks.

Sounds a bit like trying to get updated latitudes info. :eek:

I recieved the brochure and the letter yesterday, exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it. The letter does have a code in small print in the upper right hand corner.

I did not need the brochure in hand to get the credit applied:D

I had previously booked my cruise in May.:rolleyes:

I did not need to cancel-rebook and lose pricing or other incentives:o

The letter does not say anything about a new booking but does say all cruises that you book prior to August 31, 2012.

GET YOUR OBC

Kev:cool:

Happily today I can say that the credit has been applied to my cruise.

I ordered the brochure last week, this week I received an NCL email telling me they had merged 2 accounts for me. So today I called to ask about why the merger and if there was a $100 obc from HSN. Yes there was. And the rep very nicely made sure that it was credited to my previously booked, through a TA, cruise. Cruise Critic members are jewels!!! I would never had known about the credit on my own.

I recieved the brochure and the letter yesterday, exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it. The letter does have a code in small print in the upper right hand corner.

I did not need the brochure in hand to get the credit applied:D

I had previously booked my cruise in May.:rolleyes:

I did not need to cancel-rebook and lose pricing or other incentives:o

The letter does not say anything about a new booking but does say all cruises that you book prior to August 31, 2012.

GET YOUR OBC

Kev:cool:

Thanks! I will call my PCC tomorrow to see if he's been notified yet. They did have him listed when I was ordering the brochure. Maybe this will be a smooth one.:rolleyes:

Not sure what choice to check for this poll.

I was told NO I could not get the $100 OBC by my PCC, he said they (NCL) were not allowing this HSN to be applied the other PCC that had allowed it were being reprimanded. Idid not receive the brochure yet but I did get a email from NCL about merging my lattitude #'s. I have not paid final payment, cruise will be this December. After reading on CC boards how many were getting the $100 OBC by calling the 866 # I called this morning and a wonderful lady said no problem you have been credited the $100 OBC and I have sent the email confirmation! I was so happy. Then I got the confirmation and found out they changed my cruise amount!!! It is now costing me and my husband and extra $125 more each just to get $100 OBC!!! This is not right I have called NCL back they tried to transfer me to my PCC but only got his voice mail left a message also emailed him, still waiting to hear what it going on. Doesn't NCL realize they get more benefit from giving the OBC people are more likely to spend more?

I just hope my PCC can get this mess fixed for us.

Our PCC got this whole thing taken care of for us, thank you R. got the price back to where it had been plus the $100 OBC. Job well done!

Can't wait to get back on the Dawn.

My pcc called me last week said ncl was having a sell and blah blah blah I went ahead and booked the cruise i was looking at and during the process she said " You have a 100 obc in your name So with this booking you have a total of 125$ obc" I only booked a inside room and didnt know where the 100 came from but I did sign up on hsn about 2 weeks ago

This is frustrating because I have not been able to get it applied.

I respect them telling me that is for a New reservation and then I was told I would have to rebook. My pcc even called me after I asked for the brochure and asked if I wanted it applied. Of course I said yes. She tried but it would not let her so she told me, oh they must have fixed it. It was to be on new reservations but it was letting it go to existing, sorry! It won't let me!

But it's upsetting seeing a lot of ppl still being able to have it applied with no issues.

Am I doing something wrong??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is frustrating because I have not been able to get it applied.

I respect them telling me that is for a New reservation and then I was told I would have to rebook. My pcc even called me after I asked for the brochure and asked if I wanted it applied. Of course I said yes. She tried but it would not let her so she told me, oh they must have fixed it. It was to be on new reservations but it was letting it go to existing, sorry! It won't let me!

But it's upsetting seeing a lot of ppl still being able to have it applied with no issues.

Am I doing something wrong??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've called twice today and been told the same thing. The only way they'll apply it is if i cancel/rebook, which would cost much more than the $100 OBC is worth. It's so frustrating to read that NCL is inconsistent in how they handle this. I'd be fine with it if no one got the OBC, but with some folks receiving it (congrats!), it leaves a sour taste in your mouth when you don't.

I have to say I'm frustrated with the whole dang thing. I ordered the brochure the same day the post showed up here so maybe 7/17 and still no brochure. The site specifically says "physical address" but we don't get mail at our physical address so I added our po box to street address line 2 and will probably not get the darn thing at all.

I don't have a PCC and I prefer to book online thru NCL and NOT have to talk to a live person so calling is stressful enough but then to have to call repeatedly and hope for different reps to answer and be told, "new bookings only" and "call when you actually get the brochure" is just too damn frustrating for $100. I guess I won't be getting this "easy" money!

I also ordered the brochure when it was first posted here. I still haven't received it but decided to call NCL and ask them if it was applied.

No, it wasn't applied and NCL sail they can't apply it until I have the physical brochure with the code. She did say that I would have to cancel and rebook to get the OBC. I have 2 cruises booked with NCL next year, I booked the March 2013 cruise is at half what it's going for now so there is no way I'm going to cancel but I'm fully prepared to cancel and rebook the Breakaway since the price hasn't changed at all.

I'm hung up and am on hold to speak to someone else.

I called back, got a different NCL person on the phone and found my answers.

She saw my $100 OBC holding in Latitudes and would be able to apply it to my cruises, unfortunately, I would have to cancel and rebook. I'm not cancelling the Easter Gem cruise, it would cost me twice as much.

What's odd, for the Breakaway, I booked a cabin inside IC a few months ago but somehow someone changed my cabin to an I1, which if I cancel now would cost me $400 more to rebook. Really strange!

I'm keeping the new cabin for now, it's a family stateroom and I may need the extra berths but wonder how that happened, I'm assuming someone reclassified the Breakaway and move me up 2 decks to a family inside?!?! The NCL rep couldn't explain why it was done either.

Went on line and ordered my Catalogue it took almost 3 weeks to arrive. By then I had already booked and paid in full. But When I just called they took the number (a really small font in the upper right hand corner almost missed it because it was so small!)and gave us the credit. Went onlline immediatly after the call and it was there on our account. It was great!!

I was told that I need to receive the brochure in the mail first and then call and they will apply it to my "new" reservation. Still have not received the silly brochure. How long has it taken anyone to actually get the brochure? I ordered it over two weeks ago!!:mad:

I have not received the brochure yet, but I got an email this morning from NCL that my 'multiple accounts had been merged'.

I guessed this meant that the credit was available so I sent my TA an email asking him to look into it. Couple hrs later I got a new invoice from him (same prices from when I booked) and it now shows the HSN OBC so I'm one happy camper

My TA got my $100 applied to a cruise I had booked several months ago--NCL changed my Latitudes number and merged the accounts--I checked my account on line and everything was ok--the merge picked up the OBC plus other cruises I have booked. Do not why they had to do all this merging.

BG

My TA told me that it would only apply if I paid brochure rate, which of course nobody does, and that this offer is basically worthless. Obviously from reading these boards, that's not true. Frustrating.

I had a TA try to tell me this, too, when I contacted them about booking my NCL cruise using the AARP discount. . .that it would only be taken off brochure rates. I swear, you have to be your own advocate for everything these days.

Archived