Oasis July 21 review in photos

I just wrapped up my first ever cruise, sailing on the Oasis from July 21-28 2012. Everything about the trip was amazing but part of the fun for me was in the photography. I snapped nearly 2,500 photos total and thought I'd share some of the better ones here. Feel free to comment or ask any questions that you might have. I'll continue to update this thread as I get new pics resized and uploaded.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Beautiful pictures, can't wait to see more. What type of camera are you using?

The best picture is always the one when just about to board the ship, such anticipation. You captured it perfectly.

Beautiful pictures, can't wait to see more. What type of camera are you using?

The best picture is always the one when just about to board the ship, such anticipation. You captured it perfectly.

Agree with dacsmom - beautiful pictures - cannot wait for September 15th!!

I have a Panasonic Lumix GX1 and used a combination of the following lenses: 20mm f/1.7, 45mm f/1.8, 7-14mm f/4 and a 45-200mm. My room number was 14170 - it's a handicap room if you couldn't tell from the bathroom photos. I'm in a wheelchair which also explains the 'unique' perspective of some of my shots. Here's a few more before bed...

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

I have a Panasonic Lumix GX1 and used a combination of the following lenses: 20mm f/1.7, 45mm f/1.8, 7-14mm f/4 and a 45-200mm. My room number was 14170 - it's a handicap room if you couldn't tell from the bathroom photos. I'm in a wheelchair which also explains the 'unique' perspective of some of my shots. Here's a few more before bed...

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

If you were going to have only one lens for the indoor shots, which lens would you use? I am going on the Oasis in Sept., I have a Canon 60D. I am wanting to purchase a lens for taking inside ship pictures. I have a nice telephoto, but not a good walk around lens for inside. Thanks, your pictures are great.

I used the 7-14mm f/4 for many of my shots. It's not the fastest lens but it gives a very wide view which is a fair tradeoff in my opinion. I only used my telephoto lens a few times. There simply aren't many opportunities to use a long lens on the ship.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg