Tendering in Cannes and rccl excursions

For those of you who have tendered on rccl in Cannes and who took an rccl excursion in Cannes, how was the tendering process? If you were booked on an rccl excursion, did you find it easier to get tender tickets?

For those of you who have tendered on rccl in Cannes and who took an rccl excursion in Cannes, how was the tendering process? If you were booked on an rccl excursion, did you find it easier to get tender tickets?

We were there a few weeks ago and did not need tender tickets for our RCCL excursion. We met in the theater at our assigned time and went to the tenders from there.

Normally you can pick up tender tickets at a number of locations on the ship. They have approximate times to arrive at the tender station outbound. Deck 1 I think.

Excursion clients are taken care of.

Where are you planing to go. There is a train that covers the whole coast and the station is about 200 yards from the tender station. It's a lovely walk down the beach to get to it.

It is also very cheap to get around on public transport. You can be in the lovely village of Eze in 15 minutes or monte Carlo or Marseilles for that matter for a fraction of the excusion cost.

I understand that going it alone does not give you the peace of mind of an excusion but it is really easy on the Cote d'Azure.

Bon voyage......

We tendered at Villefrance last week and simply walked onto the tender at 9am when we were ready. No ticket. Thought it interesting that the compass said to go to tender at 9.30 onwards when it was less crowded, but the actual tender staff said it was good we got in early as 9.30 was their busiest time. Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally you can pick up tender tickets at a number of locations on the ship. They have approximate times to arrive at the tender station outbound. Deck 1 I think.

Excursion clients are taken care of.

Where are you planing to go. There is a train that covers the whole coast and the station is about 200 yards from the tender station. It's a lovely walk down the beach to get to it.

It is also very cheap to get around on public transport. You can be in the lovely village of Eze in 15 minutes or monte Carlo or Marseilles for that matter for a fraction of the excusion cost.

I understand that going it alone does not give you the peace of mind of an excusion but it is really easy on the Cote d'Azure.

Bon voyage......

We'd love to see eze, Monaco and monte Carlo. Is it possible to see all 3 by train in the same day?

We were there a few weeks ago and did not need tender tickets for our RCCL excursion. We met in the theater at our assigned time and went to the tenders from there.

Will work- which tour did u take?

Thanks!

We were not allowed to go ashore to see Cannes. The swells were too big in the end of April. The Capt. waited an hour and moved the ship around a bit too but we could not tender. There were no other ports available either that day to see, so we had a sea day.

We'd love to see eze, Monaco and monte Carlo. Is it possible to see all 3 by train in the same day?

No problem......they are all in the same direction. Get off at eze first. Then it's about another 20 mins to monte Carlo/ Monaco which is essentially the same place.

Have a great day......one of many I hope!

No problem......they are all in the same direction. Get off at eze first. Then it's about another 20 mins to monte Carlo/ Monaco which is essentially the same place.

Great info. Thanks for posting it. I'm glad it's on this forum so we don't have to sift through too much misc. port info.

Gina

Thanks newton, another question- I've heard the walk from the train in eze is uphill- would it be difficult for someone with a cane to get from the train into eze?

Thanks!

Thanks newton, another question- I've heard the walk from the train in eze is uphill- would it be difficult for someone with a cane to get from the train into eze?

Thanks!

I think there are buses and taxis available near to the train station but perhaps other people will confirm.......

Archived