Suite perks/amenities on Freedom of the Seas

What are the suite perks on FOS? We are trying to decide if we should splurge on the Grand Suite...

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

The suite perks on all ships except for the Vision Class and Sovereign Class are pretty much the same.

And some here will give you links to Royal Caribbean for the fact sheet.

The real reason that we enjoy the full suites is for the real estate........or the room that they offer us.

You do have the perk of the conceirge lounge, and breakfast in a special area off of the Windjammer, where most of the ships now offer omelets and other egg dishes to order.

Of the past 4 years of cruising, we have dined in the dining room, maybe once or twice, and the rest of the time, either in the WJ or in our cabin.

I cruise to get away from everyday life, and become a bit of a hermit. I can read a book a day, watch the sea go by, and unwind. I can't do that in a balcony cabin...........and can think of only one balcony cabin that we have stayed in, because no suites were available, about 4 years ago, on a 3 nighter.

You need to look at why you want to spend the money to stay in any kind of full suite, because the ammenities are not worth what you will spend, but to us, the space is!:)

Rick

I have a question......

We always stay in a GS.

This will be our first time on the Freedom in 2013. Again in a GS.

I have read that one needs to make reservations for certain shows. I checked the website and sure enough it is there.

Is this hold true for suite guests also, since there is already a reserved seating section in the theater?

I have a question......

We always stay in a GS.

I have read that one needs to make reservations for certain shows. I checked the website and sure enough it is there.

Is this hold true for suite guests also, since there is already a reserved seating section in the theater?

Suite guests have access to the reserved suite area in the theater. There's no need for reservations if you're fine sitting in that area.

One nice perk of staying in a suite is that you can order from the full MDR menu whenever the dining room is open. Great for days when you get in from an excursion or you just don't feel like getting dressed. You can also request a tablecloth.

• 2 weeks later...
One nice perk of staying in a suite is that you can order from the full MDR menu whenever the dining room is open. Great for days when you get in from an excursion or you just don't feel like getting dressed. You can also request a tablecloth.

Does this also include the extra charge items like the steak or lobster?

I have a question......

We always stay in a GS.

Suite guests have access to the reserved suite area in the theater. There's no need for reservations if you're fine sitting in that area.

Just know that they open up the reserved area to people without reservations just before show time so best to get there at least 15 minutes before if not earlier.

I assume their is a concierge lounge on FOS...

Does it offer hors d'ouevres, drinks, breakfast, etc? Curious as to how nice the lounge perk is...

Drinks, hors d"ouevres, yes. Cooked to order Breakfast in Portofino. The CL is nice, but small and sometime has a lot of children.

Agree with the above posters that the GS perks are great but aren't per se "worth" the extra cost. We do suites for the following reasons:

1. Extra room!!!

2. Big bathroom

3. Big balcony/veranda

4. Reserved seats at shows, including ice show

5. Breakfast at Portofino's

We drink very little so the CL, while nice, isn't a huge draw. It is nice to have the concierge to help with little things (i.e., changing/making reservations) when needed; however, we typically have very few needs and wants.:) However, others may like other "perks" more than we do.

In terms of whether to splurge, you have to ask yourself how much it would cost, whether the above benefits mean a lot to you, and what else you'd do with that money.

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I have recently booked Freedom of the Seas in a Grand Suite. When we were researching crusises we came across a video on youtube talking about all of the perks you get and it sounded great. We specifically asked about the perks when we were booking and told we would get them but now we are getting conflicting information. And of course if you read the suite perks on the RCI website everything is "where available" "on some ships" So I am trying to get some answers. Thanks

1. Conceierge Club service. Does freedom of the seas have a conceirge club? and where is it, I can only find a Diamond Club.

2. VIP pool deck seating. This one was a big one for us, we don't like having to fight for a chair, or get up a the crack of dawn to reserve one. The agent we talked to said they had it but couldn't tell us where. Does FOS have a private area, Hopefully adults only :)

3. And according to the video we saw, "access to cabanas on Barefoot Beach in Labadee" OK, so we asked about this when booking and she said yes we would be able to use the cabanas. Nothing else. My husband called today to see if we needed to reserve cabana prior to the cruise, First person he talked to said, cabanas were a first-come basis when you get onboard and there is a charge for them(first we heard about that!) Second person he talked to said: Nope, all cabanas are already sold out!!, Third person: Says he reserved a cabana for us. When we asked for written confirmation the agent said he didn't have acess to email ?!? are you kidding, he then sent us a text saying we had a rental from his phone. Like that would fly.. At that point my husband was tired of dealing and he will try to call back today. But would help if we knew what others have received.

One more question about Labadee, if you are in the barefoot beach area but not in a cabana, is there any shade available, and what about the floaties? The floats are what I really want! I have read conflicting info. One said floats were available to people at the Barefoot Beach and some said they were a perk of the cabana.

And on our previous crusie we reserved a cabana at Half Moon Cay ( carnival ) and when we met some awesome people on the ship we invited them to join us. The more the merrier! Since cabanas hold 6pp if we buy a cabana can we invite people? or would they have to be in a suite?

I know this is long, thanks for any answers !!

Hi All,

I have recently booked Freedom of the Seas in a Grand Suite. When we were researching crusises we came across a video on youtube talking about all of the perks you get and it sounded great. We specifically asked about the perks when we were booking and told we would get them but now we are getting conflicting information. And of course if you read the suite perks on the RCI website everything is "where available" "on some ships" So I am trying to get some answers. Thanks

1. Conceierge Club service. Does freedom of the seas have a conceirge club? and where is it, I can only find a Diamond Club. Yes, Freedom's CL is on deck 10, between the aft elevator lobbies.

2. VIP pool deck seating. This one was a big one for us, we don't like having to fight for a chair, or get up a the crack of dawn to reserve one. The agent we talked to said they had it but couldn't tell us where. Does FOS have a private area, Hopefully adults only :) Last I heard, this section was on deck 12. Children in suites would be able to use this too. The only adult (16 and over) section of the ship would be the Solarium, and there is no preferred suite seating there.

3. And according to the video we saw, "access to cabanas on Barefoot Beach in Labadee" OK, so we asked about this when booking and she said yes we would be able to use the cabanas. Nothing else. My husband called today to see if we needed to reserve cabana prior to the cruise, First person he talked to said, cabanas were a first-come basis when you get onboard and there is a charge for them(first we heard about that!) Second person he talked to said: Nope, all cabanas are already sold out!!, Third person: Says he reserved a cabana for us. When we asked for written confirmation the agent said he didn't have acess to email ?!? are you kidding, he then sent us a text saying we had a rental from his phone. Like that would fly.. At that point my husband was tired of dealing and he will try to call back today. But would help if we knew what others have received.

One more question about Labadee, if you are in the barefoot beach area but not in a cabana, is there any shade available, and what about the floaties? The floats are what I really want! I have read conflicting info. One said floats were available to people at the Barefoot Beach and some said they were a perk of the cabana.

And on our previous crusie we reserved a cabana at Half Moon Cay ( carnival ) and when we met some awesome people on the ship we invited them to join us. The more the merrier! Since cabanas hold 6pp if we buy a cabana can we invite people? or would they have to be in a suite?

I know this is long, thanks for any answers !!

See answers in RED above.

Regarding the cabanas, I would email the Concierge on board and discuss with them. The email address is FR_Concierge@rccl.com. Note the underscore after FR.

Agree with the above posters that the GS perks are great but aren't per se "worth" the extra cost. We do suites for the following reasons:

1. Extra room!!!

2. Big bathroom

3. Big balcony/veranda

4. Reserved seats at shows, including ice show

5. Breakfast at Portofino's

We drink very little so the CL, while nice, isn't a huge draw. It is nice to have the concierge to help with little things (i.e., changing/making reservations) when needed; however, we typically have very few needs and wants.:) However, others may like other "perks" more than we do.

In terms of whether to splurge, you have to ask yourself how much it would cost, whether the above benefits mean a lot to you, and what else you'd do with that money.

Breakfast at Portofinos/Izumi is one of the best perks. It really worked out well on the Allure which is so crowded in Windjammer. Eating in Izumi was quiet and relaxed. I don't think that most Suite passengers even realized that it was open

The reserved pool seating on the Freedom is terrible :( It is located on deck 12 above the Pool Bar on that little roof area. We sailed in a GS and were looking forward to the reserved seating but it was a total fail as the wind was too strong to sit up there for more than 5 minutes :mad:

That was actually the selling point for me upgrading on our next cruise. I figure the days we are in Livorno and Rome, we might not want to get dressed up for the dining room, but we'd still like what's on the menu.

That was actually the selling point for me upgrading on our next cruise. I figure the days we are in Livorno and Rome, we might not want to get dressed up for the dining room, but we'd still like what's on the menu.

Enjoy your cruise! We also have a GS on our next cruise and are looking forward to this perk:)

Thanks everyone for your quick replies! We were starting to question why we upgraded after the run around my husband got. Still don't know if we have a cabana reserved.

It is interesting to note that on the RCI webpage there is a list of ships that have a CL and FOS isn't one of them. So I am glad to hear that they do still offer it. Don't know if we would use it, but....

Very bummed to hear about seating on the 12th floor. The last ship I was on the chairs were squeezed so tight together and they were all reserved, difficult to find anything at all. But this is my first RCI cruise so maybe this ship will be better.

Does anyone know what their "reserving chairs" policy is? Will they clear them or is anyone who gets up at 6am and throws a towel and book on some chairs going to keep them for the day?

Hmm.. at Sandals our butler went out and reserved chairs for us every morning. Maybe we can tip our cabin steward, Never know! I don't like people who reserve all day, but if you can't beat them.:o

Thx!

Does this also include the extra charge items like the steak or lobster?

I ordered room service on formal night to my room and chose the steak from the MDR menu. Tastiest thing I had on the whole cruise. Nice and bloody, just how I like it!! (Sorry veggies :-))

It was billed to my account

Will also add the cabana on barefoot was really wonderful, worth every $in my view and agree with ckrobyn - reserved pool seating on FOS is awful! No where near the pool and horribly windy. Not a perk at all in my opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Archived