Fall 2012 All-Stars Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

I really liked Brooke's grey gown last night. Had a lot of detail, but still wasn't too busy looking.

Carrie Ann's sequined dress was pretty, but it must not have fit very well since she fell out of one side when hugging Shawn.

Kristie still needs to go home, but I'll thank her for bringing Tristan back to dance.

Hi all!

I liked Brooke's dress last night too. No there was no mention of her illness.

There was a funny non start to the show last night.:eek:

Kerri ~ yes thank you Kirstie for bringing Tristan back!;) She can leave now.

Wonder who's leaving tonight.:confused:

~ Jo ~ :)

I was not sorry to see Kirstie go home, but I was sad to say goodbye to Gilles. I really thought he deserved to stay. I thought Emmit should have been the one to go home. But what do I know!

I liked Brookes dress tonight.

It was past time for Kirstie, and it should have been Emmit too; I don't know what is with the judges and him. He mostly stood around in that trio dance and the girls danced around him, and he got a perfect score!

It also seems like the judges have got something against Gilles and Apolo and underscore them. However, I have no dance experience, so I probably don't see the little technical things. I do see the big mistakes and especially the dancers that are doing much simpler/easier routines.

I didn't really care for either of Brooke's silvery dresses. They had kind of a 30's look to me. I never did hear any comments on her coming surgery. Best of luck to her.

I was not sorry to see Kirstie go home, but I was sad to say goodbye to Gilles. I really thought he deserved to stay. I thought Emmit should have been the one to go home. But what do I know!

I liked Brookes dress tonight.

I agree with you .

Cori

I was sorry to see Gilles leave last week and I'm surprised that tonight is another double elimination. :confused: Is this the third one this season?

I really liked the look of Brooke's gown last night with the jewel encrusted shoulders, just wish it hadn't been black again.

I gave all my votes to Melissa and Tony last night because of their second dance. Didn't think their caveman hustle was great, but I can't figure out Shawn and Derek getting 30 for their Knight Rider Bhangra when the only theme bit was the flashing lights. The dancing was good, but I'm thinking maximum 9.5's with a lacking theme.

I loved Brooke's dress tonight--maybe my favorite ever for her. Possibly this is because it is more 'flowy' and something I could possibly even wear myself.

Melissa is not my favorite because she seems kind of fake, but her dancing is amazing. Once again the judges are seemingly pushing certain couples. I guess we all have our favorites--but they are not supposed to.

I hate double eliminations! It's like they are trying to hurry the show up and get it over--which they probably are.

I can't believe I'm just now finding this thread!!

I just did NOT enjoy Shawn & Derek last night. And I totally do not get the 10's for their dance?? Emmitt seriously needs to go home tonight. He just is not on par with the rest of the dancers. Should have gone home last week instead of Gilles, but that football fan base saved him yet again. I had to give all of my votes to Melissa this week. I thought their two dances -- especially that last one -- were fantastic!! And Tony is so deserving of being in the finals as well. He has suffered through some dreadful partners in the past.

I agree -- I HATE double eliminations! Maybe they should have started with fewer teams this year since they knew they would be pre-empted several times. Of course, what kinds of drama would THAT add? LOL!!

Went to my sister's house today and she was watching it on tape. All I can say, after watching only the first 30 minutes was, the "costume" for Val was totally inappropriate. Yes, he's got a body, but sorry, it just wasn't something I expect to see on Dancing. He might as well have been nude, for all the tight bottom covered. And he sure did seem to want to cover up by standing behind his partner after the dance. Plus, that whole water dance was stupid.

Brooke looked fantastic last night. I could totally see that gown on a cruise. But I feel sorry for her---she seems so "down" since her announcement of the cancer. Poor woman must be scared. Bless her.

I have to agree about Val's 'costume'--just a little too revealing, and he didn't seem to like it.

Yes, Emmitt should go home but probably won't; he should have gone home before this. I don't get why people vote on who the person is rather than how they dance. Gilles and Sabrina were much better than he is.

I thought most of the awkward dance/theme pairing made it hard for the choreographers to come up with something, and a lot of the dances showed it.

Even though I don't like Melissa much, she should be the winner this year, based on dance.

Hi folks:)I was on a cruise last week and last night I only watched

part of the show. I moved into a new condo Sunday and I was doing

all sorts of unpacking last night:eek:

I am just relaxing this evening and will watch the results show.

As for the double elimination? It is due to the weeks they could not

eliminate anyone...the Election was one Tuesday and a debate was

another one.

I agree 100% about Tony. I know we all have our own opinion's....

I think he is one of the best on the show and I have always loved

him:D.....

Just my opinion but I do think that Apollo should have been in the finals, and Tony and Melissa , well they are really good , but for some reason , I just don't care for her. But she has been dancing well. Derek and Shawan , do belong in the finals. But the whole Val striptease really not appropriate, he is pulling out all the stops to get him and his sweetie pie in the finals. I did not see all of the show, so I missed most of the Paula show ( was not impressed with what I saw).

On a serious note, still no mention of Brooke's illness , perhaps since it is so close to the finals , she is going to have the surgery and begin treatments after that, not sure , have not seen anymore about it on AOL. Are the finals next week , so just Mon. and Tues. and that is the final show ?

Cori

Just my opinion but I do think that Apollo should have been in the finals, and Tony and Melissa , well they are really good , but for some reason , I just don't care for her. But she has been dancing well. Derek and Shawan , do belong in the finals. But the whole Val striptease really not appropriate, he is pulling out all the stops to get him and his sweetie pie in the finals. I did not see all of the show, so I missed most of the Paula show ( was not impressed with what I saw).

On a serious note, still no mention of Brooke's illness , perhaps since it is so close to the finals , she is going to have the surgery and begin treatments after that, not sure , have not seen anymore about it on AOL. Are the finals next week , so just Mon. and Tues. and that is the final show ?

Cori

Hi Cori, the final dancing will be Monday (If they follow season's past)

and all the stars from the beginning come back too. Then on Tuesday

they would have "The Annoucement" (who wins). So it is usually

a "2 Night Event"..

I didn't like Brooke's sequined short dress at all last night. It was way too tight and made her look puffy.

Didn't care for Carrie Ann's either. She calls it simple...I call it a hot mess.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2012/11/20/dancing-with-the-stars-carrie-ann-michael-jackson-dress/

I'm good with the final three. Might have switched one for Gilles, but that's a week too late for him.

Hi folks:)I moved into a new condo Sunday and I was doing all sorts of unpacking last night:eek:

I am just relaxing this evening and will watch the results show.

Congratulations on the move. I've only lived in two houses and I've never technically moved since I still have things at my Mom's and I didn't take everything all at once. :o

I can't believe I'm just now finding this thread!!

If you subscribe to the thread it will be easy to find us in the spring because we usually post a link to the new thread. I'm sure we'll be posting updates about Brooke's cancer also.

Val's "costume" was interesting. ;) I guess a wet suit would have been too hot to dance in, but I think a rash guard shirt and some longer swim shorts would have gone better with the surfing theme. Kelly's outfit was strange also.

Congratulations on the move. I've only lived in two houses and I've never technically moved since I still have things at my Mom's and I didn't take everything all at once. :o

If you subscribe to the thread it will be easy to find us in the spring because we usually post a link to the new thread. I'm sure we'll be posting updates about Brooke's cancer also.

Val's "costume" was interesting. ;) I guess a wet suit would have been too hot to dance in, but I think a rash guard shirt and some longer swim shorts would have gone better with the surfing theme. Kelly's outfit was strange also.

Thanks for the good wishes:)....I lived in my prior place for 20 years

(I am 54) and so now? This will be my last move (well, the last move

will be "the big box":eek:)........

Hi Cori, the final dancing will be Monday (If they follow season's past)

and all the stars from the beginning come back too. Then on Tuesday

they would have "The Annoucement" (who wins). So it is usually

a "2 Night Event"..

Thanks Lois , I will be sure to watch.

And congrats on the move. Be happy there.

Cori

Hi friends:) I believe this is the first time all 3 finalists are all female.

We have always (well mostly always) kept this thread quite friendly:D

So, who do ya'll think will win this year?

Tomorrow night is part I........

Archived