Altun Ha and City Tour-shoes?

marshhawk

I was fine in running sneakers when we were there this past spring...our kids wore keens. I don't think you will need hiking boots at all...it's a small site and the climbing you can do on the ruins is not strenuous IMO.

Have fun!

When my husband and I spent a week in Belize this past May, we climbed both Altun Ha and the temples at Lamanai. He wore hiking boots, I wore tennis shoes. We both did fine and had no issues. There was even a woman at Lamanai that wore flip flops and climbed the High Temple at Lamanai - a very steep, tall structure with a rope to help pull yourself up to the top. She had a hard time & sore feet but she made it up and down without hurting herself.

Have fun - I love Belize!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks. I really didn't want to tote my hiking boots with me, but they do fit better than the tenny pumps I have. I'm all about comfort.:)

I just booked this tour for November. I'm curious what you thought of the excursion

Archived