Chair Hogs On Notice?

just got back from cruise on RCI... also had 40 min. rule... it worked. We never had a problem getting a seat near the pool. This was on Explorer of the Seas... had TONS of loungers, chairs all over Pool Deck and Deck above it... Every 2 hours there would be an announcement over the PA system by the pool reminding everyone about that rule..

Now we'll see if Carnival has the guts to enforce this rule, as well as the rest of their rules or if it's just something printed on paper..

Great to hear that EOS is now enforcing this. We will be on it in 2 months. We are not pool loungers, but if I should ever want to sit there, it is nice to know that it is possible. (Personally, we prefer the Serenity Area.)

I really hope that Carnival brings this out on all of their ships. Certainly a step in the right direction!

So if you wait for 20-30 minutes for Deli or Mongolian Wok, you have to eat on your chair or lose your seat, that is not fair

Not fair In your opinion, but I'm not sure why you would expect to return to exactly the same chair when you return from lunch?

Leaving your chair to grab a drink, go to the bathroom or back to your cabin to get something is one thing - lunch is something else.

If it happens to take less than 40 mins, good for you. If not, if this system works as it should, there should be plenty of other chairs for you to occupy when you return.

I don't expect that if I am sitting in a lounge and get up and leave for 40 minutes that my seat will still be there when I return - what makes the pool deck any different?

I am glad that CCL is finally attempting to do something about this. While we are not ones to spend the day or even hours around the pool, I do occasionally like to stretch out for a little while and can never seem to find a chair that is not occupied or is being occupied by a book or flip flop. I really hope that this rule also applies to the Serenity deck which is where I prefer to be.

Carnival has always had this rule as far as I know but I understood it to be 30 minutes. The last cruise we went on w were very annoyed about not getting seats. We watched a few loungers and when the guests did not return after half an hour we told an employee who removed ther stuff and gave us the loungers. I saw several guests do this on the cruise.

Yes :):):)

I am glad this is happening. I very seldom use them as we always have a balcony and I take advantage of that but it is nice for everyone else. Glad that carnival finally listened to THE people.

I have to say that I see another side to this. On my last cruise I often went up to Serenity on my own at breakfast time. I had a backpack and grabbed food and coffee on my way to a seat. Never thoughht to plunk down in a spot first and then grab some grub to bring back to my place. I must have figured that was the logical order of things. I still feel that way but maybe I'll try reversing the order on my next cruise. It sure would be easier to not carry all my stuff around while getting food at the Lido. Still...judging by what I read on CC, others might think I'm chogging and do something to my stuff in the 5 Minutes it'll take me to get coffee and food.

So if you wait for 20-30 minutes for Deli or Mongolian Wok, you have to eat on your chair or lose your seat, that is not fair

what's not fair is people who get up at 6 am and claim multiple chairs for their family & friends and then go back to sleep and expect the chairs to be ready for them when they return later on that day...:mad:

No, enjoy your lunch, come back and find another lounger. Since fewer loungers will be in reserved status, it will be easier to find another. This is more fair than people holding loungers for hours and not using them. I have walked the decks looking for somewhere to enjoy the sun and find many reserved but vacant loungers, that is not fair.

no, enjoy your lunch, come back and find another lounger. Since fewer loungers will be in reserved status, it will be easier to find another. This is more fair than people holding loungers for hours and not using them. I have walked the decks looking for somewhere to enjoy the sun and find many reserved but vacant loungers, that is not fair.

bingo !

what's not fair is people who get up at 6 am and claim multiple chairs for their family & friends and then go back to sleep and expect the chairs to be ready for them when they return later on that day...:mad:

These (those) are the one's that CCL is targetting. It's fair to the rest of us that are paying guests so we can enjoy. Long over due IMO.

I think it's a good idea, and I hope it works, but it does make a lot of sense when you see someone come up to the lido with 5 towels, put one in each chair and walk away-they are a chair hog, and the towels should just be removed then.:o

No, enjoy your lunch, come back and find another lounger. Since fewer loungers will be in reserved status, it will be easier to find another. This is more fair than people holding loungers for hours and not using them. I have walked the decks looking for somewhere to enjoy the sun and find many reserved but vacant loungers, that is not fair.

I agree! That's the way we always do it!

I have my doubts that they will enforce it. When they let people wearing t-shirts and shorts in the MDR on formal night, the chance of them banning the chairhogs is very slim.

I agree. Perhaps on the Breeze they should offer alarm clocks that get people up earlier than noon while there are chairs still available. Late sleeping does not give you the automatic right to a chair.

Archived