Rainy Sailaways....

mia10010

I will be sailing on the Miracle in 3 days!!!!! There is also a good chance for a thunderstorm/rain that day as well. If it's raining, where is a good place to go for sailaway????

If the weather is really bad, will they have the sailaway party inside???

On our first cruise it started storming about ten minutes before we sailed. DH and I stood up on deck 10 aft and got soaked, but we were not missing sailaway #1.

That's the spirit! I bet you didn't even ask for OBC and made the most of it.;)

3 cruises and I have always started them the same way. Get on board and head to either a quiet lounge with my carry-ons or find a quiet deck space on the side of the ship opposite port where no one is. I pull a bottle a wine I carried on, open it and a good book. Let vacation begin.

The wife and child go to eat at the buffet.

Relax with the baggage until rooms are ready.

I will be sailing on the Miracle in 3 days!!!!! There is also a good chance for a thunderstorm/rain that day as well. If it's raining, where is a good place to go for sailaway????

Miracle has a retractable roof over the pool area where the main stage is. Assuming they close the roof, get a table with a river view on deck. I would suspect they will do the sailaway party at the main stage area. (At least they did on Pride (sister ship) a few weeks ago.)

I had a rainy sailaway, and on my first cruise to boot. It wasn't pouring heavily, but enough to get wet standing outside. (I did it anyway; I was so happy to be on a cruise ship, I didn't care. Plus, the Miami skyline shrouded in mist looked pretty cool.) Fantasy class ships don't have retractable roofs, so they moved the sailaway party from the Lido deck by the pool to the Promenade by the Dream bar. I'm pretty sure the format was the same: music, line dances, people cheering, and crazy mixed drinks. I danced up a storm and had a great time, even with the rain drops pelting the windows.

I watched the Triumph sail from the Riverwalk in New Orleans a couple of years ago. Right before sailing time, it begain pouring rain. Apparently, the captain was watching the radar - because the ship stayed docked until the rain passed. As soon as it quit raining, they pulled the ropes and sailed. Although it made for a LONG wait (about an hour past official sailing time), I was proud that the captain made sure he had a good sailaway for the passengers.

(Disclaimer - the delayed sail away may have been completely unrelated to the captain wanting the passengers to be happy, but literally as soon as the last raindrop fell, they left - and they were through loading and everything else, as far as I could tell, the only thing they were waiting on was the weather!)

I'm always on the balcony with a drink of the day at sailaway, rain or shine. The Lido Deck is just way too crowded for me. I go up there later when the ship is out to sea.

3 cruises and I have always started them the same way. Get on board and head to either a quiet lounge with my carry-ons or find a quiet deck space on the side of the ship opposite port where no one is. I pull a bottle a wine I carried on, open it and a good book. Let vacation begin.

The wife and child go to eat at the buffet.

Relax with the baggage until rooms are ready.

Sounds like a good plan if you don't want to be part of the action. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Do you stay there during the sail-away? Until the muster drill? I can't remember the order or timing of things. Of course, it may be different on Carnival anyway. Our upcoming cruise will be our first Carnival cruise.

Archived