How many people do you usually cruise with?

CruzerDeb

Just out of curiosity . . . how many people do you usually cruise with? Just immediate family (spouse, children); extended family; family and friends, etc.?

Seems like there are a lot of big groups sometimes!

We have our second cruise booked for next summer (well, just DDs and me) and I'm wondering if in the future I'd like to plan something bigger. None of my friends/family is into cruising . . .

My upcoming cruise will be my 3rd, this one is just DH, DD and me. 1st cruise in 1999 was 12 adults, all friends for many years from school. 2nd cruise was my extended family, 10 people all together (8 adults 2 kids).

We are looking forward to just the 3 of us this tme!

Just out of curiosity . . . how many people do you usually cruise with? Just immediate family (spouse, children); extended family; family and friends, etc.?

We have our second cruise booked for next summer (well, just DDs and me) and I'm wondering if in the future I'd like to plan something bigger. None of my friends/family is into cruising . . .

well, there will be 17 of us in 66 days... :) Actually met the majority of these wonderful folks back in 2009 on a Freedom Roll call..and as many of us as possible cruise together as often as possible.. 2009,2010, 2012, and 2013 will put us on the Breeze!!

Hubby and I have cruised alone..and its 'fine'..but definitely a different experience vacation... As much as we enjoy the alone time, we are TOTALLY psyched for October!

First cruise coming up.. just me and dd:D

...None of my friends/family is into cruising . . .
...It's difficult convincing friends to spend the money to cruise. Our family, on the other hand, will go as long as we pay for it--so we tell ourselves we are just spending their inheritence. We have our fourth family cruise (10 in all in 3 cabins) planned for late December.

Here's hoping you get a group together -- it's more fun that way. Bon Voyage!

Our cruises (and other holidays) are just my wife and I. We figure when we go away, we want to do what we want, when we want and not having to worry about others, other schedules etc. is just what we like doing.

I have a travel buddy (best friends since we were 10 years old, now living on opposite sides of the country). We try to cruise at least once a year together.

My last cruise was with 4 of my friends (all sisters). That was the most I've cruised with so far (5 of us total).

1st one = me and sis

2nd one = me and then BF now Hubby

3rd one = me, hubby and our son

I would love it if other family members or friends would join us but it's so hard with work schedules and the fact we are scattered all over the US.

First cruise was DH, DD, DM and I (the famous 4).

Our 2nd was our 25th anniversary cruise and was just DH and I.

3rd cruise was the Famous 4 again.

4th cruise was the Famous 4 again along with DS, 2 DDs and DS-I-L.

Our next cruise in Jan 2013 is the Famous 4.

Would love to do a cruise with a bunch of friends. Would also love to do a Girls Night Out cruise.

My daughter just moved out of the next...but prior to now, we had our balcony room and she have her own inside room and father in law has the next door balcony to us. In two months it be father in law and us so three of us.

Every 3-4 years we go with family members have a group together which we are due next year.

I've been on five cruises, three of which have been family reunions. Here are our numbers:

1st cruise = 30

2nd cruise = 38

3rd cruise = 2

4th cruise = 2

5th cruise = 36

Big groups are fun, fun, fun! Oh, and did I say fun?

Absolutely nobody!!!! :D All of my cruises (approximately 15) except one, have been alone, and I do have one with my sister coming up in a couple of months. It will be her first....my first on Carnival. I also have a 15 night solo TA planned in 2013. I LOVE solo cruising and hope my sister and I are still speaking after ours together.

Zoey beat me to it...solo!!! I love it. I do what I want when I want where I want. It's easy to get good seats in the main theater when you only need one seat, even if you show up just before the show starts.

I used to take the kids who are now out of college and working but not making enough to cruise. Yet.

Our first 2 cruises were on Disney with friends who introduced to cruising. We were both families of 4 with kids the same ages (4 and 7 on our first cruise, 7 and 10 on our second). Our third cruise was with extended family, whom we introduced to their one and only time cruising. It consisted of our family of 4, my 2 unmarried adult DB's and my DM (who was sea sick most of the time) and Stepfather (who complained about everything). All the rest of our cruises were just our immediate family of 4.

We have tried planning cruises with our friends (same family from our Disney Cruises) but with all of our kids active in different sports (basketball, water polo/swimming, soccer, and dance), it made it difficult to find anytime that worked for all of us...so we have gone on our seperate cruising ways. They have done mostly RCCL cruises since their boys need to be active at all times or they get into trouble and RCCL offers them more things they like to do. We have done mostly CCL with a few NCL thrown in. My kids aren't into the extra's that RCCL offers so it is not worth the premium price to me.

We are also trying to set up a cruise with 2 of DH's older brothers (twins) and their spouses for an adult only cruise to Alaska to celebrate their 30th Anniversaries and our 25th Anniversary next year. I've done all the leg work and given them the options that meet all of our criteria. I'm just waiting for them to decide if they really want to do it or not. It seems once I did all the leg work everyone is not quite as interested as they were before.

We have hard time planning a vacation for the 4 of us, especially since the kids became teens, with all of our own schedules. We have found it almost impossible to schedule anything with others...

when I cruise I only ever go with my sister and that is it :) this is how it has always been since our very first cruise

Archived