Door Decorations?

tchoney

Hello,

I am cruising for the first time on the Fantasy. I have never cruised Carnival before. I have always cruised Disney and loved decorating my door. Can you tell me if the doors on Carnival are metal so I could use magnets to attach my signs? OR will I have to use some type of tape?

Thanks!!!!

I can't wait to decorate our door on the Dream. But what is tacky tape & where do I get it. Last time I decorated with those door cling things that require no tape. DH gave me the look too, but ended up enjoying helping me. This time he helped me decide on the theme & helped shop;)

I use tape, and take plenty of it... Then I'm pleasantly surprised if magnets work. I did use magnets on one trip on the CONQUEST, and found things missing each day... So tape maybe be more secure...

I have LOADS of fun decorating the door... (I get the dirty looks from my DD, and don't decorate if she's cruising with me...) But I'll still put something on the door when travelling with Mom. It helps her remember which cabin is ours.

AND, I always use a cut down envelope and note paper inside and a marker on a string for others to leave notes for me!!

One year, for Mom's birthday, I used big poster paper and a couple markers and asked for other to write graffiti birthday messages! Only had one rude one, the rest were great!!!! Strangers would post a comment... and neighbors invited us to knock and share a drink...

I talked about decorating our door, but DH gave me "the look." :cool:

I got it to, but then I gave him "the wife look", and he decided that it was a great idea!

My DH just knows - some things OK most things) he does not get s say so!

We are cruising next over Halloween and are having a door decorating contest in our roll call!

We had our entire door decorated and I didn't see any other decoration on any other doors. We were on the Lido deck and nothing we had was even taken. Besides the posters we had a dry erase board, a life preserver type thing lots of mardi gras beads. On the last two days a few of the beads disappeared but we left them out for that reason. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will later.

I saw one post where someone said they got a ship on a stick for best decorated door on the ship. Is this something Carnival does fleet-wide? I had never heard of it until now.

On the Dream last August, they had a door decorating contest. We are decorating our door in Nov on the Fascination, my DH and I went to Party City and bought our decorations, he is just as excited as I am to decorate.

I can't wait to decorate our door on the Dream. But what is tacky tape & where do I get it. Last time I decorated with those door cling things that require no tape. DH gave me the look too, but ended up enjoying helping me. This time he helped me decide on the theme & helped shop;)

I call it "ticky-tacky". I get it in the stationary section at walmart/target or you can get it at Micheal's or any craft store. It's like putty that you just tear apart, put a small piece on the back of your decoration and it sticks to the door. Comes right off leaving no marks.

Have fun with it! :)

Archived