Question for white wine drinkers

I never liked to drink wine at all till lately, and have developed a taste for white wine. DW only drinks red onboard, so how do I keep mine chilled ? Can't remember if it will fit in the mini frig in a standard balcony cabin ? Will the steward give me an ice bucket for wine ? Thanks for any help.

I never liked to drink wine at all till lately, and have developed a taste for white wine. DW only drinks red onboard, so how do I keep mine chilled ? Can't remember if it will fit in the mini frig in a standard balcony cabin ? Will the steward give me an ice bucket for wine ? Thanks for any help.

The steward or any bar will give you a bucket filled with ice. The steward will thereafter replenish the ice twice daily.

You can have the room steward take all of the items out of your fridge and take them away so you have full use of the fridge and then you can put a few bottles in the fridge. My wife and I are both White Wine drinkers and that's what we did with the bottles that weren't confiscated.

The steward or any bar will give you a bucket filled with ice. The steward will thereafter replenish the ice twice daily.

You have to ask your cabin attendant for it now on many ships, though.

OP, room service will bring your white wine in a larger bucket than the little one that the cabin stewards bring. Most cabin stewards will refill the bucket without being asked, but sometimes you need to remind them.

The mini-fridge will hold a bottle or three, but on most ships it won't cool it very well.

Cheers!:D

The plastic ice buckets from room service are worthless. Our MDR waiter gave us one of the nice insulated wine buckets and it worked quite nicely in the fridge. If you start with a cold bottle of wine, ice, and the insulated wine bucket you'll be very happy. We also found the fridge to be quite adequate, despite reports to the contrary. This was on Freedom, BTW.

I always take along a soft-side collapsible cooler bag in my suitccase and then place the wine in it with ice. After that (if there is any left) the cabin attendant refills it with ice as needed.

Another possibility is, order a wine and cheese basket or wine and fruit basket to be delivered to your stateroom (gifts and gear), it will be delivered in a very nice wine bucket. After the first delivery, simply attach a post-it note to the bucket asking the attendant to leave it in the room for future use.

Has always worked for us!

Remember: wine a little...it will make you feel better! :o

Don't expect the little fridges in your cabin to be very cold. They are barely cool,

and not enough to keep white wine properly chilled. Especially bad for Sauvignon

Blanc or Champagne that needs to be colder than Chard.

I agree with the other posters, just request a wine bucket and extra ice!! :D

We brought our very own chill bags specifically for our seltzer. It works just as well for white wine.I'm with you on the fact that white wine needs to be extremely cold. We also asked our cabin steward for an extra ice bucket, but you are better off bringing your own collapsible container. Also you can remove everything in the fridge yourself. We did & put all contents on the highest shelf above the TV & had no problems. If you leave your cabin steward a note to keep it filled twice a day they will.

Archived