Beverage card/Mariner discount?

Hawkeye1946

Our next cruise will be our first as 3 star Mariners.:D. How is the discount applied when using the beverage card to "purchase" a bottle of wine? As I recall, cards purchased on board have no personal info on them.

Thanks!

Sue

Our next cruise will be our first as 3 star Mariners.:D. How is the discount applied when using the beverage card to "purchase" a bottle of wine? As I recall, cards purchased on board have no personal info on them.

Thanks!

Sue

Your Mariner discount is 25% off wine packages only, not single bottles of wine. I think you can use the beverage card to pay for the discounted price of the packages, but not positive. Someone who knows will come along and let you know.

If you use the beverage card in the Explorations Cafe you do not get the discount, so use your room card for that.

Unless you are buying a wine package, there would be no Mariner discount on a bottle.

From HAL:

What wine packages are eligible for the 3 and 4 star discounts?

All Navigator and Admiral Wine packages are applicable. Wine cards, Cellar Master packages, individual bottle purchases, wine-by-the-glass, and beverage gift cards are excluded.

If you are buying a wine package my understanding is that you can't mix the two:eek: So, if you want the 25% discount I don't believe you can use it for the wine package - oh what the heck;) a 25% discount or a 10% discount - no magic needed here.

However, as you get towards the end of the cruise (or in the Pinnacle) you might not want to order another wine package so the beverage card can work out very well:D

Thanks!

Sue

Congratulations on your achievement of '3' stars.

As far as I know there is no Mariners discount on a bottle of wine. Only on Wine Package.

If you like wine -- then you are better off purchasing one of the wine packages where you get 25% off. You can not use the Beverage Card to buy a wine package.

Since we are not big wine drinkers we just use the card to buy a bottle of wine since we can't get a discount on 1 bottle.

Archived