Button Pushers and Rail Riders

kingsgirl

Rail Riders and Button Pushers - What should we do with them?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Rail Riders and Button Pushers - What should we do with them?

• High five them both and have a chuckle - it's a vacation!
    • Pretend to high five them then kick them in the gut.
    • Report to ship police for immediate punishment.
    • Push them overboard - it's just easier that way.

Only had button pushers once, just laughed at them.

But a couple times had stair sitters, threatened to step on them and they moved.:p

I've never encountered button pushers or rail riders on my cruises, but the stair sitters do drive me crazy! On our recent cruise, and entire family group seemed to be meeting by the stairs and they were just sitting there, probably 12-15 of them when we came by. Yes, there are multiple sets of stairs, and I went around them to another set, but I did give them the stink-eye on my way past!

Until I read the responses, I wasn't exactly certain what rail riders were. I have never seen them on a cruise. Lately we've been taking more cruise on Princess, Holland America, and Celebrity, but we did take a spring break cruise this year on a Carnival ship and I did not see any on it either.

As for button pushers, I avoid the elevators on ships so they've never bothered me.

I wish Royal provided elevator attendants. I'd tip them on a daily basis!

###

If RCI would pay the elevator attendants a decent wage we would not have to make up for their lack of salary with tips. :eek: J/k folks J/k

I've never encountered button pushers or rail riders on my cruises, but the stair sitters do drive me crazy! On our recent cruise, and entire family group seemed to be meeting by the stairs and they were just sitting there, probably 12-15 of them when we came by. Yes, there are multiple sets of stairs, and I went around them to another set, but I did give them the stink-eye on my way past!

A way to take care of the stair hogs

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1143683&highlight=stair+hogs+tomato+juice

I would block the button pushers from getting off and make them ride the entire trip and see how funny they think it is (actually would LIKE to do that but don't think I would have the hutzpah to confine a child in an elevator--although it would make a point)

I think that if you did confine a child in the elevator, you'd be the one looking at trouble. It is truly irritating when anyone pushes all the buttons for "fun" and I wish parents would stop their children from doing it, but we can't do much about it without causing ourselves problems. Sigh.

As for stair sitters/blockers and rail sliders, I would have no qualms about taking their pictures and reporting them to security, et al. Those behaviors are safety issues and nothing to take lightly.

WOW! Bunch of abusive sadistic pedophiles here! wanting to break kids' fingers and kicking heads and all!

Just a note: Please look up the definition of pedophile before you sling it around so casually. As far as I know, there aren't any here and certainly no responses warrant that accusation.

beachchick

I just say "Excuse me!" and give them a hard stare until they move. No way would I use another staircase, just to suit them.

• 2 weeks later...
Had a "precious" little boy, probably 9 or 10, get on our elevator and proceed to push all the buttons with us standing there. I looked at him with my motherly snake eye and told him that if I ever saw him do that again that I would personally drag him to the captain who I was certain would confine him to his cabin for the rest of the cruise. He got off at the next floor.

Did he do it again....probably, but I felt better not letting him get away with it on my watch.

Not funny kids, not funny.

I would have ridden the entire elevator and not let him out!

Had a "precious" little boy, probably 9 or 10, get on our elevator and proceed to push all the buttons with us standing there. I looked at him with my motherly snake eye and told him that if I ever saw him do that again that I would personally drag him to the captain who I was certain would confine him to his cabin for the rest of the cruise. He got off at the next floor.

Did he do it again....probably, but I felt better not letting him get away with it on my watch.

Not funny kids, not funny.

I do the same thing ..

Archived