Do you use your own beach towels on excursions ?

braz88

Do you pack your own beach towels or do you just use the cruise line provided towels for pool and excursions ?

If you do use the carnival towels will the room steward replace them with clean ones daily ?

Do you pack your own beach towels or do you just use the cruise line provided towels for pool and excursions ?

If you do use the carnival towels will the room steward replace them with clean ones daily ?

We always use the ships towels. No need for added stuff in your luggage.

You are entitled to 2 towels per person. You trade them in for clean ones on the lido deck everyday.

Just make sure you do not loose them....They charge you $25, so do not leave them on the beach:)

always use the ships beach towels.

steward will replace them, or if you need them swapped earlier, do it at the towel stand on the lido deck.

We always use the ships towels. No need for added stuff in your luggage.

You are entitled to 2 towels per person. You trade them in for clean ones on the lido deck everyday.

Just make sure you do not loose them....They charge you $25, so do not leave them on the beach:)

We just put the dirty beach towels on the bathroom floor with the used bath towels and the steward replaces them with fresh towels. No need to make a special trip to the Lido to trade them in.

We just put the dirty beach towels on the bathroom floor with the used bath towels and the steward replaces them with fresh towels. No need to make a special trip to the Lido to trade them in.

Yes dear, I know. I have been cruising for 30 years. There is a a couple of reasons, I state it this way.

1. Many times pax are charged for a towel when they leave it in their room. It is your word against theirs whether the steward retrieved it or not.

2. More courteous to your room steward. (sandy towels from the beach on the bathroom floor) ....

3. You go to the lido deck everyday. Why not drop them off in the bin ...and you are also allowed to get 2pp instead of one in your cabin. There is also a record of what you took and turned in.

I have always found the Carnival towels too big & bulky for taking on excursions. I purchased one of those super absorbent towels and take that along with a white sheet if going to the beach - these two items take less room than 1 Carnival towel.

I just wanted to add one more thing if I may.

I forget which cruise line does this (too old to remember lol)

Perhaps it is Celebrity.

They leave big bins outside the ship for when you return. You can drop off all of you wet and sandy towels and get clean, dry ones upon entering the ship. NO SAND all over your cabin or anywhere else. :)

I wish they ALL did this.

I've been on two cruise and (believe it or not) I haven't been in a pool or to the beach for swimming. My next cruise I plan to go to swimming at Half Moon Cay. I will take my beach towel from my room and return it to the room for the steward to switch with a clean one.

My question is, if you are on the Lido deck and feel like going for a swim in the pool/hot tub, do you get a towel from the towel hut or go to your room and get your beach towel?

I've been on two cruise and (believe it or not) I haven't been in a pool or to the beach for swimming. My next cruise I plan to go to swimming at Half Moon Cay. I will take my beach towel from my room and return it to the room for the steward to switch with a clean one.

My question is, if you are on the Lido deck and feel like going for a swim in the pool/hot tub, do you get a towel from the towel hut or go to your room and get your beach towel?

you can do either, but if you take a towel, you will have to put your s&s up with a charge of $25, which is then refunded when you return it.

you can do either, but if you take a towel, you will have to put your s&s up with a charge of $25, which is then refunded when you return it.

Do they take your s&s card or just write down the number? I think we wrote down our folio number when we checked out golf balls/clubs last time. Is this the same concept?

We just check them out at the pool hut or Serenity deck. Then you don't have to carry them around much.

I have always found the Carnival towels too big & bulky for taking on excursions.

I agree.. the Carnival beach towels are way too big and heavy to bother carrying around on an excursion to the beach or resort. We take our own light weight towels that we can afford to lose, plus they have a unique design and won't get confused as someone else's from the ship.

Archived