Just back from Caribbean Princess - any questions

Skintman

Did they offer lunch in the MDR on port days?

3 x MDR. One for set times and 2 for anytime dining. Not open for lunch every day - not sure if they were open on sea or port days - sorry.

Dining room not open for lunch on port days.

Yes we did have a good time, but we do feel a bit "cruised out" as we've done 2 in five weeks and I don't think I could have stood many more days on the ship. I have already done a detailed review - should be posted soon.

Positives - interesting itinerary, fab staff and superb service - no evidence of any cutbacks at all, staff everywhere. Great value - cruise at these prices while you can - they won't last. Food pretty good in general. Pleasant ship. Cabin was normal standard. We've sailed with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, MSC and Princess and they're all pretty similar IMHO.

Negatives - the ship was full - we recieved a call a few days before departure saying they were overbooked and would we like to cancel for a full refund - er no!! The buffet was packed virtually every meal, unless you ate at unusual times. First time we have known a ship so full. There was a short wait some evenings for anytime dining, with a pager system used, but we never had to wait long. The 10.15 show was packed every night - arrive a minute late and you'd not get a seat!!

We never had any difficulty getting off at ports - we always waited until the initial surge was over and just wandered off. No problems getting back on at any stage. :cool:[/QU

Thanks so much for your interesting and to the point answers.

I appreciate.

Entertainment was good. Shows were varied and well peformed. We always went to the later 10.15 show and it was packed everynight.

Plenty of music around the ship in the lounges and the Piazza. After the show, we did sometimes struggle to find seats in the lounges, so it was popular.

We were also on this cruise, the Princess shows in the theatre were the 30 min shows and where OK. The individual acts in the theatre with the exception of the violinist from Swansea (Wales) were extremely poor, and more of a standard suited to 'UK Working Mens Clubs' not Princess standard.

Lounge acts were very good, can recommend Paul Burton in Crooners and both bands - Superfly & Retrospect..

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. We board the CP next Monday and we are getting excited. What time did they let passengers board on embarkation day? Thanks for taking all our questions.

Hi Texas - We did not board until the afternoon, as we wanted to avoid the intitial rush, so I do not know what time first embarkation is.

Hi Newport Dave - just shows how individual entertainment is. We liked all of the acts in the shows including the violinist and we also enjoyed Paul in Crooners, though we could rarely get a seat, but I thought Superfly and Retrospect were average at best. "Very poor" seems a bit harsh. :eek:

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. We board the CP next Monday and we are getting excited. What time did they let passengers board on embarkation day? Thanks for taking all our questions.

Are you talking about the same ship? CP is the Coral. CB is the Caribbean.

Priority embarkation started around 11:30. When we boarded June 19th, we were in our cabin by 11:45.

Pia or anyone else who knows;

How does the 'priority boarding' work? We are qualified, but in Beijing we just got on when the bus arrived for our 3-day tour, and walked right through regular embark without a hitch, because it was quite late. This time, in Southhampton, we will be exiting the hotel at 11'ish and going through early. Where specifically do we go to get 'priority'? Never have before.

And if we don't use it, we are scheduled for 3:30 [ouch!].

Doug

Pia or anyone else who knows;

How does the 'priority boarding' work? We are qualified, but in Beijing we just got on when the bus arrived for our 3-day tour, and walked right through regular embark without a hitch, because it was quite late. This time, in Southhampton, we will be exiting the hotel at 11'ish and going through early. Where specifically do we go to get 'priority'? Never have before.

And if we don't use it, we are scheduled for 3:30 [ouch!].

Doug

Doug, don't pay attention to what's in your personalizer. I think ours said 2:30. We just got out of the taxi, gave our bags to the handlers and walked in the door. This was a little after 11. There were lots of people already in a snaking line and i asked a rep where to wait since we are Elite. Oh, she said, just go right into that door. Into that door meant two people standing there doing nothing, just waiting for the priority folks. Ask and ye shall receive.

We were supposed to have staggered boarding in Southampton on the 20th July, but they were letting you boars whenever you liked. I think they started boarding around 1130, and we boarded with no problems at 1245, when we were given a,time of 1430.

We were also on this cruise, the Princess shows in the theatre were the 30 min shows and where OK. The individual acts in the theatre with the exception of the violinist from Swansea (Wales) were extremely poor, and more of a standard suited to 'UK Working Mens Clubs' not Princess standard.

Lounge acts were very good, can recommend Paul Burton in Crooners and both bands - Superfly & Retrospect..

Good to know. We dislike the shorter shows & will avoid the ship unless there aren't any other options.

Archived