Tuxedo rental

I love to rent a tux... why?

I wear a suit everyday to work. I hate the thoughts of having to take a suit... so much that I threaten not to do formal nights, just because I hate the thoughts of having to wear a suit while on vacation. Plus, taking a suit, means taking a pair of dress shoes, shirts, ties, etc. which is a lot of extra packing.

The tux rental is just around $100... and for me it means no packing 'work' clothes and I feel its a good value in my case. Wearing a suit is no special occasion for me. Wearing a tux is.

I love to rent a tux... why?

I wear a suit everyday to work. I hate the thoughts of having to take a suit... so much that I threaten not to do formal nights, just because I hate the thoughts of having to wear a suit while on vacation. Plus, taking a suit, means taking a pair of dress shoes, shirts, ties, etc. which is a lot of extra packing.

The tux rental is just around $100... and for me it means no packing 'work' clothes and I feel its a good value in my case. Wearing a suit is no special occasion for me. Wearing a tux is.

Is that for one night only, or for the cruise?

It is for the length of the cruise. It is in your state room when you arrive and you leave it in your stateroom when you leave.

I'm on a 15 night cruise which makes that really good value. I was looking at the website given above and it doesn't mention length of your cruise.

Can this be arranged on the ship with them taking the measurements or must you book these in advance?

I'm on a 15 night cruise which makes that really good value. I was looking at the website given above and it doesn't mention length of your cruise.

Can this be arranged on the ship with them taking the measurements or must you book these in advance?

There is information on the RCCL website regarding measurements needed, my husband printed this and took it to Men's Wearhouse where they measured him. He than filled out the online form. The Tux was waiting for him the day we boarded the ship. I believe there were 2 shirts and you could send one to the laundry for the 3rd formal night. If I remember correctly that's included. There's usually a coupon in your coupon book for a discount.

d

As stated above the DH ordered his ahead of time but, I believe you can order them after you board.

d

It is kind of a hassle having a fitting on the ship. They have a limited time for the fittings and on the second day when there is so much else you can do. I just used a cloth measuring tape (every mother or favorite aunt has them in their spare button box) and put the measurements on the online form. Plus you pay for it upfront so you can have more fun money on the ship. The tuxedo will be hanging in your closet the first formel night. Make sure you try it on asap last time my sleeves were a little too long. The option with a couple of different colors is a good thing. One night I was dressed exactly like the waiters so ask what they will wearing so no one makes you wait on tables. ;)

It is kind of a hassle having a fitting on the ship. They have a limited time for the fittings and on the second day when there is so much else you can do. I just used a cloth measuring tape (every mother or favorite aunt has them in their spare button box) and put the measurements on the online form. Plus you pay for it upfront so you can have more fun money on the ship. The tuxedo will be hanging in your closet the first formel night. Make sure you try it on asap last time my sleeves were a little too long. The option with a couple of different colors is a good thing. One night I was dressed exactly like the waiters so ask what they will wearing so no one makes you wait on tables. ;)

Using the new rental setup and not "cruiseline formal" which was the company who used to provide the rentals, means that the charge is added to your Sea Pass account and so you don't pay upfront (unless it's changed as this has been the case for us for the past few times). This also enables you to apply any discount coupons in your C&A booklet to your account.

Tux was there for husband upon embarkation.

Tried it on perfect fit.

They forgot the 2 pair of socks he ordered.

We had our receipt from home, took it to CL, and he recredited $12 to our account. Offered to get DH socks, but, he said forget it he brought enough from home.

Safe travels

Sue and crew.

If you're not comfortable taking the measurements yourself, print out the form and take it to a tux or clothing store they will usually do the measurements for you. We were in a wedding party on a wedding cruise. The groom called a local clothing store and they agreed to do all the fittings. You have to admit it's a good way to get people into their store. We just used the measurements to reserve the tux on line.

• 1 month later...

In the picture on the rental site they show a stand up style collar on the shirt but in the description it says you get two lay down collars.

Anybody have any experience with this?

My DH would really like to have the 'old school' traditional stand up collar if he is going to rent.

Archived