Toulon to Aix en Provence

barbon2

Hi,

Have read that Aix in Provence is a very lovely place to spend a day. We looked at the tour offered by the ship and it is only for 5 hours, included in this is an hour's ride each way.

We would really like to find a driver to take us there so we have a little more time to explore.

We are doing drivers in the other ports in France and Italy, but cannot seem to find a recommended driving service here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Barb

We also don't want to take our ship's excursion to Aix-en-Provence for several reasons and one of them is like you mentioned because it's only for 5 hours (really 3 after the hour drive each way). Plus we don't want to be on a bus with a whole group of people. We much rather do our own thing.

After doing some research I decided that there aren't as many companies in this port as others plus the ones that were available we found their quote to be more expensive than other ports. Some wanted 600 - 650 Euros for 7 hours for 3 people...a little more than we want to spend.

We ended up renting a car and this way we can drive where we want and get about 8 hours out of the day.

Have you thought about renting a car? If you do find a company that's reasonable would appreciate you posting or hopefully someone from the boards has a company that's reasonable.

Hi,

We really do not want to rent a car. We are not going until May 2013, so we have time to research this. We are going with another couple so if we can find transportation we are splitting it anyway. Our stop in Toulon is not on a Sunday, so the shops, etc., will be open the day we go to Ax-En-Provence.

Will post if I find transportation in this area.

Barb

The shops in the tourist areas were open and there were artists with their work on the main streets. There was a farmer's market and an antique book fair on Sunday. The $110 we paid for the two of us was about right. Would not have liked to have spent a couple of hundred dollars on the trip.

I have done extensive research for this port and found a taxi company that will transport 8 people from the port to Aix and return to the port for 300 euro (no tour guide). We have scheduled a pick-up at the port in Toulon at 8:30 AM, returning to the port at 4:00 PM. I have been communicating with Sylvie at Les Taxis Du Puy, email is taxipascal at neuf dot fr. I have never heard of them, but we are taking a chance with them in November. I will advise of service when we return home in December.

• 3 months later...
I have done extensive research for this port and found a taxi company that will transport 8 people from the port to Aix and return to the port for 300 euro (no tour guide). We have scheduled a pick-up at the port in Toulon at 8:30 AM, returning to the port at 4:00 PM. I have been communicating with Sylvie at Les Taxis Du Puy, email is taxipascal at neuf dot fr. I have never heard of them, but we are taking a chance with them in November. I will advise of service when we return home in December.

Any chance you are on the Celebrity Equinox, Transatlantic Nov 26th from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale?

We used Catherine D'Auntonio (spelling) in Toulon. Other than a delay that messed up our plans but wasn't her fault, we were very happy with her.

Do a google on Tour Designer in provence.

We did Aix-en-Provence for a walking tour and then Cassis.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to let everyone know about our private taxi from the Port in Toulon to Aix-en-Provence. Our group of 8 booked Les Taxis Du Puy for taxi service only not knowing how things would turn out...it was a great experience. They were at the port at 8:30 AM as scheduled, dropped us off in Aix, then picked us up at a specified time and location in Aix and returned us to the ship. Total for 8 people was 300 euro + tip.

If anyone is interested in taxi service only, do not hesitate to contact Sylvie at taxipascal @ neuf.fr (omit all spaces). Their website is les taxis du puy.fr. We will definitely use them again next time we are in Southern France.

Wanted to let everyone know about our private taxi from the Port in Toulon to Aix-en-Provence. Our group of 8 booked Les Taxis Du Puy for taxi service only not knowing how things would turn out...it was a great experience. They were at the port at 8:30 AM as scheduled, dropped us off in Aix, then picked us up at a specified time and location in Aix and returned us to the ship. Total for 8 people was 300 euro + tip.

If anyone is interested in taxi service only, do not hesitate to contact Sylvie at taxipascal @ neuf.fr (omit all spaces). Their website is les taxis du puy.fr. We will definitely use them again next time we are in Southern France.

Did they request down payment or did you just pay day of tour?

Elcruzer: They did request a down payment on a credit card but we advised them we do not give our credit card number via the internet. It took a little persuading and they finally agreed not to take a deposit. We did keep in touch via email prior to our departure. I also emailed them once we arrived at the ship, and again 2 days before we were to be met by their driver. Our male driver, Michele (sp), was really great and answered any questions we had for him. From our experience I would not hesitate to use them again. All my communications were with Sylvie.

Elcruzer: They did request a down payment on a credit card but we advised them we do not give our credit card number via the internet. It took a little persuading and they finally agreed not to take a deposit. We did keep in touch via email prior to our departure. I also emailed them once we arrived at the ship, and again 2 days before we were to be met by their driver. Our male driver, Michele (sp), was really great and answered any questions we had for him. From our experience I would not hesitate to use them again. All my communications were with Sylvie.

Thanks for posting all the info. I will not use a company that requests credit card info in foreign countries either.

Archived