Where do you stay the night before?

mrs.cog

Is there a rental car agency at the port, or near by? How do we rent a car at the airport, get to the cruise port, then reverse on the way home? (I know there is a rental agency at the airport of course, but what about the port?) Thank you!

When you book the car make sure to note you'll be picking it up at the airport but dropping it off at the port, and vice versa for after the cruise.

We use Budget, Dollar, or Thrifty. Budget has one that is about 1/2 mile away, and the other two have locations listed as "Port Canaveral". I'm not sure of the actual distance though.

Is there a rental car agency at the port, or near by? How do we rent a car at the airport, get to the cruise port, then reverse on the way home? (I know there is a rental agency at the airport of course, but what about the port?) Thank you!

Book a one-way rental with Hertz, Budget, or Avis for pick-up at MCO and drop-off in Cape Canaveral. Do the reverse when the cruise ends.

I fly to Orlando several days pre-cruise and stay at Disney World. :)

This is my first post --- and our first cruise.. We're sailing on the Disney Dream in November and originally I planned on parking at Port Canaveral. Then decided it might be better to do the Park/Sleep/Cruise.

Has anyone stayed at the La Quinta or Days Inn in Cocoa? Both advertise free parking and shuttle to the port. Any information would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Book a one-way rental with Hertz, Budget, or Avis for pick-up at MCO and drop-off in Cape Canaveral. Do the reverse when the cruise ends.

I fly to Orlando several days pre-cruise and stay at Disney World. :)

Nancy,

We're thinking of doing exactly the same, however, we intend to go on Oasis first from FL. We also plan renting a car from MCO, spending a few days in Disney first, driving down to Port Everglades (off hiring the car) and cruising on Oasis, then drive back up to Port Canaveral to join Enchantment. Does this sound easy enough to you? I think Hertz has offices at all of these destinations? Have you used them before?

Nancy,

We're thinking of doing exactly the same, however, we intend to go on Oasis first from FL. We also plan renting a car from MCO, spending a few days in Disney first, driving down to Port Everglades (off hiring the car) and cruising on Oasis, then drive back up to Port Canaveral to join Enchantment. Does this sound easy enough to you? I think Hertz has offices at all of these destinations? Have you used them before?

I haven't rented from Hertz, but last year I rented from Alamo at the WDW Dolphin for drop-off at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. The major car rental companies at MCO will have an office at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport for dropping-off the car. You don't have to rent from the same company each direction, so I'd choose the least expensive. Hertz, Budget, Avis, Dollar, and Thrifty have rental locations in Cape Canaveral, and I've used Budget and Avis.

Archived