Where do you stay the night before?

mrs.cog

We will be leaving on the Freedom next summer out of Port Canaveral. Where do you stay the night before? Would love if they offer free transportation to the port the morning of the cruise. Thanks so much for you ideas!

We have stayed at the Caribe Royal twice and the Hyatt Regency.we prefer the Caribe better,just seems more accommodating to us,and they have a little store on property that we get breakfast at. The sit down breakfast at Hyatt is very expensive ! We use Royals transfers to the ship and to the airport when we are done.

Just wanted to say thanks for asking this question and wanted to post so I can easily find this thread as we are sailing in November and should book a hotel for the night before soon. If anyone has any other recommendations it'd be a great help.

Times have changed for the Raddison.

When you stay there the free transfer does not exist anymore. All members of your party must pay $4 for the transfer.

It is a money maker for them now.

They offer a park and cruise special for 5.95 a night.

Those people also pay to shuttle to port.

We just stayed there July 22.

Yes, it is aging.

Did not use shuttle.

Took AAA taxi, 3 adults, 5 suitcases $20 including tip.

Did not have to wait for anyone.

Leaving the ship we did RCI transfer to MCO.

Got off ship, but, waited till bus filled, almost 25 min.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

FYI The Port now imposes a fee to all shuttle companies to enter the port area, some stupid rule in Cocoa Beach. They have passed this fee onto the consumer.

We stay at the Residence Inn too. It's relatively new, full free breakfast and a very friendly staff. Just a block south of the port.

The Radisson is often recommended on Cruise Critic, but it has a lot of iffy reviews on TripAdvisor, so I would read those before choosing to book with them.

We love The Residence Inn

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mlbri-residence-inn-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach/

We stay here before every cruise we have been on~! I do believe we paid about $6.00 for the shuttle, but we didn't mind since we drive and they have free parking until our return.

This is our choice,great breakfast but they are now charging $5 a day parking fee.Still a bargain.

We like The Country Inn and Suites. Very close to the port. Decent breakfast. There is a shuttle but there may be a nominal fee. Depending on how many people may make sense to get a taxi instead.

BTW, if you have a rental car you're turning in the morning of your cruise you may be able to take advantage of their free shuttle to the port instead.

Thanks for posting this question, I was also looking at coming down a day early. How do you transfer from Orlando airport to these hotels in Cocoa Beach? Is there a shuttle service? I didn't think the ship's shuttle was available until the day of the cruise.

Thanks for posting this question, I was also looking at coming down a day early. How do you transfer from Orlando airport to these hotels in Cocoa Beach? Is there a shuttle service? I didn't think the ship's shuttle was available until the day of the cruise.

Check out the Florida Departures board for a wealth of info. We usually do a one-way car rental using an agency with an office in Cocoa Beach, such as Hertz, Avis, or Budget.

You have some choices.

Rental car

Hire a driver

Cocoa beach has a shuttle

Raddison will shuttle you if you stay there

All of them are for a fee.

Also a taxi, (believe it or not arround 80-100 bucks)

We hired a driver and were driven in.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. It's within walking distance to several restaurants, and there's free breakfast. They do have a shuttle but I don't know if there is a cost since we drove to the port.

We'll fly in the night before, rent a car, and stay at the Residence or 4 Points. The next morning we head over to the actual port to drop off the luggage we want to "check." Head over to drop off the rental car, and then get the free shuttle from the rental car lot.

We tried the Raddison, but weren't impressed. The outside is nice, but the rooms are definately showing its age.

Best Western Ocean Front Hotel and Suites

5600 N. Atlantic Ave.(A1A) • Cocoa Beach, FL 32931

Stayed in the ocean front tower with an ocean front balcony. Breach front with only a short walk to the Cocoa Beach Pier. They offer free breakfast, pool, and pool bar. Walking distance to Boston Beef & Seafood, Publix, Beef O'Brady's, Cheaters, Domino's, and Dollar King.

We have stayed at the Caribe Royal twice and the Hyatt Regency.we prefer the Caribe better,just seems more accommodating to us,and they have a little store on property that we get breakfast at. The sit down breakfast at Hyatt is very expensive ! We use Royals transfers to the ship and to the airport when we are done.

Are you reffering to the Hyatt Regency at the Orlando Airport? There is no Hyatt Regency in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area that I am aware of.....

We'll fly in the night before, rent a car, and stay at the Residence or 4 Points. The next morning we head over to the actual port to drop off the luggage we want to "check." Head over to drop off the rental car, and then get the free shuttle from the rental car lot.

Is there a rental car agency at the port, or near by? How do we rent a car at the airport, get to the cruise port, then reverse on the way home? (I know there is a rental agency at the airport of course, but what about the port?) Thank you!

Archived