the best key lime pie??

suesie

Can you help please...

where in Key West is the best Key Lime Pie?

My husband wants to go to Sloppy Joes, but is this the best place for it?

My friend who is coming with us has mentioned something about a frozen [?] key lime pie on a stick covered in chocolate...

but please help .....

where is the best key lime pie to be had?

Thanks

Susan

Just walk on up Greene St past Sloppy Joe's to Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe. He has terrific key lime pie as well as the chocolate covered frozen key lime pie on a stick.

Actually you can find his key lime pie on a stick all over town.

Mike:)

I have heard of a few places that have the best Key Lime pie....Kermit's being near the top. This is the very reason why we are doing a Key Lime Pie crawl. We will be visiting 4 Key Lime Pie shops/restaurants to have a "taste off" to determine which is the best.

I am open to suggestions from others for places to try!

Heather

There are several very good ones that will not be open during the day; but you need to make sure that Blue Heaven is on your list.

Also you can catch The Key Lime Pie Company on your left going up Greene St before you reach Kermit's on the right.

We can't wait for another serving of frozen key lime covered in chocolate on a stick...... :) We haven't been to Key West for a few years and I miss that treat.

We'll be there in the fall. Last time we had it was at the top of the dock. We walked straight up the long pier and there was a key lime/ice cream shop facing us. Delicious.

The original that I grew up knowing was made with a flaky pastry crust, lime curd folded into a bunch of beaten egg whites, topped with more egg whites and lightly browned under the broiler. Don't know exactly how the "instant" version became so popular, or when. In our family (Southerners) our favorite still is the cooked version.

The original that I grew up knowing was made with a flaky pastry crust, lime curd folded into a bunch of beaten egg whites, topped with more egg whites and lightly browned under the broiler. Don't know exactly how the "instant" version became so popular, or when. In our family (Southerners) our favorite still is the cooked version.

You can still get that at Blue Heaven on the corner of Thomas and Petronia Sts.

If you want the original Key Lime Pie then it's still available in KW. As mentioned, Blue Heaven or Salute. Both are sister restaurants and both make it the traditional way. By the way, I really like Jack Flatts for bar food, cold beer and watching football but their Key Lime Pie is frozen thawed pie. Think something that you would buy at the local grocery such as Edwards.

Here is link to a photo from Blue Heaven.

https://plus.google.com/104520995103853812117/about?hl=en#104520995103853812117/about

Archived