Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

Well, this family of 4 just booked this for our Liberty cruise in October. :D We already get priority embarkation due to sons' disabilities' (as mentioned earlier), but to get 5 or 6 pieces of luggage to our cabin when we get on the ship, and to be able to get into our cabin, means the world to us. There is only 1 tender port on this cruise, so not sure if that part will be worth it. We also do YTD, and have never had a wait for our preferred table, so don't know if this will be worth it. Would love to stay on the ship at the end of the cruise as long as possible because we can't get into our hotel in Orlando until after 4 pm. I will report back after the cruise to tell you if it was worth it.

The reason is because Carnival is offering it. Sorry but it is Carnivals decision.

I agree.

If you don't really like how Carnival is running the business then choose one the many other fine cruise lines.

From what I read on the Carnival board RCI and NCL are just about perfect...and cheaper too.

Maybe I should consider RCI for my winter MR cruise from LA/Long Beach.

Agree 100%! Booked on NCL 2 bedroom haven suite for less than the aft-wrap on the Miracle!

nobody can doubt that in the odd case you can find a cruise cheaper on other lines than Carnival...I would hazzard a pretty good guess that a majority of comparable cruises (dates, length, class of ship, etc) are cheaper on Carnival than the others. I would like to try NCL perhaps and booked RCI Independence of the Seas for the same price as our Breeze....cancelled RCI as I couldn't spend the same amount of money for a cruise 2 less days and inferior Islands..

As my fellow Ontario mate says we Cruise Carnival first for value..when the others compare on the cruises we want we will have an easier time switching to test the waters. For now, they run $400-$700 more which I cannot justify...

I also feel that it is not good to give (or sell) the same benefits to just anyone that the loyal vips have cruised so many times to get...

23 cruises and cant even reach Diamond status... yet anyone can buy in and have the same perks as me. Oh well... it is what it is and nothing will change it anymore than they changed grandfathering those close to Milestone to Diamond.

I am wondering about something though... they are saying you have your choice between early or late debarkation.... I have been reading on the blog and fb page, about the self debark becoming so crowded because so many people are choosing to do this...

Is it possible that self debark will be taken away in the future and the choices will be early or late? I hope not because many people use the self debark when they have early flights... just wondering on that one...

This is not going over too well on the facebook page. The negative comments far outweigh the positive.

:eek: whoa...some irate people, many with excellent points

I wonder with that response, if this little idea will get pulled??? I would think they would get the hint that this isn't a popular plan.

This is what happnes when you have a finance guy in charge. He knows NOTHING of customer appreciation. He's a numbers guy, He is totally left-brained.

Very true! Soon people will forget there was a time it did not exist

!

The new customers CCL is targeting won't care. It's the old, loyal ones that leave that will forget...while they're sipping their foo-foo on another line. ;)

You are 100% right...it is an assumption on my part. But, I will say that if I was running Carnival, I would do my damndest to keep my fares as low as possible knowing that there are customers that only cruise Carnival because they are the lowest price. Raise the price and risk them going elsewhere. It would be sheer stupidity to do otherwise.

As nice as that sounds, it really is not realistic. Market demand dicatates cabin prices. That's why a cruise on xmas can be cheaper than one in October. Why not charge less for a xmas cruise? That's silly as the market says there is more demand for that period. It is like if you sell your car- you do want top dollar for it, right?

Because the market dictates price, they can't simply raise cabin prices as that would result in sailing partially full. The only other way to increase profit is to cut corners and raise on ship revenue.

Agree 100%! Booked on NCL 2 bedroom haven suite for less than the aft-wrap on the Miracle!

Are you comparing your November 8 Jewel to your December 24 Miracle? The Miracle covers both Christmas & New Years. Hardly an apples to apples comparison! That Miracle cruise is at an extra premium rate due to it covering both holidays.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Are you comparing your November 8 Jewel to your December 24 Miracle? The Miracle covers both Christmas & New Years. Hardly an apples to apples comparison! That Miracle cruise is at an extra premium rate due to it covering both holidays.

It's November 18th not the 8th, which falls during Thanksgiving, and not it's not the December 24th sailing, it's the July 25th sailing we just did. Although the Miracle is 1 extra day, the Jewel is $ 1800 less! Oh, yeah, plus $800 OBC on the Jewel! And it's also less than the December 24th sailing!

I have mixed feelings about this. We live locally and always one of the first on the ship. I feel bad for those who earned these perks and now anybody can simply pay for them. At the same time, I have paid to be upgraded in almost any arena; planes, hotels, rental cars, etc and there are plenty of people with loyalty to those companies who have earned first class, suites and priority car upgrades.

At the end of the day, would I pay for this, maybe on a longer cruise that has lots of stops, dining options and a great room. But when my next cruise is a simply interior just to get away, I am heading tom the bar and pool first. Who cares when my luggage gets to the room.

I think that the more cruises one has with Carnival, the more likely they are going to feel this is NOT a good idea. Those with fewer sailings, and thus really no perks, are MUCH more likely to buy in to this as a great opportunity.

Carnival never asked me how I felt...

I wonder if they only sent this survey to certain groups of people based on their cruise count... as they likely knew that those who had EARNED the perks would not, for the most part, feel positively about this!

Tom

I think you're right. I've been Platinum on CCL for a couple years now...

They never asked me how I felt about it either.

I think you're right. I've been Platinum on CCL for a couple years now...

They never asked me how I felt about it either.

They always say they poll people...but I have never been asked nor has anyone I know that sails CCL (which is quite a lot of people)...not counting these boards. I wonder how many people here have been polled on this or any other matter????????????:confused:

or is that 'extensive guest survey' just bull?.....brilliant bull, of course :rolleyes:

It seems odd that the Imagination, which does 3- and 4-night cruises, is one of the two ships selected for a trial.

I suspect it may be because the Imagination and Liberty share the same terminal. This program will take some re-jigging of the terminal.

I for one.....resent being called a "know it all" just because I think a LOYALTY PROGRAM should actually be that....and not for sale

You may feel less resentful if you read what was written, instead of reacting to what you inferred.

My comments directed at those Platinum/Diamond cruisers who are upset were quite obvious.

The comment which you responded to was aimed exactly at those I referenced in said comment - those on the CCL board who continue to post negative opinions about every single change that is made, who seem to think they know exactly why Carnival is doing what they are doing and exactly how is is going to turn out even before it has been implemented - the "know-it-alls".

If you fall into the category above, by all means, feel free to resent my comment all you like. It doesn't make it any less valid.

It's the bottom line that counts. If you could cruise ANY other cruise line for 25-50% less than Carnival would you do it? I most certainly think you would. So really, how loyal are you? It's easy to be loyal to Carnival. They consitantly offers a great product for a great price.

Our first cruise - an aft wrap was the same price as, if not LOWER, than a standard midship balcony cabin on RCL, NCL, Princess and HAL. My loyalty lies in my pocketbook and I'm sure it does with most of you out there too. That's why is easy to stay loyal to Carnival.

JMO - go ahead and flame me if you must. I just felt this needed to be said.

Im getting tired of people saying Carnival is the cheapest cruiseline.

I do cruise other cruiseline but grew up on CCl and am dissapointed with what it has become.

My upcoming NCL cruises are hump upper deck Balcony cabins cheaper than what I could get with CCL besides $125 OBC from the TA and another $75 OBC from the cruiseline. How is Carnival cheaper

On RCCL my balcony discount brings the price of the cruise almost to the same as CCL and when I make Diamond next cruise it will will be the same or lower

I went ahead and bought this pass for my liberty cruise today just to say that I tried it. At the checkout screen it showed that they had 12 passes left, I did I dummy reservation after i was done paying and it went down to 11 so I'm guessing that it really is limited... Are they pulling my leg??? Will know when I get to port I guess... Btw... If some of you want to try it out, remember to use promotion code BGD001 to get 10% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I chime in with the same feeling that Carnival is taking away from their "brilliant" loyalty program. Since we started cruising 12 years ago, we have stayed loyal to Carnival, but I no longer feel that this is going to be the case. Selling perks that many many people have stayed loyal to Carnival to earn those perks is a very bad move in my opinion.but of course, I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter to Carnival! :rolleyes:

Pat

I don't know how I'd feel if I was high up the ladder on perks, but I think this new program sounds okay and will bring in some revenue to offset rate increases. I think the term Loyal isn't always loyalty to Carnival to the point one says they must stay with one line. A good deal of loyalty is for the cost of the cruise and it's relaxed atmosphere.

People must also remember, that loyalty programs were set up years ago when cruising wasn't such a big thing, no mega ships, no extras like we have now. They had to entice people to come. Now they are loaded with loyalists, giving perks. This new program will increase some revenue.

Will it work? Who knows.

PT Barnum had it right, "There is a sucker born every minute." Those of you who cruise only (or the majority of the time) on Carnival for the promise of perks in the future are a sucker. If you enjoy a cruiseline then buy a cabin and enjoy it. Perks are incidental. I especially love the posters who tell us how hard they worked for these perks. Are you shoveling coal on your cruise?

I'm sure this thread and others on the new program will go on forever just like when the VIFP program was started. Lots of gnashing of teeth on that one.

Who's up for another smoking thread?

The benefits are diluted. Would you care if they overnight, doubled the amount of dollars out on the market and devalued the dollar by 50%? Hey, they didn't take anything away from you, you are still getting the same of dollars each week in your paycheck, only problem is that everything now costs double!

Early tendering? Yup, you still get it, only you might have to wait behind a lot of people who bought the "ftf" package so instead of being on the first tender, maybe second or third or... who knows?

VIP boarding is not very VIP when you are massed with hundreds of other VIP's. I was on Princess last month, a cruise line known for cruiser loyalty and probably a third of the ship was plat and above and it took a while to get on board.

Not true. DW and I are Platinum, and the VIP lounge is still available only to those cruisers that are Platinum, Diamond, or booked in a suite. Those who purchase, still go thru the regular line, but are pushed to the front of that line. We gained early room access and express luggage delivery.

Now, do we like all the changes? No, but we still feel CCL is a good price for our vacations. We are looking at NCL for our next, not because we are unhappy with NCL, but we want to try something different and the pic looks neat.

They always say they poll people...but I have never been asked nor has anyone I know that sails CCL (which is quite a lot of people)...not counting these boards. I wonder how many people here have been polled on this or any other matter????????????:confused:

or is that 'extensive guest survey' just bull?.....brilliant bull, of course :rolleyes:

i got quite an extensive online survey last year or even earlier, taking about 10 minutes to complete. one of the questions did involve buying perks.

others were priority seating at shows and such.

i wasn't too happy with many of the questions.

I just popped over to the fb page.. yep, even his most loyal such as "Big Ed" are seeing this as not so good..

I also read that the people who book this will be in the same security line and xray line as platinum and diamond vips and then will split into another line at checkin while vips go the the lounge.. I see this as making it take longer to board for those vips... also... about the test program... this is just a test... if it works...then what? Will they do away with the loyalty program altogether and only offer such perks to those that buy in? I hope not... I really hope not...

Im getting tired of people saying Carnival is the cheapest cruiseline.

I do cruise other cruiseline but grew up on CCl and am dissapointed with what it has become.

My upcoming NCL cruises are hump upper deck Balcony cabins cheaper than what I could get with CCL besides $125 OBC from the TA and another $75 OBC from the cruiseline. How is Carnival cheaper

On RCCL my balcony discount brings the price of the cruise almost to the same as CCL and when I make Diamond next cruise it will will be the same or lower

I don't know why people seem to want to believe CCL is always cheaper.

I just priced out a transatlantic on Epic for 2013 and it was so cheap and I am sick I can't book it because my dh can't get that many days off from work. (a cabin on deck 14 with extra large balcony for $85 pp/pd! :eek:)

I am seriously upset I can't take advantage of that...

In the mean time I am sailing in Feb for about $114 pp/pd in a balcony cabin on another NCL ship which is less than what I have paid on my last few CCL cruises.

My upcoming NCL is a bit pricey, but it's a suite so that's expected...that ran about $228 pp/pd but for what you get when booking a suite on NCL, I will get more than what I paid for, for sure. Plus, it's Bermuda, which is always a bit pricey to start with....oh and I now have $900 OBC for that one, so that certainly offsets the cruise cost a bit ;)

My upcoming NCL is a bit pricey, but it's a suite so that's expected...that ran about $228 pp/pd but for what you get when booking a suite on NCL, I will get more than what I paid for, for sure. Plus, it's Bermuda, which is always a bit pricey to start with....oh and I now have $900 OBC for that one, so that certainly offsets the cruise cost a bit ;)

Not to be nosy, but how did you get so much OBC? As I mentioned in an earlier post, DW and I are looking at Epic, and curious about OBC.

Archived