Locker room /spa showers question

gigi1313

Are the locker room showers in the spa area open to the public or do you have to purchase a spa pass or service?

I have heard of another cruiseline that has them open with no purchase (during spa hours) and many customers of size prefer them over the cramped stateroom showers.

Any info would be appreciated :)

Actually, it depends on the ship. Some NCL ships, like the Sky do not have a thermal suite and do not offer a spa pass. On those ships, you just present your room card for a locker key and access to the sauna/steam/shower area.

Hope this helps.

The ship I'm asking about is the Jewel... Would that offer free shower access in either spa area or gym?

If you buy the thermal spa pass, yes you can access showers there. If you don't pay for the spa pass, no free showers. Just walk back to your room and shower.

Really? There's no showers at the gym?? They expect you to trudge back through the ship covered in sweat?

I'm leaving for my first NCL cruise in a few weeks (Star) and I'm shocked by this.

LOL, yea I guess your just going to have to rough it

How much is thermal spa pass for a 7day?

On the Gem in June it was still $129.00. Its not really 7 days either. If your on a 7 day cruise and leave on Saturday you can't really use the thermal suites until Sunday at 8 am. It closes 8 pm on Friday

The ship I'm asking about is the Jewel... Would that offer free shower access in either spa area or gym?

I have not been on the Jewel but I have been on the Pearl and the Gem. They are sister ships to the Jewel. Both the Gem and the Pearl had a locker/changing room with a shower and steam room in the fitness center. There was no charge for the use of this room. There was one for men and one for women. It was small but worked for a shower and change after a workout. This was different from the thermal suite which was a separate area and you needed to purchase a spa pass for.

I just got off the Dawn last week. There was no locker/changing room in the fitness center on this ship. There was a thermal suite though. I did not purchase it for this cruise. I think that it was 119.00 for the week though.

LOL, yea I guess your just going to have to rough it

Yeah no kidding!! I'm just amazed by this. Not even change rooms either! Who the heck okayed that idea? Glad to hear they learned their lesson on the newer ships. Oh well I guess I should've done more research. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it won't be a big deal once I'm on board but it just seems bloody crazy. Like selling a car without wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah no kidding!! I'm just amazed by this. Not even change rooms either! Who the heck okayed that idea? Glad to hear they learned their lesson on the newer ships. Oh well I guess I should've done more research. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it won't be a big deal once I'm on board but it just seems bloody crazy. Like selling a car without wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It worked out OK on the Dawn. I was a little surprised that there was no changing room. I was there almost every day and asked about this when I got the tour on the first day. On the Pearl and the Gem they did have them. I got the spa pass on these ships as the thermal suite was really great. I was not impressed with the thermal suite on the Dawn so I did not bother.

It all depends on how you see it;

Sky - if you work out and then you're planning to go to the pool, its right there, same deck just a door away; assuming that you're already with your trunks.

Also there are showers in the pool area that you can use to remove the sweat before entering the pool.

As mention, you can use the Spa Area by presenting your room key that way you can use the steam/dry sauna and take a shower before returning to your stateroom.

EPIC - The Gym is 1/2 decks away from the pool but the same as the SPA area, for that you will need to buy a pass either day or week.

for the other ships I don't recall using the gym

Any one know what it is on the POA?

Thanks.

I didn't see anything in the gym area. They did let me use the restroom in the spa area though. Didn't ask about showers as I wasn't working out on the ship. The spa does connect right to the gym though.

Really? There's no showers at the gym?? They expect you to trudge back through the ship covered in sweat?

Why not? It's not a big deal. Especially when you think of some of the people one sees on a cruise to start with :).

lol

We all have been warned....

Don't worry. I think we've decided to buy spa passes, if they aren't too outrageous for our voyage. I still think it's pretty bad form to not have the showers and changing rooms available to gym patrons though!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived