Reasons to Upgrade to a Suite on Allure of the Seas

dg624

I am sailing on the Allure on November 4, 2012 and have a superior view w/ balcony at the aft end of the ship. I am considering upgrading to a suite. Is it worth the price besides the room size? What other privileges are available? I had a suite on the Rhapsody in Alaska and had special seating for the shows. On Carnival, I got beach towels delivered to the room in the suite. Plus of course the VIP boarding lines. Thank you for your help.

One advantage to upgrading to a GS or better is that you are protected from the crowds starting at embarkation and ending with the concierge departure lounge with breakfast. You can go to shows without booking, never have to go to the guest services and have to wait in that horrible line, have full menu breakfast (which includes the upgraded OJ) and dinner menus delivered to your room, chocolates every night, suite access to the beach in Labadee with an upgraded lunch, which my husband said was the best, have your own dedicated sundeck with loungers, shade and bar, apparently luggage tags.

I also found the service from staff over and above.

I would recommend going with the suite on this size of the ship.

I am sailing on the Allure on November 4, 2012 and have a superior view w/ balcony at the aft end of the ship. I am considering upgrading to a suite. Is it worth the price besides the room size? What other privileges are available? I had a suite on the Rhapsody in Alaska and had special seating for the shows. On Carnival, I got beach towels delivered to the room in the suite. Plus of course the VIP boarding lines. Thank you for your help.

What are the differences in cost?

Here is my story. We were on Oasis in a JS in 2011, had a larger cabin, received double C&A points, and had priority embarkation. Paid 1500pp.

In 2012 we had three travelers and I wanted a cabana on Labadee. At the time of booking I did not know they were building cabanas at Nellies Beach that would be available under shore excursions. We paid 2200pp for a GS (divided 3 ways).

The Concierge Lounge was outstanding!!! The concierge Francis was unbelievable. We like a few cocktails and the CL was just about 50 paces from our room, 11660. Coincidence, think again. I picked that cabin specifically and it was amazing. Breakfast in the CL was soooo nice!

The suites only sundeck just above the Solaruim was also outstanding. I totally missed it the year before. (it is open to the public at 7:00PM as it is the cigar bar). The views are great and the bar was opened at 11am. Seeing a theme here? We sound like lushes. The area is so large that cigar smokers were not an issue if that bothers you.

In the end my sail and sign bill was exactly $700 less than the year before, so I got to cruise in a suite, with the perks, for the exact same price. I am now hopelessly spoiled. Sorry I got carried away, but it was a great cruise! I say go for it if at all possible. The cabana W3 was priceless!

Edited by NeuroQueen

With a Grand Suite or above, you get use of the Concierge Lounge which is really really nice on Allure. Complimentary food and drinks and the view overlooks the water show. You can actually stay there and watch it. And you have the Concierge services -- very convenient and as someone else mentioned, you don't have to stand in those awful lines.

We sailed on Allure in March of 2011 and will be sailing again this coming March. Great ship no matter what cabin you have, but we like to be comfortable. We have an Owners Suite. My pics are at http://public.fotki.com/carold36/allure/ -- there are pix of the suite as well as the ship.

Have a great cruise!!!

Here is my story. We were on Oasis in a JS in 2011, had a larger cabin, received double C&A points, and had priority embarkation. Paid 1500pp.

In 2012 we had three travelers and I wanted a cabana on Labadee. At the time of booking I did not know they were building cabanas at Nellies Beach that would be available under shore excursions. We paid 2200pp for a GS (divided 3 ways).

The Concierge Lounge was outstanding!!! The concierge Francis was unbelievable. We like a few cocktails and the CL was just about 50 paces from our room, 11660. Coincidence, think again. I picked that cabin specifically and it was amazing. Breakfast in the CL was soooo nice!

The suites only sundeck just above the Solaruim was also outstanding. I totally missed it the year before. (it is open to the public at 7:00PM as it is the cigar bar). The views are great and the bar was opened at 11am. Seeing a theme here? We sound like lushes. The area is so large that cigar smokers were not an issue if that bothers you.

In the end my sail and sign bill was exactly $700 less than the year before, so I got to cruise in a suite, with the perks, for the exact same price. I am now hopelessly spoiled. Sorry I got carried away, but it was a great cruise! I say go for it if at all possible. The cabana W3 was priceless!

Agree! Right now ours is too expensive at $2000 total more, but if the GS goes down, I would jump at the chance. BTW - I did reserve cabana at Nellie's, not quite the same, but.....

With a Grand Suite or above, you get use of the Concierge Lounge which is really really nice on Allure. Complimentary food and drinks and the view overlooks the water show. You can actually stay there and watch it. And you have the Concierge services -- very convenient and as someone else mentioned, you don't have to stand in those awful lines.

We sailed on Allure in March of 2011 and will be sailing again this coming March. Great ship no matter what cabin you have, but we like to be comfortable. We have an Owners Suite. My pics are at http://public.fotki.com/carold36/allure/ -- there are pix of the suite as well as the ship.

Have a great cruise!!!

My wife and I are going on the AOS nov 11th 2012, Those pictures were great. We are in 8729 inside but overlooking the Aquatic theatre. I thik that my TA took good care of me. I originally was on Deck 7, Usually I get Balcony ouside. but was talked into this room. TA says it is grat. Freddy

• 1 year later...

Have a great cruise!!!

Was viewing your pictures they look great!

Am looking at booking an OS for an upcoming AOTS cruise. What was your cabin number? And how was the room?

We are thinking of deck 11 but not having been on Allure before wasn't sure of good location. Any assistance would be appreciated:) (by anyone who has stayed in OS on Allure!)

Edited by Spurschick

I have been on many cruises in many suites and I would suggest, if possible, upgrade to an AFT crown loft suite. I still talk about it to this day, was the best suite I have ever been in. Seemed like an apartment and the view was great. We watched people from our balcony ziplining and surfing. Also, every night we could watch the show from the balcony. Besides all the other perks people have mentioned, this was the best cruise I have been on because of the suite. We had gotten a great price and at the time, the owner's suite was more expensive. So keep your eyes out for the pricing, and if you can, go for it. You will not be dissappointed

I have been on many cruises in many suites and I would suggest, if possible, upgrade to an AFT crown loft suite. I still talk about it to this day, was the best suite I have ever been in. Seemed like an apartment and the view was great. We watched people from our balcony ziplining and surfing. Also, every night we could watch the show from the balcony. Besides all the other perks people have mentioned, this was the best cruise I have been on because of the suite. We had gotten a great price and at the time, the owner's suite was more expensive. So keep your eyes out for the pricing, and if you can, go for it. You will not be dissappointed

Try for CL 1730. We have had that suite on both Oasis and Allure. Loved it.

These are both great suggestions. However, seeing as her trip came and went a year-and-a-half ago, it's probably too late!:rolleyes:

Thank you so much for the recommendation.

The only thing we don't like about the CL is that there is no tub.

If we have a suite we like a tub so not sure why they left one out:confused:

Try for CL 1730. We have had that suite on both Oasis and Allure. Loved it.

Thanks for the recommendation, again lack of tub is disappointing. We weren't sure on layout, looked small going into room from pictures/videos we have seen.