Do they have group discounts???

RIvacationgirl

Hello everyone. I am trying to plan a cruise for next summer to Bermuda for our friends and family. I was wondering if NCL gives any discounts if you book several rooms at the same time for a group? If so, how many people or rooms is the magic number before you get to the discounted level?

Thank you! :D

We are planning a large group next August on the Breakaway..you get a discount once you book 8 rooms....they gave us a booking number and you call the NCL agent that is assigned to your group, when you are ready to book...they give you a special event for you group..and other amenities .....

Our experience on Carnival a year ago was that you got the rate quoted for the group. If the online rate or special was better, too bad if you were booking as a part of the group. You could not get price adjustments based on price drops or specials. Maybe others have had different experiences, but that's what we encountered. Also, everyone in the group ended up with a GTY cabin, they couldn't select their cabin number.

We booked our own cabin outside the group and got the online rate. The cabin we booked for my partner's mother was through the group and was more than what the online rate was. Even when accounting for the amount each person was charged by the travel agency for the group's bus. (We drove ourselves.)

The only reason you had to get GTY on Carnival is if you book their Early Saver rate. If you booked their regular rates you would have been able to choose your cabin. When you are booking a group and want your cabins near each other, you should use the regular rates on Carnival - you don't save that much with those Early Saver rates and your cabins can be chosen near each other.

Sometimes the group rates are less expensive, sometimes not, but you get amenities for the group if you book early enough.

Often when booking group rates, the cruise lines do not allow you to book the least expensive cabin types - they have only certain cabin categories that can be added to a group so it is possible to get a cheaper price booking outside the group if you can book a lower room category.

But you could have had your booking added to the group booking so you would have received the same amenities. A good travel agent holding a group knows how to do this.

Our experience on Carnival a year ago was that you got the rate quoted for the group. If the online rate or special was better, too bad if you were booking as a part of the group. You could not get price adjustments based on price drops or specials. Maybe others have had different experiences, but that's what we encountered. Also, everyone in the group ended up with a GTY cabin, they couldn't select their cabin number.

We booked our own cabin outside the group and got the online rate. The cabin we booked for my partner's mother was through the group and was more than what the online rate was. Even when accounting for the amount each person was charged by the travel agency for the group's bus. (We drove ourselves.)

It would be my suggestion to contact a travel agency which specializes in cruises. Not only will you get a group rate, but in many cases, it will be lower than what NCL offers your directly. If you are the group leader, they will probably let you choose which amenities you can get if they open a group especially for you. And with NCL, even if they aren't holding the categories in that group, people can still book those categories and most of the time be moved into your existing group, giving them the amenities that the group receives.

Hello everyone. I am trying to plan a cruise for next summer to Bermuda for our friends and family. I was wondering if NCL gives any discounts if you book several rooms at the same time for a group? If so, how many people or rooms is the magic number before you get to the discounted level?

Thank you! :D

My first suggestion and I mean this very seriously, if you are going to book several cabins you would be much better off to go through a travel agent. It doesn't cost you anything and they know how to get the most out of a group booking...The requirements change of course, but normally, 8 cabins with 2 or more per cabin will get you one free ;person cruising: not one whole cabin, just the one person. As for other perks, they too may apply, but again, a good travel agent can help you with this and get you the most for your $$s.

LadyBerard has explained it very well.

Nita

The only reason you had to get GTY on Carnival is if you book their Early Saver rate. If you booked their regular rates you would have been able to choose your cabin. When you are booking a group and want your cabins near each other, you should use the regular rates on Carnival - you don't save that much with those Early Saver rates and your cabins can be chosen near each other.

Sometimes the group rates are less expensive, sometimes not, but you get amenities for the group if you book early enough.

Often when booking group rates, the cruise lines do not allow you to book the least expensive cabin types - they have only certain cabin categories that can be added to a group so it is possible to get a cheaper price booking outside the group if you can book a lower room category.

But you could have had your booking added to the group booking so you would have received the same amenities. A good travel agent holding a group knows how to do this.

.....it has nothing to do with GTY cabins. You get top pick your own cabin and are eligible for rate drops.

wasiii

My first suggestion and I mean this very seriously, if you are going to book several cabins you would be much better off to go through a travel agent. It doesn't cost you anything and they know how to get the most out of a group booking...The requirements change of course, but normally, 8 cabins with 2 or more per cabin will get you one free ;person cruising: not one whole cabin, just the one person. As for other perks, they too may apply, but again, a good travel agent can help you with this and get you the most for your $$s.

LadyBerard has explained it very well.

Nita

Absolutely correct advice! Not only can the TA negotiate amenities, he/she may well give you some ammenity too. Plus you don't need to have all the answers - you can direct folks to the TA. Much less stress!

Just booked 8 cabins yesterday to Bermuda in July of 2013. Paid for 15 got the 16th for free. Had to pay tax and port charges. Also got $75 OBC from NCL for each cabin. Plus it was half price deposit. I was really happy when I left AAA.

Not with Fun Saver rates. From Carnivals website for Fun Saver prices:

Guests select the stateroom type, Carnival assigns location and stateroom. View may be obstructed.

If the group has booked the Fun Saver rate, they do not get to choose their cabins.

.....it has nothing to do with GTY cabins. You get top pick your own cabin and are eligible for rate drops.

wasiii

Archived