Doing your own passport photo

meluvtogocruise

Has anyone tried doing their own passport photos at home? Used the state website's photo tool. Works great .... just can't get it to print.:mad:

Just wondered if anyone has it figured out.

Mel :o

I got away with it last run by taking my own pix and making sure they were to the right specifications. Nobody said a thing.

Has anyone tried doing their own passport photos at home? Used the state website's photo tool. Works great .... just can't get it to print.:mad:

Just wondered if anyone has it figured out.

Mel :o

Why would you do it yourself?

Free if you are a member of AAA auto club, members only, no family or friends...

Not sure if it's changed in 4 years but in 2008 I went to AAA to get my passport photo done... regular membership gets a discount but only their higher level membership gets it for free.

Walgreens would have been a better deal, and probably faster!

I always look good LOL.

Haha :)

I know some people hate theirs, like my sister. I think out of my friends on the cruise I had the best one. In one friends defense, hers was done fast. Her dad found out a little over a month before the cruise she was going to use get BC so he made her get her PP and she had to rush to get a photo and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Like others here, I took the photo on my digital camera, cropped it to the appropriate dimensions on my computer, printed it on my color laser printer onto regular paper (not photo paper) and sent it in for my passport renewal. No problems. Picture is in the new passport. It really doesn't need to be a complicated or expensive process. Just follow the instructions about the size of the picture and how much of your face is visible within it.

Just go to Walgreens.

It's quick, painless, cheap and it's done right.

Who cares how you look? It's just a passport picture. The only people that get to see it are immigration officers, and you actually think they care after seeing 1000's of pics a day?

I went to a UPS store to have mine done as I was going to have elective eyelid surgery the day before my passport appt. (You need an appt for your first passport.) Passport office rejected my photo, and made me take a new one with two black eyes. I look look like an abused bunny. Take your own photos, but be prepared in case they reject them (i.e., be well-groomed and photo ready).

Sent from my SGH-T859 using Tapatalk 2

Chirpbird, what was the process when they rejected your photo? Did they mail the entire application back to you, or just the photo with a letter? Do you recall what the turnaround time was?

I sent my application on 8/3/2012, they signed for the certified mail on 8/5 but it hasn't shown up in their "system" yet. I'm pretty sure my photo is going to be rejected because I missed the part about being on white or light colored background, my photo has a light blue background... Just curious how long it will take and what their process is. The customer service rep at the Dept of State didn't seem to know what their policy or procedures were, or he didn't want to take the time to explain it to me...

I had to apply in person at the post office because it was my first passport ever. She said my face was not centered. My sister, who had her pic taken at the same UPS store and was renewing via mail, had zero problems. When folks see my passport photo, they think it is a joke. :-D

Sent from my SGH-T859 using Tapatalk 2

I had the best lady at the post office when I got my passport. She kept re-taking the photos, had me tilt my head up slightly to remove my double chin. Picture turned out wonderful. Hubby went few weeks later, some man processed his, he looked like an axe murderer:D

well, just as I expected... got the reject notice from the State Dept. They just stuck the entire package in an envelope and sent it all back. Time to get a new picture taken! Bummer cuz I really love that pic of me!!

Archived