Does anyone do anything creative with their old key cards?

Even though I have been a Princess cruiser and am looking forward to my first RCL cruise next year, I thought I would chime in on what I do with my cards.

I download the pictures from my cruise to a flash drive (always choose a flash drive that has a hole in it for attachment), put a hole in my cruise card and attach it to the flash drive with a small ring from a business supply store. I have a round fish bowl in my travel room/office that contains all my flash drives. Sometimes I even add a souvenir keychain from one of my favorite ports on that cruise. If I want to check out my previous cruises, I just pop the flash drive into the computer for viewing rather than keeping my pictures on my computer.

Great idea!!!!

I asked to keep it but they said they had to take it for security. Yes it sucked but I thought that was normal for them to keep it. Only reading this thread did I find it simply wasn't. I must say that the security people on board were totally non customer service related and were quite abrupt. No excuse because 99% of travellers gave them no reason to be surly. And now I am quite cross I didn't get to keep it if others have. :(

I asked to keep it but they said they had to take it for security. Yes it sucked but I thought that was normal for them to keep it. Only reading this thread did I find it simply wasn't. I must say that the security people on board were totally non customer service related and were quite abrupt. No excuse because 99% of travellers gave them no reason to be surly. And now I am quite cross I didn't get to keep it if others have. :(

On our B2B on Serenade they collected the first weeks Seapass cards too. They said they would return them by the third day of the second cruise...but they never did. We didn't remember about them until we returned home.

I haven't actually done it, but someone once mentioned to me that they turn theirs into fridge magnets... sounded like a useful way to display them. :)

That's what I've done then there's never a question when it comes to where we've been and when!:D

Holy cow, Patti... how big is your fridge? ;) :D

Even though I have been a Princess cruiser and am looking forward to my first RCL cruise next year, I thought I would chime in on what I do with my cards.

I download the pictures from my cruise to a flash drive (always choose a flash drive that has a hole in it for attachment), put a hole in my cruise card and attach it to the flash drive with a small ring from a business supply store. I have a round fish bowl in my travel room/office that contains all my flash drives. Sometimes I even add a souvenir keychain from one of my favorite ports on that cruise. If I want to check out my previous cruises, I just pop the flash drive into the computer for viewing rather than keeping my pictures on my computer.

LOVE this idea. I can't tell you how many times we want to show some pictures to friends and then have to get the laptop out. Having the flash drives easily identified like this would be SO much easier. Guess I'll have to buy a bunch of new flash drives. Heck, they're all on sale now for back to school deals.

FYI- First stop when we embark is to head to the customer service desk and ask them to punch a hole in our card. Then we can attach it to (for hubby) a lanyard and (for me) a coiled wristlet key ring.

Erika

A wreath: punch hole(s) in cards and use Royal Caribbean ribbon (from the gratuitous snack boxes) and hang from wreath interspersed with decorative key chains bearing names of ports (with large rings removed and attached by small hole or ring) and other items picked up in port like small shells.

I have mine all in order in a container in our spare room. I have albums of all our cruises, but prefer to keep the seapass cards in order and I can look at them all at one time. Brings back tons of memories. I keep them all together just in case any of the cruise companies have a problem with any of our cruises registering for their loyalty programs.

Archived