Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

I asked for pretzel rolls when we were on board. Lol. And I got them warm, right out of the oven. :)

Those sound so good -- do you request that they be delivered at a certain time? I don't know why we've never tried them on any of our previous cruises.

We recently received our "purple" luggage tags along with a letter stating that as guests of The Haven, we can make "special requests and arrange a variety of services and amenities" prior to our sailing.

Now to decide what would most make us happy -- besides requesting specific pillow types, asking that the frig be emptied, I'm at a loss as to what we should ask for. I'll keep reading what others have requested and probably go from there -- but I don't want to seem to be too "needy" or request too much.:confused:

Cruising Gem out of NYC to Canada/New England in October - we are in an AFT PH and just received our luggage tags and pre-concierge letter today! I love Happy Mail! ;)

What types of pillows can we request? I use one of those orthopedic neck pillows at home. Would those be available?

Our only other NCL experience was in a Haven 2-bedroom suite (back when it was called a Courtyard Villa) and I have to say, in the 3-1/2 years since -- thanks to these boards -- I now realize we were not given the treatment we paid for. Live and learn I always say! :D (We never said a word to anyone, but now I know the HD is the person who can assist if we have issues! ;))

Our butler was going "home" when our cruise ended and I am sure that's why I was not at all impressed with having a butler! He had pretty much already checked-out. :( Our concierge was OK, but dropped the ball several times (and we made very few requests. But like I said "live and learn"!! lol)

My philosophy is treat service workers with utmost respect -- like they're VIPs -- guess part of that comes watching my daughter waitress years ago at Applebees to help with college costs and seeing/hearing all the horror stories! :eek:

Cruising Gem out of NYC to Canada/New England in October - we are in an AFT PH and just received our luggage tags and pre-concierge letter today! I love Happy Mail! ;)

What types of pillows can we request? I use one of those orthopedic neck pillows at home. Would those be available?

Our only other NCL experience was in a Haven 2-bedroom suite (back when it was called a Courtyard Villa) and I have to say' date=' in the 3-1/2 years since -- thanks to these boards -- I now realize we were not given the treatment we paid for. Live and learn I always say! :D (We never said a word to anyone, but now I know the HD is the person who can assist if we have issues! ;))

Our butler was going "home" when our cruise ended and I am sure that's why I was not at all impressed with having a butler! He had pretty much already checked-out. :( Our concierge was OK, but dropped the ball several times (and we made very few requests. But like I said "live and learn"!! lol)

My philosophy is treat service workers with utmost respect -- like they're VIPs -- guess part of that comes watching my daughter waitress years ago at Applebees to help with college costs and seeing/hearing all the horror stories! :eek:[/quote']

You can reach HD on 8888 extension

Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed:D. Planning is half the fun. Being able to order pillows means you don't have to pack a plumps or squishy. Having an empty fridge means you can get water bottles, bought pre cruise, and get them cold before an excursion. Love having this service.

You can reach HD on 8888 extension

Thanks, I have made a note of that extension. I am optimistic though that there will be no issues which need to be reported! :D

I would like to know what types of pillows are available to request from the pre-concierge. It would make life easier if I didn't have to pack my own, but I can't sleep on normal pillows -- need the ones with neck support! :)

Thanks' date=' I have made a note of that extension. I am optimistic though that there will be no issues which need to be reported! :D

I would like to know what types of pillows are available to request from the pre-concierge. [/quote']

Call them an ask... Pre-Concerige Desk: 855-625-4283

I would like to know what types of pillows are available to request from the pre-concierge. It would make life easier if I didn't have to pack my own' date=' but I can't sleep on normal pillows -- need the ones with neck support! :)[/quote']

Pillow Options

Feather - goose down

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Harriet

Our only other NCL experience was in a Haven 2-bedroom suite (back when it was called a Courtyard Villa) and I have to say' date=' in the 3-1/2 years since -- thanks to these boards -- I now realize we were not given the treatment we paid for. Live and learn I always say! :D (We never said a word to anyone, but now I know the HD is the person who can assist if we have issues! ;))

My philosophy is treat service workers with utmost respect -- like they're VIPs -- guess part of that comes watching my daughter waitress years ago at Applebees to help with college costs and seeing/hearing all the horror stories! :eek:[/quote']

Hi, Vicki'sMom! Here's a copy of the pillow menu in case you haven't seen one:

1004838_10151794297498139_1434099804_n.jpg

Pillow Options

Feather - goose down

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Harriet

Hi, Vicki'sMom! Here's a copy of the pillow menu in case you haven't seen one:

1004838_10151794297498139_1434099804_n.jpg

Thank you so much, Harriet and Sandy! This info is just what I needed! ;)

Sandy, wishing you & Terry a wonderful cruise next month! :D

Thank you so much' date=' Harriet and Sandy! This info is just what I needed! ;)

Sandy, wishing you & Terry a wonderful cruise next month! :D[/quote']

Thanks, Vicki'sMom! I know we'll have a wonderful cruise! How can we not? We're cruising on the Pearl to Alaska in a Haven Suite!:D

And our daughter will be joining us for her first cruise ever. Are we spoiling her or what?!?

Thanks, Vicki'sMom! I know we'll have a wonderful cruise! How can we not? We're cruising on the Pearl to Alaska in a Haven Suite!:D

And our daughter will be joining us for her first cruise ever. Are we spoiling her or what?!?

What an awesome first cruise!! That was our first NCL cruise (when we also had the pleasure of meeting you! ;)), but we had previous cruise experience so we knew how much more wonderful the "Haven" experience truly was! I hope your daughter realizes what wonderful, generous parents you are!! :D

We are trying an Aft PH Suite on Gem. I have heard so many great things about those PH suites -- can't wait!

Originally Posted by Demonyte

AFAIK you can't book a specific cabana as they are assigned automatically in the order of booking, some have said here that they start from the middle cabanas and move outwards to both ends.

On our last NCL cruise I forgot to make a specific cabana request with the pre cruise concierge.

Are Cabanas on the POA? or just the newer. NCL ships?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by 3onTour

On our last NCL cruise I forgot to make a specific cabana request with the pre cruise concierge.

Are Cabanas on the POA? or just the newer. NCL ships?

There aren't any cabanas on POA, I believe they're only on Epic, Breakaway & Getaway.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Yeah... 2 years ago. The post you responded to was from August 2012.

This is why defibrillated threads are so annoying.

Uhhhh...... Time warp? I believe that would be 1 year ago.

I enjoy reading where & when the forum started! I read EVERY post! THANK YOU OP! It is very informative for someone who is experiencing the "Suitelife" for the 1st time.

There aren't any cabanas on POA, I believe they're only on Epic, Breakaway & Getaway.

Thank You! I kind of figured that. Lol! I look forward to a cabana experience one cruise soon!

Are you saying that we can rent a cabana in the actual Haven?

Im on the Getaway in an S4 next August so would like to know this.

Thanks.

Are you saying that we can rent a cabana in the actual Haven?

Im on the Getaway in an S4 next August so would like to know this.

Thanks.

There are only five they are not like the cabanas on GSC they are not in haven they are in vibe beach club

Edited by sjnyc323

Uhhhh...... Time warp? I believe that would be 1 year ago.

I enjoy reading where & when the forum started! I read EVERY post! THANK YOU OP! It is very informative for someone who is experiencing the "Suitelife" for the 1st time.

Ditto! I love it every time this thread gets 'defibrillated' with new info. Very helpful for our first NCL suite cruise in a few months!

Not on Epic, she has no Vibe but Posh that has no reservable cabanas/loungers/etc, it's only the Posh pass (included for suite pax) and then first come, first served.

Vibe on Breakaway and Getaway is for fee for all so even suite pax must purchase the Vibe pass for each person or one of the rental packages like the Cabana that usually includes weekly passes for two pax.

Not on Epic, she has no Vibe but Posh that has no reservable cabanas/loungers/etc, it's only the Posh pass (included for suite pax) and then first come, first served.

Vibe on Breakaway and Getaway is for fee for all so even suite pax must purchase the Vibe pass for each person or one of the rental packages like the Cabana that usually includes weekly passes for two pax.

Thanks for this info. We are on the Epic in November and doing a suite for the first time! Do u know how many cabanas are on the Epic?

3. We enjoy sitting on our balcony for sailaway, and having my wine and DH

beer already there makes it much more relaxing than fighting the crowds for drinks to have to then take back to our suite.

So u can request that your favorite drink be available in your room for sail away? Even mixed drinks?

Is there a list of the requests you can make?

Thanks!

Thanks for this info. We are on the Epic in November and doing a suite for the first time! Do u know how many cabanas are on the Epic?

There are no cabanas on Epic, maybe I wasn't that clear with that. :)

So u can request that your favorite drink be available in your room for sail away? Even mixed drinks?

Is there a list of the requests you can make?

Since you need to be onboard at least 2 hours before sailaway, you can just as well order mixed drinks from the butler after you've boarded to be brought to your cabin after the muster drill.

Wine can be ordered through NCL Gifts & More selection* but beer buckets and other drinks are extra requests to the butler and the pre-cruise concierge desk may or may not relay the request to the ship.

* http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more