Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

I just called and spoke with Jacqueline, who was extremely friendly and professional. She says that we should get our email in the next couple days. I wanted to respond here to bump this thread because most of it was so helpful to me as a first-time NCL suite lifer!

This must be new? My previous cruise I did not have the pre cruise concierge? I guess I will find out on our upcoming cruise in December... Or is this just for Haven suites? We have a suite with butler and concierge but not in the Haven area.

This must be new? My previous cruise I did not have the pre cruise concierge? I guess I will find out on our upcoming cruise in December... Or is this just for Haven suites? We have a suite with butler and concierge but not in the Haven area.

It is for all suites. You will get a letter with your luggage tags. You may call now though and set everything up! Just ask if you have any questions.

Take care Mike,

Cherie

We booked through a TA. About 3-4 weeks before we embarked we asked the TA to contact the pre-concierge with the following requests. I have writeen what was on the ship when we arrived in red:

1. Please schedule me for a Swedish massage at 10:30 am on Thursday, Sept 19 (the day we are in Astoria). Done

2. Our choices for the Owner Suite bar set up are gin and 2 red wines (merlot or zinfandel preferably) from the usual list. We can sign for it as soon as we are in the room. The gin was in the room and butler knew which wine we would receive once the wine cellar opened.

3. We would like tonic, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and ginger ale in the refrigerator. Done

4. May we have lime slices available in the refrigerator. Done

5. Please substitute the usual afternoon canapés with crackers, Brie and bleu cheese. Done

6. If the complimentary champagne/sparkling wine can be exchanged for red wine (merlot, zinfandel) that would be appreciated. Sparkling wine just gives us headaches. If not, we will share with friends. We knew this is subject to the discretion of the concierge or F&B or HD on board. They gave us a low quality red, but it was drinkable and very much appreciated as the champagne or sparkling wine would have been wasted.

Of course, we had the best butler ever (Juremar) whom we have had before. He is THE BEST!!!!

As others have stated, I recommend going the email route to communicate your suite requests to HAL. The team that handles the requests are very prompt and accomodating. I had two or three exchanges with them before I got my list right. Truth be told, I kept reading suggestions here on CC, and then kept adding to my request list! :D

Happy to report that once onboard, all my requests were fulfilled. This was on the Star, this past May.

As others have stated, I recommend going the email route to communicate your suite requests to HAL. The team that handles the requests are very prompt and accomodating. I had two or three exchanges with them before I got my list right. Truth be told, I kept reading suggestions here on CC, and then kept adding to my request list! :D

Happy to report that once onboard, all my requests were fulfilled. This was on the Star, this past May.

Why would they send their request to HAL?????:D:D

Beyond the pillows & towels-- what else did you request?

I plan on requesting what time (or a timeframe) I'd like my snacks. I've read a lot of people say they are delivered around 5 p.m. and we usually like to eat dinner between 5 and 6 p.m.

I also plan on requesting that the fridge be emptied, that I receive a copy of the MDR menus so I can plan my specialty restaurants, what type of snacks I don't want, that ice tea and chocolate croissants are waiting for us in the room when we arrive, that they switch out the bottle of wine with bottled water as we never drink the wine. And that we receive two copies of the Dailies every evening instead of just one.

We also always request a few extra towels.

Harriet

If I may answer as well, I requested a reservation at Teppanyaki for a sea day and got that confirmed and also requested regular coffee and black tea, which was also confirmed.

We talked some about requesting some drinks (wines, beer) be in the cabin and they said this may be done, but it may not so just to check when we got on board and our butler would be happy to bring it.

I'm very pleased with being able to make the specialty restaurant reservation because I know my kids will especially love that one!

I requested that the fridge be emptied, the sparkling wine be replaced with sparkling water, the 2nd bedroom be made up with the Nickelodeon bedding, ordered balloons and made pillow and coffee selections. She offered to make specialty restaurant reservations but I have never had a problem with the concierge taking care of that on board.

Actually, we didn't request pillows and towels. But we did request the following:

lots of decaf coffee pods

copies of the specialty restaurant menus

preference for afternoon snacks (basically anything but canapes)

empty mini bar

additional champagne flutes (so we could entertain another couple)

Actually, we didn't request pillows and towels. But we did request the following:

lots of decaf coffee pods

copies of the specialty restaurant menus

preference for afternoon snacks (basically anything but canapes)

empty mini bar

additional champagne flutes (so we could entertain another couple)

Good idea about the menus................thank you!

We've never been in a suite that didn't have all the specialty menu's included in the suite when we boarded.

The specialty menu's aren't that important to me. I can look at them on NCL's website. What I'd like to have is the MDR's menu's so I can decide what days I want to go to the specialty restaurants.

Harriet

We've never been in a suite that didn't have all the specialty menu's included in the suite when we boarded.

The only time we have ever had the specialty menu's already in our suite was when we were in the Deluxe Owners Suite on the Gem. We have never had them already in the suite in a penthouse.

Hi all

Norwegian Sprirt 13th Nov 2013

Can anyone tell me if there is a concierge Lounge (bar) every night of the cruise, where they provide (free) drinks and nibbles and resevered sun chairs like RCC?

Thanks

I have not been on the Spirit, however if it is like the other ships there may be a concierge lounge, but it is only for the concierge to be accessible to passengers. It does not provide drinks or snacks and there are no reserved sun chairs for suite guests.

Ozboatman, the Haven is a private area with cushioned sun chairs, sun deck, snacks and other amenities for suite guests. You will also be invited to free cocktail hours. As far as I know the Sun doesn't have a Haven courtyard but it sounds like that's what you are looking for.

I have a quick question. We are sailing on POA in May of 2014 and I have heard that there are special menus for suite passengers to order meals from. Does anyone know where I might find these menus? I think it would be very convenient to order dinner to be served in our suite after a long day in port but I wasn't sure of the type or quality of these menus. This our first sailing with NCL and our first suite booking.

Any help would be very much appreciated.