Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

The post is over a year old and the poster hasn't posted since 11/2012 -- long gone.

So you quote ME? I find that funny since MY post is on page one, the same as the one I quoted. Both on the same day 8/15/12.

So what if someone agrees with something written a year ago, see post # 301. If that bothers you, ignore it. Why are you reading such an old thread anyway if that is the case?

And Fine and Jim Dandy isn't gone. Not fooling anyone. Some people just change screen names and pick up where they left off. Anyone with English Lit training can pick up a similar writing style and see it. Especially when the tone is so negative and sarcastic.

Edited by DMH15

So you quote ME? I find that funny since MY post is on page one, the same as the one I quoted. Both on the same day 8/15/12.

So what if someone agrees with something written a year ago, see post # 301. If that bothers you, ignore it. Why are you reading such an old thread anyway if that is the case?

And Fine and Jim Dandy isn't gone. Not fooling anyone. Some people just change screen names and pick up where they left off. Anyone with English Lit training can pick up a similar writing style and see it. Especially when the tone is so negative and sarcastic.

Oh, calm down.

You can request to make your selections over the phone. I have never used the email. Ask for Gretchen, she is bar far the best! ;)

YES thank you that's the name I forgot to write it down. Has got to be the same lovely lady who helped me last May. Most items were missed though not her fault. I want her for this Oct. cruise. I just gave "K" the confirmation we were in our very first suite on the Gem one of the DOS suites. NCL does this the best from all I can see. Taking Auntie in Oct. but no Haven on the Dawn :(. Perks don't look that great in a SC, but heck it's a cruise :).

Thank you again what a great board.

There are no cabanas on Epic, maybe I wasn't that clear with that. :)

Since you need to be onboard at least 2 hours before sailaway, you can just as well order mixed drinks from the butler after you've boarded to be brought to your cabin after the muster drill.

Wine can be ordered through NCL Gifts & More selection* but beer buckets and other drinks are extra requests to the butler and the pre-cruise concierge desk may or may not relay the request to the ship.

* http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

Thanks for the info!

I have read that sometimes pre-concierge doesn't accomplish what people want before hand and things that aren't done are quickly taken care of once onboard.

We have always used Pre-Concierge and love to have all our favorite things taken care of. It is such a great service for Suite Passengers.

Have a great cruise.:)

First time cruiser and first time in a suite. Its a family suite on the Jewel in October - 11530. What is a canape? When is it served? Everyday? Can they bring something else other than the canape? Do we pay extra for this through On Board Credit or is it included in the amenities that come with the suite? I have already requested our pillow selection - which I find hilarious, but that just means we don't have to drag our 20lb Tempurpedic pillows with us. MORE ROOM TO PACK CLOTHES WE WON'T WEAR! WOO! Cruising for the first time is overwhelming by itself, but in a suite?!?!? I may never want to come home and my kids may run away and join NCL.;)

First time cruiser and first time in a suite. Its a family suite on the Jewel in October - 11530. What is a canape? When is it served? Everyday? Can they bring something else other than the canape? Do we pay extra for this through On Board Credit or is it included in the amenities that come with the suite? I have already requested our pillow selection - which I find hilarious, but that just means we don't have to drag our 20lb Tempurpedic pillows with us. MORE ROOM TO PACK CLOTHES WE WON'T WEAR! WOO! Cruising for the first time is overwhelming by itself, but in a suite?!?!? I may never want to come home and my kids may run away and join NCL.;)

My mom and I don't care for the canapes either. We like choc dipped strawberries , fresh fruit, cheese and crackers, cookies, cream puffs, cake, candy, etc. Just let your butler know your preferences.

Since my mom is diabetic our wonderful Teresa brought us 2 plates, one regular and one sugar free!!

I am just wondering--Do you truly love your tempurpedic pillows so much that you would actually pack them and bring them with you? I too have them and while i do love them, i wouldn't even consider taking it with me. JMHO I do think you're right and funny though about the clothes!;):p

I am just wondering--Do you truly love your tempurpedic pillows so much that you would actually pack them and bring them with you? I too have them and while i do love them, i wouldn't even consider taking it with me. JMHO I do think you're right and funny though about the clothes!;):p

YES!!! I bring my contoured tempurpedic pillow everywhere. I have neck issues, so it is a must for me. I have become so high maintenance in my 40's.:eek:

Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

Planning a suite life for the first time is exciting. Sounds like your glass is half empty and this post made me sad. Enjoy the excitement of others and enjoy your cruise.:):):):) I am not trying to be antagonistic, please join other posters about the positive.

Since we are Haven guests, I called the concierge desk at day 54 with my requests....on hold with enough time to balance my check book. Very nice person took all of the information for both ourselves and friends [i had their booking number] and verified the day and time of our selected entertainment. She also noted that we had booked one evening tour, so she must have been in the reservation. She said she would email a complete list of Haven amenities from which we could select what we wanted. Gave that a couple of days, no email. So I sent an email to the concierge desk and the following day received a response from Darius. Pillows, coffee [reg or decaf], extra towels were the items on the email response.

I responded with a detailed email from the referenced items, and added dining place and time, entertainment, snacks, and a request to empty the fridge. Darius responded to my request list but added a statement that requests outside of restaurant and entertainment "will be confirmed onboard." A few days later I went into my reservation and didn't find anything booked. So, I spent all of 5 minutes doing it myself by going into the reservation. We have been in suits on previous sailings, but this is the first time I have attempted to do requests before we sail.

IMO, this precruise concierge does not appear to be worth the marketing efforts. Given a good IT dept., NCL could have a personalizer page in which guests could select any amenities on a list.

It's not a deal breaker, but it would be nice if NCL were more consistent with the precruise program.

Darcy

Planning a suite life for the first time is exciting. Sounds like your glass is half empty and this post made me sad. Enjoy the excitement of others and enjoy your cruise.:):):):) I am not trying to be antagonistic, please join other posters about the positive.

I agree..... It was wonderful booking and planning my first suite experience. My first suite, is something we will never forget.

I know that I have said this before but please don't focus on the negative.

My suite requests were not granted and it was not a deal breaker. I would only recommend that if you need certain requests filled, for example you are allergic to down, or you need a wedge pillow for breathing issues etc, follow up with the pre-concierge or bring your own pillows if it is an absolute necessity.

The butler will handle your requests on board. He will empty your fridge. He will get your bucket of beer. :) pillows may be the only issue if they do not have anymore available of your specific request.

I loved my suite life and I am not sure I can travel in a non suite room anymore. It was that wonderful. Prepare to be pampered and please don't sweat the small , non necessities. :)

Right on sister :D

This is a great thread for those of us who are first time suite guests. Please stop the bickering so that CC does not close this down. Thank you very much for understanding.

If I call ncl will they email me the precruise list to pick from?

This is a great thread for those of us who are first time suite guests. Please stop the bickering so that CC does not close this down. Thank you very much for understanding.

If I call ncl will they email me the precruise list to pick from?

When I got my luggage tags in the mail, they included a letter with a pre-concierge number and email address. I am not a phone person, so I emailed them, they responded with a two page pdf of various options: pillows, coffee, tea and extra towels. They also stated the concierge could make dining, spa and art gallery reservations and asked that you let them know what time you would be arriving at the pier.

When I got my luggage tags in the mail, they included a letter with a pre-concierge number and email address. I am not a phone person, so I emailed them, they responded with a two page pdf of various options: pillows, coffee, tea and extra towels. They also stated the concierge could make dining, spa and art gallery reservations and asked that you let them know what time you would be arriving at the pier.

Thank you alrichards for your informative response. . I will email them. Laurie