New Celebrity Ship

DT1304

I was told that there is a new ship coming some time in November?

Is there any truth to this rumour and if so, where can I find more info?

You are probably thinking about Reflection which just had a "float out" at the factory and is poised to sail soon I believe...probably around November...

where can I find more info?

The ship's inaugural voyage I believe is in October. Here are a couple of links about Reflection at Celebrity's own website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=RF

http://www.celebritycruises.com/manifesto/home.do?pagename=celebrity_reflection

Here is the Cruise Critic float out thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687329

The first official scheduled is a 9 day cruise departing Oct 12, from Amsterdam to Barcelona. My wife and I are on the second, a 14 day cruise departing Oct 21st from from Barcelona to Venice. One more 14 day from Venice back to Barcelona, and then she does a transatlantic to Miami where she will have her official naming ceremony. She will then cruise the Caribbean for the season. It is no rumor. :D

Certainly isn't a rumor :-) Many of us stayed up all hours of the night this past sunday to watch her be floated out!

That was fun, even though it was very late. We watched her come out of the assembly building through two separate video feeds, and those of us still awake chatted with each other during the float out via the thread that HostAndy set up for the event. I found it interesting how SLOWWWWWWWW it all went. A person could crawl faster than the ship moved. I'm glad I stayed up for it!

Definitely not a rumor. She is the 5th ship in the S class category.

She is called Reflection and yes, there are photos.

Here is a thread from someone who has been taking pictures of

all the S class ships since Solstice came into the fleet back in 2008.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1673767&highlight=andreas

Click on the link from leanardo fan reply then click on picture of big white ship.

I am familiar with that web site. When I click on the link provided, it takes me to their home page, which for me is this page:

MeyerWerft.jpg

So, what "big white ship" are you talking about? Clicking on the photo at the bottom right of Reflection exiting the building only brings this page:

MeyerWerft1.jpg

Not much of a photo gallery, IMHO.

I am familiar with that web site. When I click on the link provided, it takes me to their home page, which for me is this page:

MeyerWerft.jpg

So, what "big white ship" are you talking about? Clicking on the photo at the bottom right of Reflection exiting the building only brings this page:

MeyerWerft1.jpg

Not much of a photo gallery, IMHO.

Hi, click on the link in my previous post.....there is a CCr named

Andreas who takes some wonderful pictures of the new ships..........

Hi, click on the link in my previous post.....there is a CCr named

Andreas who takes some wonderful pictures of the new ships..........

Thanks, Lois. I've seen those and they are indeed great photos. When leonardofan posted that MeyerWerft had photos on their web site I was hoping for some behind the scenes type of photos, such as inside the building. So far, those "secret" photos have eluded me. I'm pretty familiar with the various photo and video sites that have sprung up since the float out, and am interested in anything that may be from a new angle, a seldom seen view, or showing how they move the ship out of the building. It's the engineering geek in me taking over, I guess. :D

Thanks, Lois. I've seen those and they are indeed great photos. When leonardofan posted that MeyerWerft had photos on their web site I was hoping for some behind the scenes type of photos, such as inside the building. So far, those "secret" photos have eluded me. I'm pretty familiar with the various photo and video sites that have sprung up since the float out, and am interested in anything that may be from a new angle, a seldom seen view, or showing how they move the ship out of the building. It's the engineering geek in me taking over, I guess. :D

Ohhhh ok:);)...I don't know anything about secret photos LOL.....

Archived