Anybody bought an alcoholic drink package on Victory?

iheartpoco

LOL literally... I was talking about the "woman" part.

Thankfully my wife is not that uptight. She is a woman and would likely be much more offended if I didn't know the difference.

"Giddyup Man" would be offensive given the equipment she has.

Same as if I wasn't pulling my weight and she said "giddyup man". I would giddy up. If she said "giddyup Sally" I would slow down like a 3 toed sloth.

If this program goes fleetwide hopefully Carnival will set up convenient vomit stations that include barf bags, paper towels, water, and aspirin and antacids! They will surely need more security too for all the out of control people.

I've stayed at all-inclusive resorts numerous times and did the drinks package on Celebrity and never saw any of what you describe.

Sure, a few might overindulge, but they are probably not the majority.

If people stopped drinking on cruises and your fare increased to cover this loss of revenue, would you still be so holier than thou :confused:

Definitely not being holier than thou. I do my fair ( or should that be fare :D ) share of drinking but it seems like people are so obsessed about how much alcohol and/or soda they drink onboard.:D. I just grab a bucket of fosters which is 28.75 with tip and that is all I need. Plenty of opportunities to get hammered in port for cheap if one so desires.

We will be on the Victory in 50 days , and I would probally get this . BUT not on the victory. Reason being you have 5 ports and 1 Sea day. So we will only be on the ship at night . If it was a standard 7 day with 3 ports and 3 sea days then I think this would make more sense for me.

Figure its $350 per person = $700 for this for the 7 day cruise. I could drink that much or I can get 2 bottles from Bon Voyage = $100 , Bring the cokes and waters I need and still have over $500 to spend on drinks if I choose

It just doesnt make sense at that price for this cruise

Definitely not being holier than thou. I do my fair ( or should that be fare :D ) share of drinking but it seems like people are so obsessed about how much alcohol and/or soda they drink onboard.:D. I just grab a bucket of fosters which is 28.75 with tip and that is all I need. Plenty of opportunities to get hammered in port for cheap if one so desires.

If that lasts you from 12 noon until 3am that is great, I wish that was the case.

Judging those who it doesn't though and condemning them to eternal damnation is a little harsh

i really like the idea of a drink package. Sailing on Carnival for the first time in 10 days but i have been on a couple of Celebrity cruises and they have drink packages. First I will admit that i tend to try and hit the daily amount of the package. But i do tend to drink a fair amount when on vacation anyway.

However, it's not so much that i drink more alcohol but it's other liquids (sparkling water,soda and specialty teas ) that I usually would not order that I will since it's included. i can go through a couple of bottles of sparkling water at dinner and 3-4 bottles of evian water during the day and that adds up.

Plus it's nice to know up front what my bar bill will be. No guessing with a package.

Jim

Agreed. I did the drinks package on Celebrity and a lot of what I ordered was bottled water. It still worked out to be more economical, especially when compared to the a la carte drinks and water I've paid for on Carnival.

DW and I are drinkers. We get beers at the pool, enjoy cocktails before dinner, have a bottle of wine with dinner and then dance the night away to whatever is In our hands, beer or drinks. Maybe I drink 15, maybe I don't, but I don't think we would get our monies worth with this package.

For the roughly $130 ( two people plus gratuity) I think I am better off with taking my chances of having a $50 day and then a $200 day. I never know until the day of what the end result is and this just boxes me in.

Now reduce it to $30 per person with the same limit and I feel more likely.

With that said I am going to get a beer and ponder it while I call the Betty ford clinic. :D

If that lasts you from 12 noon until 3am that is great, I wish that was the case.

Judging those who it doesn't though and condemning them to eternal damnation is a little harsh

There will be no condemnation to eternal damnation from me. If Carnival offers this program and someone wants to purchase it, more power to them if it works for them. That is what free enterprise is all about. The bit about vomit stations in my earlier post was a joke. I was remembering my early 20's when friends and I would drink too much. Personally for me if I was going to drink a lot the bon voyage offers would be a better deal for me.

Honestly, this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I see people who will "force" all 15 drinks down everyday so they feel like they got their money's worth - people who who should have stopped well before drink number 15.

you "see" people... in the future? wish I had that gift ;)

BTW... whats FaceBook stock going to next month.

I wonder how it will be tracked, will they give you tickets or will it credit you SS account as you buy drinks or something else. Also does the 15 drink clock reset everyday or if you only drink 10 one day then can you have 20 the next?

It would take 6 drinks a day for me to break even, my drinks are about 8.00 with tip and that is about what I would drink in a night. But the nice thing is that if I wanted to buy a drink for someone else like the piano bar player or someone I meet or that I am traveling with i would not be spending any more that normal. That part I like.

I wonder how it will be tracked, will they give you tickets or will it credit you SS account as you buy drinks or something else. Also does the 15 drink clock reset everyday or if you only drink 10 one day then can you have 20 the next?

It would take 6 drinks a day for me to break even, my drinks are about 8.00 with tip and that is about what I would drink in a night. But the nice thing is that if I wanted to buy a drink for someone else like the piano bar player or someone I meet or that I am traveling with i would not be spending any more that normal. That part I like.

I'm quite certain you will have to hand over your S&S card and be limited to ordering one drink at a time.

I'm quite certain you will have to hand over your S&S card and be limited to ordering one drink at a time.

I don't think they will limit one at a time if they have a per day limit. I have seen people with a all inclusive bar card buy more than one at a time.

We will be on the Victory in 50 days , and I would probally get this . BUT not on the victory. Reason being you have 5 ports and 1 Sea day. So we will only be on the ship at night . If it was a standard 7 day with 3 ports and 3 sea days then I think this would make more sense for me.

Figure its $350 per person = $700 for this for the 7 day cruise. I could drink that much or I can get 2 bottles from Bon Voyage = $100 , Bring the cokes and waters I need and still have over $500 to spend on drinks if I choose

It just doesnt make sense at that price for this cruise

They'll see what the number$ say from this test; may turn out they do away with Bon Voyage if this program is a better moneymaker.

If you purchase bottles from Bon Voyage program then are you not walking back and forth to your room to refill your drink? I thought about that but what a pain!

Not if you have a room on the Lido deck steps from the pool :D

Interesting...I just checked with my PVP (who is very good and has been a PVP for years) and she has never heard of it....she checked the Fun Times for the Victory and found nothing either. So something is weird here.

Last I heard, it is only offered to CERTAIN groups, the group must have 30 people and all in the group have to opt for it.

Clearly something was weird there.......;););)

Only groups can get a drink package.. you have to have at least 30? in the group and everyone has to pay the price...thats probably what you read. To me $45 a day for drinks, including port days is pretty high. $45 X 7 days or whatever.

Here is a tread on the same thing.. is this where you got this idea?

You can see someone posted almost what I posted .. you have to be a group and booked as a group and everyone in the group has to pay the price.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1689558

I think Sargent proved you wrong, again.

They'll see what the number$ say from this test; may turn out they do away with Bon Voyage if this program is a better moneymaker.

It's the Victory, you bring all the duty free booze on board you want. Why would you even use Bon Voyage.

It's the Victory, you bring all the duty free booze on board you want. Why would you even use Bon Voyage.

Doesn't that duty free booze get impounded until the end of the cruise? Agreed you can bring 1 bottle of wine and 12 soft drinks aboard.

Doesn't that duty free booze get impounded until the end of the cruise? Agreed you can bring 1 bottle of wine and 12 soft drinks aboard.

Yes they will take it until the end of the cruise. Years back it would be a I didn't see attitude.Only 15 drinks a day? What that would be 1 can shy of 4 buckets. That won't work.

Archived