Anybody bought an alcoholic drink package on Victory?

iheartpoco

Who ever is thinking this is a good deal should see this.. 2 people in a cabin for a 7 day cruise will pay at the most $811.30 extra for the drink deal.. :eek:

$42.95 @ person per cabin ( and all adults in a cabin MUST pay also )= $85.90 per day

x7 day cruise = $601.30

Then they add 15% gratuity for drinks up to $10 each x 20 drinks per day per cabin =$210.00

$601.30

+$210.00

-----------

$811.30 give or take the gratuity on each drink price.. OH and don't go over that $10 drink price limit :D

And remember, those two dollar sodas count towards your 15 drink per day limit...

I have not seen ANYWHERE that says there is a 15 drink limit....can someone please post a link to somewhere that states this?

the only reference to the 15 drink limit is from someone who was actually on the victory the first week it was offered, earlier in this thread (and maybe another thread, possibly a second first-hand account i can't remember since there's like 4 threads lol).

here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34958052&postcount=6

I know, I've seen people say it but would like to see it in writing from Carnival. But then again, they probably only have it in writing when you are onboard booking it.

I'd like to hear it from someone that has actually bought the package. Well, I'm sure we will hear from someone eventually...

I know, I've seen people say it but would like to see it in writing from Carnival. But then again, they probably only have it in writing when you are onboard booking it.

I'd like to hear it from someone that has actually bought the package. Well, I'm sure we will hear from someone eventually...

yeah, same... nothing that has been 'officially' released though has mentioned the limit...

i wish it were on triumph this weekend, i'd be sure to report back. but alas... :(

I am looking at the card I picked up on deck at the table they were selling the "My Awesome Bar Program" when we were on the Victory 8/12-8/19.

*Prices are per day; gratuities not included. is how it is listed on the card. We were told it would be $601.30 for the two of us. We took that to mean the gratuities would be charged per drink, based on the price of the drink.

Listed in the 12 points of "Beverages excluded":

Beverages in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Bottled water

Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

Beverages offered through room service

Coffee beverages and food items

25% is the discount amount for drinks above $10 as well as bottles of wine or champagne, not a gratuity percentage.

Nowhere on this card is there a limit listed. I did not see anything at the table that stated a limit, although I was not looking for one.

I am looking at the card I picked up on deck at the table they were selling the "My Awesome Bar Program" when we were on the Victory 8/12-8/19.

*Prices are per day; gratuities not included. is how it is listed on the card. We were told it would be $601.30 for the two of us. We took that to mean the gratuities would be charged per drink, based on the price of the drink.

Bottles of liquor

Bottled water

25% is the discount amount for drinks above $10 as well as bottles of wine or champagne, not a gratuity percentage.

Nowhere on this card is there a limit listed. I did not see anything at the table that stated a limit, although I was not looking for one.

THANK YOU WE HAVE REAL FACTS WOO HOO.... THANK YOU

cruzn buckeye YOU KNOW ITS A GOOD DEAL LOL.

I drink jack and sprite with some shots too. If I have 7 drinks in 24 hrs it pays for its self. It sucks at the end of the week getting the big bill. I am not a drunk i like to drink on vacation thank you carnival

Bottles of liquor

Bottled water

THANKS SO MUCH! Bummed about the bottled water....I guess that includes Perrier so if that's the case, it's no good to me. :(

THANK YOU WE HAVE REAL FACTS WOO HOO.... THANK YOU

cruzn buckeye YOU KNOW ITS A GOOD DEAL LOL.

I drink jack and sprite with some shots too. If I have 7 drinks in 24 hrs it pays for its self. It sucks at the end of the week getting the big bill. I am not a drunk i like to drink on vacation thank you carnival

yeah.. me too :D But I have to say, it might get way out of control if they don't limit it... sorry to be a debbie downer... but I don't like bar fights... and it does concern be some because there have already been altercations on the ships recently...

New info from John on the limit!

We do have a flag in the system to alert the Beverage Manager on board when a guest has had a certain number of drinks. This is designed with guest safety in mind. If a guest has been drinking soda all day, the bar manager has the ability to note that in the system so that guest will be able to continue to purchase beverages. At any point in time, we reserve the right to refrain from serving any guest who appears to be intoxicated, regardless of number of drinks or whether or not they are in the program.Hope this helps. cheers mate and hope all is well with you.

So, no 15 drink limit has been hard set as of yet.

Archived