upsale fairy tempted me... did i do the right thing?

wafflestoo

Upsale fairy just called and offered our family of 4 an upsale from our regular balcony to Ocean Suite for 700.00 total on our upcoming Legend cruise in 3 days. Boo Hoo... i would have loved a suite, but, alas, 700.00 is a lot of clams. I told her that if she called everyone else on her list and didn't have a taker I would do it for 400.00. Think there is a chance that she could call back? Did I miss a super deal? I sort of wish that she hadn't called... now I will always wonder what it would have been like.:rolleyes:

Upsale fairy just called and offered our family of 4 an upsale from our regular balcony to Ocean Suite for 700.00 total on our upcoming Legend cruise in 3 days. Boo Hoo... i would have loved a suite, but, alas, 700.00 is a lot of clams. I told her that if she called everyone else on her list and didn't have a taker I would do it for 400.00. Think there is a chance that she could call back? Did I miss a super deal? I sort of wish that she hadn't called... now I will always wonder what it would have been like.:rolleyes:

I have never done a suite but our cruise in October was only $734 PP for a lido balcony.I think you did good by not taking it.$700 is alot of excursions and drinks of the day

We got that same offer when we went on our Liberty cruise last March. We tried to get them to go lower, but he said he couldn't. We went ahead and took it, even though it was a bit expensive. We were very happy we did. But then it was our first cruise and I am sure we would have been just as happy with our original balcony room. But the space was very nice for our family of three.

We took the upsell for $300 for two people in the suite. While the suite was nice, it was directly over the life boats. I missed being able to see the pier when we docked and the pier runners before leaving. Next time we will research where the suite is before we commit. $700 is a lot of money to a family of four.

Archived